unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by rrforlifebaby »

I'm hoping Big Red can bounce back and finish the season strong. Very tough loss to Campbell. Offense seems to be settling down, but that D has issues. From what I've been hearing, D coaches are infighting. This HC is a lame duck coach. C'mon coaches, put your egos aside and get it done for the kids. Still feel Big Red is too much for the Govs. Still got time to work out the kinks; now is the time to start gelling and build momentum for the playoffs.

St Louis and Kamehameha should be another Crusader win. Wonder how much total yards Kamehameha will have? Maybe 150?

RRFL!!!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

rrforlifebaby wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:57 am I'm hoping Big Red can bounce back and finish the season strong. Very tough loss to Campbell. Offense seems to be settling down, but that D has issues. From what I've been hearing, D coaches are infighting. This HC is a lame duck coach. C'mon coaches, put your egos aside and get it done for the kids. Still feel Big Red is too much for the Govs. Still got time to work out the kinks; now is the time to start gelling and build momentum for the playoffs.

St Louis and Kamehameha should be another Crusader win. Wonder how much total yards Kamehameha will have? Maybe 150?

RRFL!!!
No matter if Kahuku defensive coaches are fighting with each other, Farrington going to have a very tough time trying to run the ball against Kahuku. The Farrington qb also not really enough of a threat to keep Kahuku from stacking the box

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Kamehameha can ill afford a blocked punt against St. Louis and worse, injuries. The former happened when we played them. The latter could ruin their chances of beating us a week from Friday.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:21 pm Kamehameha can ill afford a blocked punt against St. Louis and worse, injuries. The former happened when we played them. The latter could ruin their chances of beating us a week from Friday.
The Crusaders have been hitting pick 6’s a lot this season. I’m looking for another one against Kam.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:02 pm
gopunahou wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:21 pm Kamehameha can ill afford a blocked punt against St. Louis and worse, injuries. The former happened when we played them. The latter could ruin their chances of beating us a week from Friday.
The Crusaders have been hitting pick 6’s a lot this season. I’m looking for another one against Kam.
I think playing KSK right after playing St. Louis hurt us last year. Guess who is in the position we were in last year? Your Friday opponent.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:19 am
genks wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:02 pm
I think playing KSK right after playing St. Louis hurt us last year. Guess who is in the position we were in last year? Your Friday opponent.
Hmm interesting. If this game has no effect of the ILH picture, Kam could rest their entire 1st team defense and offense. Maybe play them for 1 qtr to keep the timing and intensity. I’m sure Kam will
Not do this, but it gets weird when you play games that don’t matter one bit

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Never been to all these schools that we played this year. It’s been fun going to these away games and seeing the stadiums and their atmosphere.

BUT

I am super happy to be back at the stadium tonight. Much better view of the game, and covered seating. It may storm tonight.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Punahou 42, Waianae 0 just before halftime

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Kam playing good defense so far.

Kama qb also making some throws he didn’t seem capable of earlier in the season. One of his receivers came up with an amazing catch, laying out for a big catch.

Kam also running the ball better than I’m comfortable with.

Crusaders with that HUGE mistake dropping the punt and giving Kam the ball deep in the redzone. Just handed them a TD. That was frustrating to see.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

We crushed Waianae, 52-0, and gave our backups quality PT.

And genks, don't let it surprise you or discourage you that KSK ran the ball decently. They've always done that.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:06 pm We crushed Waianae, 52-0, and gave our backups quality PT.

And genks, don't let it surprise you or discourage you that KSK ran the ball decently. They've always done that.
You’re right, I was not giving them their due respect

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

My favorite mainland team, Mater Dei, lost tonight against St. John Bosco. I hope that if they play SJB again they can return the favor.

As for Hawaii's games, did KSK just run out of gas last night?

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:40 pm My favorite mainland team, Mater Dei, lost tonight against St. John Bosco. I hope that if they play SJB again they can return the favor.

I’m surprised by the score of the Bosco vs Mater Dei game. I would not expect a blow out either way between those 2 teams.

STL is a very bad match up for Kam. STL’s defense is very heavy up front. Kam wants to run the ball against our defense which will happily play a single high safety in order to rush 5. If STL didn’t fudge up that punt and give them the ball near the goal this game is a shutout.

Their defense is very tough and has a lot of heart. They know they will need to carry the team because the offense goes 3 and out pretty often.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:36 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:40 pm My favorite mainland team, Mater Dei, lost tonight against St. John Bosco. I hope that if they play SJB again they can return the favor.

I’m surprised by the score of the Bosco vs Mater Dei game. I would not expect a blow out either way between those 2 teams.

STL is a very bad match up for Kam. STL’s defense is very heavy up front. Kam wants to run the ball against our defense which will happily play a single high safety in order to rush 5. If STL didn’t fudge up that punt and give them the ball near the goal this game is a shutout.

Their defense is very tough and has a lot of heart. They know they will need to carry the team because the offense goes 3 and out pretty often.
They did use their best players against STL, which does not bode well for them this coming Friday against us. Considering most of our best players played less than a half.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Eleven,

1.St.Louis 8-0 Crusaders wait to see whether Kamehameha or Punahou is next in two weeks.
2.Punahou 6-2 ILH playoffs next vs. Kamehameha.
3.Mililani 7-2 DNP
4.Moanalua 8-0 OIA playoffs next vs.Castle.
5.Leilehua 8-2 OIA playoffs vs. Waipahu next.
6.Campbell 6-3
7.Kahuku 5-3
8.Iolani 8-2 Raiders wait to see who they get in state D-I tournament.
9.Hilo 6-1
10.Damien 5-4 Beat OIA playoff-bound Castle. Season over.

Kamehameha drops out with the loss to St.Louis.

Unofficial Open Standings,

St.Louis 7-0
Mililani 5-1
Punahou 6-2
Campbell 4-3
Kahuku 4-3
Kamehameha 3-5
Kapolei 1-6
Waianae 1-6
Farrington 1-7