unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by unpaid »

Week Sixteen,

1.St.Louis 10-0 No.2 Mililani next for Open title
2.Mililani 10-2
3.Punahou 7-3
4.Campbell 8-5 SO
5.Kahuku 7-5 SO
6.Hilo 9-1
7.Waipahu 9-4
8.Iolani 8-3
9.Moanalua 8-1
10.Leilehua 8-3

St.Louis vs Mililani.Bet this one doesn’t get cancelled.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Mililani looked like how they did against Punahou. Just constant shots down the field. Difference was Punahou sacked Gabriel way more. idk. But Trojans playing solid defense is a good sign. Maybe, just maybe, that new sophomore kid can be enough to give their secondary a boost against St Louis

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Post game thoughts

The Crusader defense played well, add 2 more to the long list of defensive TDs for the year. This group on defense is definitely special. They will face their toughest test coming up. Well, either toughest or equal to Punahou. Yes Muasau was the qb but he looked very good and Coach Ane is an excellent coach who game plans well.

On offense, for some reason they haven’t attacked the middle much. Always throwing quick outs is dangerous. Our defense keys in on that and has picked off a bunch of those. Kahuku came very close a few times. We haven’t been running many crossing routes. Punahou kills with those. I’d like to see us do the same.

The run game has been really fun to watch and very effective. Draws, traps, options, all working well. They should’ve done more option stuff with Chevan, he was fast as lightning. Jayden not as fast but a smart and shifty runner.

TURNOVERS. NO MORE FUMBLES!!!! NO MORE BLIND THROWS INTO DOUBLE COVERAGE!!!

Special teams, geez. That is 2, yes 2 kids returned for TDs this season! Omg NO MORE!!! I always say you need the touchback against Kahuku, very important. Kahuku always has lots of dangerous returners, and they are the best at blocking. No more fake punt TDs, no more kick return TDs.

Here we go!!! 1 more game!!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 pm Mililani won by 22 but looked much worse than the score indicates. Their offense was stagnant in the 1st half. Campbell’s anemic offense gave them the oppurtunities they needed to take a big lead. Regardless, don’t let that make you think that next week’s game will be 56-0 St. Louis. Mililani came off of a lackluster offensive performance against Farrington before they played us 4 yrs ago. Thing is, I’m cheering for Mililani because I enjoy watching St. Louis win as much as I enjoy a root canal.
@gopunahou: I'm with you on that one. I rarely take your side because, as you know, I'm not fond of your alma mater. However, I'm not exactly fond of St Louis School, either. To tell you truth, I'm not exactly in love with Mililani High, but I'd rather have them than St Louis School. Anyway, as much as you and I would like to see St Louis lose, we can be about 90% certain that it's not going to happen. Like, Mililani might not lose 56-0, but they might lose 49-28. It's still a loss. I think you and I are going to have a "St Louis School root canal."

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:03 pm
gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 pm Mililani won by 22 but looked much worse than the score indicates. Their offense was stagnant in the 1st half. Campbell’s anemic offense gave them the oppurtunities they needed to take a big lead. Regardless, don’t let that make you think that next week’s game will be 56-0 St. Louis. Mililani came off of a lackluster offensive performance against Farrington before they played us 4 yrs ago. Thing is, I’m cheering for Mililani because I enjoy watching St. Louis win as much as I enjoy a root canal.
I know! I love a good root canal myself!

I think that was game plan by Mililani. They wanted to stick to running and did so successfully. I mean they still won, not that they ran the ball well
@genks: Well, Mililani has a decent RB in Malepeai, but I don't know about the run-blocking ability of Mililani's O-line.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:19 pm I hope for Kahuku that 2019 is a better year for them on AND off the field. 2018 will likely always be a year they’d like to ignore because not only did they lose the most games I’ve seen Kahuku lose in years (and suffer many bad injuries), they’ve also endured way too many tragedies.
@gopunahou: You're showing a lot of class. Kahuku is your alma mater's football rival, yet you wish them a better season next year. That's class.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 pm Wow horrible sportsmanship after the game. Even in the handshake line. Sometime you are the hammer, sometimes you are the nail. But don’t be a jerk when it’s your turn to be the nail
@genks: What happened? I didn't see the handshakes; I stopped watching way before that.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Neighbor wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:43 am Mililani looked like how they did against Punahou. Just constant shots down the field. Difference was Punahou sacked Gabriel way more. idk. But Trojans playing solid defense is a good sign. Maybe, just maybe, that new sophomore kid can be enough to give their secondary a boost against St Louis
(Sorry, I deleted this post because it's the same as the one that follows.)
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Neighbor wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:43 am Mililani looked like how they did against Punahou. Just constant shots down the field. Difference was Punahou sacked Gabriel way more. idk. But Trojans playing solid defense is a good sign. Maybe, just maybe, that new sophomore kid can be enough to give their secondary a boost against St Louis
@Neighbor: I think Mililani will need a whole lot more than that. I think the key is for Mililani's defensive front-seven to kick DeLaura's butt. That won't be easy; St Louis has a thick O-line. How good are Mililani's DEs? Are they quick? How mean are Mililani's LBs?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:49 am Post game thoughts

The Crusader defense played well, add 2 more to the long list of defensive TDs for the year. This group on defense is definitely special. They will face their toughest test coming up. Well, either toughest or equal to Punahou. Yes Muasau was the qb but he looked very good and Coach Ane is an excellent coach who game plans well.

On offense, for some reason they haven’t attacked the middle much. Always throwing quick outs is dangerous. Our defense keys in on that and has picked off a bunch of those. Kahuku came very close a few times. We haven’t been running many crossing routes. Punahou kills with those. I’d like to see us do the same.

The run game has been really fun to watch and very effective. Draws, traps, options, all working well. They should’ve done more option stuff with Chevan, he was fast as lightning. Jayden not as fast but a smart and shifty runner.

Special teams, geez. That is 2, yes 2 kids returned for TDs this season! Omg NO MORE!!! I always say you need the touchback against Kahuku, very important. Kahuku always has lots of dangerous returners, and they are the best at blocking. No more fake punt TDs, no more kick return TDs.

@genks: I wouldn't worry about kickoff-return TDs. Your alma mater will win even if they allow one every game. The only close games were Kapolei and Punahou, and in the Kapolei game DeLaura wasn't playing. As for blind throws into double-coverage, well, Mililani does have some good DBs. But again, I don't think it's going to change the outcome of next week's game.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:54 pm
genks wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:49 am Post game thoughts

@genks: I wouldn't worry about kickoff-return TDs. Your alma mater will win even if they allow one every game. The only close games were Kapolei and Punahou, and in the Kapolei game DeLaura wasn't playing. As for blind throws into double-coverage, well, Mililani does have some good DBs. But again, I don't think it's going to change the outcome of next week's game.
Can’t count Mililani out. They are fast on both offense and defense. They are a veteran team and can put up lots of points

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Going back to Mililani vs Campbell, does anyone know why Campbell took 2 timeouts in a row? All the refs were discussing something also

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:45 pm
genks wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 pm Wow horrible sportsmanship after the game. Even in the handshake line. Sometime you are the hammer, sometimes you are the nail. But don’t be a jerk when it’s your turn to be the nail
@genks: What happened? I didn't see the handshakes; I stopped watching way before that.
From the last kneel down into the handshake line. They show it on camera. The camera cuts to Felipe and Coach Hernandez and you can see the altercation in the line behind them. Adults quickly gained control of the situation before it got bigger. I don’t want to name anyone and I want to move on from this, it was just disappointing. we have a state title to fight for. On to the next one!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

genks wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 pm Going back to Mililani vs Campbell, does anyone know why Campbell took 2 timeouts in a row? All the refs were discussing something also
DJ was mad they never call 12 men in the huddle on the previous play

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I think this is the biggest gap between one team and everybody else since 1988. Yes, St. Louis fielded monster teams in 1994 and 1998. They also challenged the best two OIA teams (1994 and 1998 Kahuku) that year, along with a formidable 1994 Punahou team. The fact that St. Louis played some tough teams in '94 and beat them makes me think that that team is the greatest HS football team in Hawaii history.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!