unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
anywaaaays!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by anywaaaays!! »

lol I make a for fun poll making fun of the seeming irrationality of unpaid's poll and he's all like "personal attacks!" "he's calling me irrational!" "i'm hurt!" I challenge anyone here to find one personal attack where i directly made fun of unpaid as a person, as opposed to the choices he made in his poll.

Also, as far as me being one of those rrfl idiots (i've been on HPW. They give kahuku fans a bad name), idk how you can conclude that when the whole reason why I made the first poll was to gently make fun of unpaid's irrationality in consistently ranking Saint Louis outside the top three for reasons unknown to anybody and I honestly detest Kahuku football. It's boring to watch. It's boring to listen to. But extremely fun to read what their fans say whenever they lose. Oh god. It really is crazy how they get. Maybe they'll fire their coach again, and again, and again, and again...

but if that's considered "stifling discussion" then well, so be it. I, however, am actually VERY much impressed by unpaid's latest poll. There really isn't anything crazy here aside from his exclusion of the Sacred Hearts cheerleading squad (top notch!) and ranking Kam below Leilehua and Moanalua. I mean, lol, my god. They're not even in the same division! That's almost like ranking Lahainaluna over Leilehua because they're undefeated in the MIL. Come on, man! Kamehameha's offense is about as good as my mom's cooking (i.e. not very good) but they played Miliani, Kahuku, and Campbell extremely close.

Although the real head scratcher is ranking punahou over kahuku. That's just...

But anyway, without further ado, here are the next top 10 rankings for this week:

1.Sacred Hearts 356-1. You can say that St. Louis won because of tuitele. You can say that St. Louis won because the coaches made adjustments and the players responded. But we all know the real reason they won: Sacred Hearts came out for four games. Saint Louis is 4-0. Coincidence? I think not.
2. Kahuku 4-1 They already beat punahou. They lost to Saint Louis. Saint Louis beat them both. Kahuku has one loss. Punahou has two. This isn't rocket science. How someone can put a two loss team in front of a one loss team that ALREADY BEAT SAID TEAM this season is beyond me.
3.Punahou 3-2 Sometimes I dream about interviewing Kale Ane and keep calling him "kale" like the vegetable just to piss him off.
4.Mililani 4-2 So much for campbell being top 3. Mililani flat out dismantled them.
5.Campbell 4-1 Probably overrated. Most likely will suffer multiple losses. But Darren Johnson has a great beard. The team feeds off that.
6. Kamehameha 2-3 If Abu Ma'afala isn't bald by now from ripping out his hair in anger, he will be soon. When he even hears the word "offense," he probably starts ripping away.
7. Clackamas 100-0 You can't spell state championshipmas without Clackamas! amirite???
8. Leilehua 4-2 I want iolani in this poll. But i can't put them in this poll without leilehua. so i'm only putting them at 8 so at number 9 i can put.....
9.Iolani 4-2 Remember, their ceiling is #9. Why? see #7
10. Waipahu 4-2 Welcome back to the Marauders to the top 10! and welcome back their players who were on academic probation back to the football field!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid2 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:55 pm lol I make a for fun poll making fun of the seeming irrationality of unpaid's poll and he's all like "personal attacks!" "he's calling me irrational!" "i'm hurt!" I challenge anyone here to find one personal attack where i directly made fun of unpaid as a person, as opposed to the choices he made in his poll.

Also, as far as me being one of those rrfl idiots (i've been on HPW. They give kahuku fans a bad name), idk how you can conclude that when the whole reason why I made the first poll was to gently make fun of unpaid's irrationality in consistently ranking Saint Louis outside the top three for reasons unknown to anybody and I honestly detest Kahuku football. It's boring to watch. It's boring to listen to. But extremely fun to read what their fans say whenever they lose. Oh god. It really is crazy how they get. Maybe they'll fire their coach again, and again, and again, and again...

but if that's considered "stifling discussion" then well, so be it. I, however, am actually VERY much impressed by unpaid's latest poll. There really isn't anything crazy here aside from his exclusion of the Sacred Hearts cheerleading squad (top notch!) and ranking Kam below Leilehua and Moanalua. I mean, lol, my god. They're not even in the same division! That's almost like ranking Lahainaluna over Leilehua because they're undefeated in the MIL. Come on, man! Kamehameha's offense is about as good as my mom's cooking (i.e. not very good) but they played Miliani, Kahuku, and Campbell extremely close.

Although the real head scratcher is ranking punahou over kahuku. That's just...

But anyway, without further ado, here are the next top 10 rankings for this week:

1.Sacred Hearts 356-1. You can say that St. Louis won because of tuitele. You can say that St. Louis won because the coaches made adjustments and the players responded. But we all know the real reason they won: Sacred Hearts came out for four games. Saint Louis is 4-0. Coincidence? I think not.
2. Kahuku 4-1 They already beat punahou. They lost to Saint Louis. Saint Louis beat them both. Kahuku has one loss. Punahou has two. This isn't rocket science. How someone can put a two loss team in front of a one loss team that ALREADY BEAT SAID TEAM this season is beyond me.
3.Punahou 3-2 Sometimes I dream about interviewing Kale Ane and keep calling him "kale" like the vegetable just to piss him off.
4.Mililani 4-2 So much for campbell being top 3. Mililani flat out dismantled them.
5.Campbell 4-1 Probably overrated. Most likely will suffer multiple losses. But Darren Johnson has a great beard. The team feeds off that.
6. Kamehameha 2-3 If Abu Ma'afala isn't bald by now from ripping out his hair in anger, he will be soon. When he even hears the word "offense," he probably starts ripping away.
7. Clackamas 100-0 You can't spell state championshipmas without Clackamas! amirite???
8. Leilehua 4-2 I want iolani in this poll. But i can't put them in this poll without leilehua. so i'm only putting them at 8 so at number 9 i can put.....
9.Iolani 4-2 Remember, their ceiling is #9. Why? see #7
10. Waipahu 4-2 Welcome back to the Marauders to the top 10! and welcome back their players who were on academic probation back to the football field!
LMFAO come for unpaid’s rankings, stay for unpaid2’s rankings.

I also agree not sure how Kahuku would be below Punahou, but not that important to me. My boys claimed their rightful spot since the preseason, in the single rankings list that did not have them at 1. Also had them below Kam.

anywaaaays!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by anywaaaays!! »

It's really unfortunate that kam can't find a quarterback. The talent on that team is there. I would argue they have one of the best defensive units in the state with around three or four legit division I prospects. They really do have some talented receivers and a decent (but not great) stable of running backs. If they had a good qb, they would've beaten mililani, campbell, and possibly kahuku

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

genks wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:49 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 pm
genks wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:40 pm

The problem was him refusing to get rid of the ball. I think 2 of the picks he threw was scrambling and trying too hard to make somethjng happen. He started running a lot because Punahou was only rushing 3 and the pass coverage was very good. Hope he can tighten it up
@genks: Well, that's the thing. Punahou's secondary was good, so receivers were often covered. But again, De Laura responded with his run game. And, why does he have to "tighten it up"? St Louis probably won't lose another game. Now that Punahou has two losses, St Louis will almost certainly wrap-up the ILH Open title, and won't see Punahou again until next season. The only school that could have beaten St Louis is Punahou, but last night they didn't do it. They came close, but close doesn't count. Punahou is now saddled with two losses, and that will almost certainly amount to enough nails in their coffin. However, in States, St Louis will have to watch-out for Mililani. I think their pass game is even better than it was just two weeks ago, and they have a better run game than St Louis. Also, if and when Mililani plays St Louis, I'll be backing Mililani. As of the second game of the season, I made the switch. Before that, I would have backed St Louis. Right now, I think Mililani can beat Kahuku. Incidentally, I will also back Mililani against Kahuku, for the same reason as I'm now backing them against St Louis. I know guys have been saying that Kahuku is "my" team, but as of the second game of the season, not when they play Mililani. I'm not a Kahuku alumnus, so I'm exercising my right to be a "free agent."
He needs to tighten up because you can’t turn the ball over that many times and expect to win. Luckily our defense played well last night and bailed us out.
@genks: You can't turn the ball over that many times against Punahou and expect to win. St Louis will almost certainly not face Punahou again this season. Last night was it.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid2 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:44 pm It's really unfortunate that kam can't find a quarterback. The talent on that team is there. I would argue they have one of the best defensive units in the state with around three or four legit division I prospects. They really do have some talented receivers and a decent (but not great) stable of running backs. If they had a good qb, they would've beaten mililani, campbell, and possibly kahuku
@unpaid2: Actually, Kamehameha has a decent QB in Togiai; it's just that he wasn't "on" on Friday night. Also, they may have just found another decent QB in that Soph whom HC Maafala replaced Togiai with. Look at all those passing yards he had against Kahuku in the second half, unless those yards were against Kahuku's reserves. I doubt it, because you usually don't take-out your starting D; you take-out your starting O. Not only that; the score wasn't so lopsided that Kahuku would have put-in their reserves on D.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid2 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:44 pm It's really unfortunate that kam can't find a quarterback. The talent on that team is there. I would argue they have one of the best defensive units in the state with around three or four legit division I prospects. They really do have some talented receivers and a decent (but not great) stable of running backs. If they had a good qb, they would've beaten mililani, campbell, and possibly kahuku
I agree. Their defense has a ton of heart and knows every time they walk into a game, they will have to carry the team. The offense has good pieces, it’s just missing the most important piece.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

If we had Sol Jay, well we could have beaten.

ka'ahupahau706
High-quality H20 provider

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

Good game over the weekend, I can't wait to watch the ILH championship game. Saint Louis has won the first round bye in the ILH tournament with winning on Saturday, Punahou should handle Kamehameha with ease. Should be an exciting one. Too bad they won't let the two teams in the state tournament like that one year a couple years back.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 am Good game over the weekend, I can't wait to watch the ILH championship game. Saint Louis has won the first round bye in the ILH tournament with winning on Saturday, Punahou should handle Kamehameha with ease. Should be an exciting one. Too bad they won't let the two teams in the state tournament like that one year a couple years back.
I don’t think there is an ILH tournament. That’s why the inter league games count for ILH, the team with the best overall record goes to the state tournament. The OIA may still have some type of playoff but not sure. I could be wrong about all that tho. But I do know OIA games count for ILH teams, and the OIA teams can rest players against ILH teams if they want becauE it doesn’t count towards their OIA league standings.

ka'ahupahau706

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

genks wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 pm
ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 am Good game over the weekend, I can't wait to watch the ILH championship game. Saint Louis has won the first round bye in the ILH tournament with winning on Saturday, Punahou should handle Kamehameha with ease. Should be an exciting one. Too bad they won't let the two teams in the state tournament like that one year a couple years back.
I don’t think there is an ILH tournament. That’s why the inter league games count for ILH, the team with the best overall record goes to the state tournament. The OIA may still have some type of playoff but not sure. I could be wrong about all that tho. But I do know OIA games count for ILH teams, and the OIA teams can rest players against ILH teams if they want becauE it doesn’t count towards their OIA league standings.
I actually just got word that they do have an ILH tournament, so it should be very interesting the next time around. I think Punahou's team is getting better every week from the first time we watched them against Kahuku. Saint Louis will be even stronger at the end of the year so that might be better than the state championship game.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

The ILH will have a league playoff. 2 and 3 will play each other. The winner then plays 1. The winner is the ILH rep in states. It was in the paper weeks ago.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:35 pm The ILH will have a league playoff. 2 and 3 will play each other. The winner then plays 1. The winner is the ILH rep in states. It was in the paper weeks ago.
hmm ok so the record is to determine 1,2,3 seed positions.

Hopefully Cal and Ron will have a solution to Punahou dropping 8 into coverage. That seemed to be really effective against both us and Mililani.

Interesting tho, Kahuku and STL had success running against Punahou. Tho STL mostly qb runs because they only rushed 3. Punahou has had very good pass coverage last 2 games. Wonder if Kam could find success running against them.

anywaaaays!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by anywaaaays!! »

ILH should really have two representatives in states. This whole 3 OIA and 1 ILH thing is for the birds. Either 2 OIA and 2 ILH, or 3 OIA, 2 ILH,and 1 at large berth from any of the leagues, with the top two seeds getting a bye into the semis.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

unpaid2 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:57 pm ILH should really have two representatives in states. This whole 3 OIA and 1 ILH thing is for the birds. Either 2 OIA and 2 ILH, or 3 OIA, 2 ILH,and 1 at large berth from any of the leagues, with the top two seeds getting a bye into the semis.
Agree with UP2. ILH post season, 2 vs.3, winner play #1 for championship then winner goes to State finals. OIA should follow same format, champion goes to States. No extra fluff games. No extra OIA teams. #1 vs.#1.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Markeke wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:02 am
unpaid2 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:57 pm ILH should really have two representatives in states. This whole 3 OIA and 1 ILH thing is for the birds. Either 2 OIA and 2 ILH, or 3 OIA, 2 ILH,and 1 at large berth from any of the leagues, with the top two seeds getting a bye into the semis.
Agree with UP2. ILH post season, 2 vs.3, winner play #1 for championship then winner goes to State finals. OIA should follow same format, champion goes to States. No extra fluff games. No extra OIA teams. #1 vs.#1.
Either OIA #1 vs ILH #1, or top 4 teams regardless of league go to the state tournament. If all top 4 teams are OIA teams ,then that’s what it is. Same if all 3 ILH teams are in the top 3, all 3 go. Should be top 4 teams in the state. So far this season it looks like the #5 team will get a berth.