unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
genks
Starter
Starter

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by genks »

Wow Kam getting after Gabriel

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

For all the “Gabriel is the best qb in the state” etc put some respect in Kamehameha’s name

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

If Mililani plays like they did tonight against us I doubt they’ll beat us. But Kamehameha surprised me. I thought they faced an impossible situation with that 20-pt deficit. If both of these teams give us opportunities with penalties, we’d better take advantage!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

genks wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:04 pm For all the “Gabriel is the best qb in the state” etc put some respect in Kamehameha’s name
I mean, he still looked the part. Kam rush seemed to get to him in the second half, but also a lot of completed passes ended up being cancelled cause of (WAY TOO MANY) penalties

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Neighbor wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:02 pm
genks wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:04 pm For all the “Gabriel is the best qb in the state” etc put some respect in Kamehameha’s name
I mean, he still looked the part. Kam rush seemed to get to him in the second half, but also a lot of completed passes ended up being cancelled cause of (WAY TOO MANY) penalties
Yeah not saying he looked bad or anything, Mililani got scary close to losing a game which I think they planned for him to play only 3 quarters. This Mil team returns most of its offense.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 pm If Mililani plays like they did tonight against us I doubt they’ll beat us. But Kamehameha surprised me. I thought they faced an impossible situation with that 20-pt deficit. If both of these teams give us opportunities with penalties, we’d better take advantage!
Agreed. Kam’s qb gave up so much just by refusing to get rid of the ball. That fumble recovery in the red zone that turned into 3rd and 30 or somethjng like that was soooooo bad. Kams defense played well but you 100% know at 2nd and 25 Gabriel’s going deep. Same with 3rd and long, Mililani doesn’t need a reason to go deep, much less 3rd and long.

All these mistakes and penalties could’ve been very costly against a strong offense.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Mililani and Kamehameha need to play at our House of Pain aND turf at Kahuku. Right, no real film on Kahuku. Whose qb? Where Kamuela Miller, when will the o line be set. No run or shoot? When?not showing cards. My take, coach carvalho needs to keep the boys grounded. He a little political correCT when addressing them.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:46 pm
Neighbor wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:02 pm
Yeah not saying he looked bad or anything, Mililani got scary close to losing a game which I think they planned for him to play only 3 quarters. This Mil team returns most of its offense.
I think Mililani underestimated KSK’s ability to come back and felt the way I felt when they took that 20-pt lead.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Three,

1.Kahuku 3-0
2.Mililani 3-0
3.Punahou 1-1
4.St.Louis 2-0 Crusaders smacked,I mean smacked Narbonne. Move up one spot.
5.Kamehameha 1-1 Warriors drop one spot. Tied up Trojans 24 all in 4Q before winning MiLilani TD.
6.Campbell 2-0 Beat Farrington.
7.Leilehua 2-1 Mules getting back into their passing groove again.
8.Iolani 3-0 Raiders move up two spots.
9.Farrington 1-2 Govs drop one spot Disappointing start to the season.They should be better than this.
10.Moanalua 2-0 First Appearance in the Top Ten this season.

Kapolei dropped out.

Kamehameha has made slow progress with it's offense.I expect that trend to continue.

Unofficial Open standings,

Kahuku 2-0
Mililani 2-0
St.Louis 1-0
Campbell 1-0
Punahou 1-1
Kamehameha 1-1
Farrington 0-2
Kapolei 0-2
Waianae 0-2

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:59 am Week Three,

1.Kahuku 3-0
2.Mililani 3-0
3.Punahou 1-1
5.Kamehameha 1-1 Warriors drop one spot. Tied up Trojans 24 all in 4Q before winning MiLilani TD.
9.Farrington 1-2 Govs drop one spot Disappointing start to the season.They should be better than this.

Kapolei dropped out.

Kamehameha has made slow progress with it's offense.I expect that trend to continue.

Kahuku 2-0
Mililani 2-0
St.Louis 1-0
Campbell 1-0
Punahou 1-1
Kamehameha 1-1
Farrington 0-2
Kapolei 0-2
Waianae 0-2
I don’t know if you went and watched the STL vs Narbonne game, but smacked is the correct term. The 1st team Crusader defense punished Narbonne, especially the qb. He got hit many many times.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

genks wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:18 am

1.Kahuku 3-0
2.Mililani 3-0
3.Punahou 1-1

Kapolei dropped out.

Kahuku 2-0
Mililani 2-0
St.Louis 1-0
Campbell 1-0
Punahou 1-1
Kamehameha 1-1
Farrington 0-2
Kapolei 0-2
Waianae 0-2
I don’t know if you went and watched the STL vs Narbonne game, but smacked is the correct term. The 1st team Crusader defense punished Narbonne, especially the qb. He got hit many many times.
St. Louis looked really good. Definitely living up to their rankings in USA Today and Maxpreps. Disappointed on how Narbonne was using as some of the players weren't eligible as an excuse but it is what is. The way it's shaping up the Kahuku vs. St. Louis game should be a classic.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

teamhawaii wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:48 pm
genks wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:18 am

1.Kahuku 3-0
2.Mililani 3-0
3.Punahou 1-1

Kapolei dropped out.

Kahuku 2-0
Mililani 2-0
St.Louis 1-0
Campbell 1-0
Punahou 1-1
Kamehameha 1-1
Farrington 0-2
Kapolei 0-2
Waianae 0-2
St. Louis looked really good. Definitely living up to their rankings in USA Today and Maxpreps. Disappointed on how Narbonne was using as some of the players weren't eligible as an excuse but it is what is. The way it's shaping up the Kahuku vs. St. Louis game should be a classic.
Yeah, I just read an article from California with the coach talking about how much 4 star talent he has in that team. He also says he thinks that qb that played could start anywhere.

But I was very excited how they looked in that game. Mililani will give them a good test as far as pass defense.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.2 Mililani and No.4 St.Louis,

There is no doubt that these two are going to score lots of points on one another. Crusaders have the definite edge on defense.I think the Crusaders stop more drives than the Trojans do. St.Louis for the win.

No.3 Punahou and No.9 Farrington,

Farrington's offense is in the doldrums.Punahou's offense is clicking by comparison and the Puns have the edge on defense.Punahou should win this one and Knock the Govs out of the Top Ten this week.

No.8 Iolani and No.10 Moanalua,

Iolani is already in mid- season form,make few mistakes,and beat opponents in the air and on the ground.
Moanalua is a team that is still inconsistent in it's performance on the field. I think Iolani takes the win.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Looks like Mililani gets bye because of Hurricane Lane. Big time to nurse the injuries instead of playing St.Louis. Hope them luck in Cal.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Markeke wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:00 pm Looks like Mililani gets bye because of Hurricane Lane. Big time to nurse the injuries instead of playing St.Louis. Hope them luck in Cal.
Yeah they needed a break to heal up. I’m pretty bummed because the Crusaders could’ve used the test especially the defense. Would’ve been good to get that type of work before playing Punahou.