OIA-ILH schedule

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: OIA-ILH schedule

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

As the topic of this thread is football, which school took the D2 JV title this past season? Mililani was the D1 champ; which school was the D2 champ? There was a D2 JV championship, right?

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:04 am@genks: That was the amazing thing. Some of the girls at our school had strong school spirit; at football games they would cheer along with the cheerleaders and boogie when the band played. They treated other students around them with friendly, spirited familiarity, even if you didn't know them, simply because we all went to the same school. The cheering section was right next to the band, so the overall atmosphere was contagious. Usually that one section that was the cheering section was kind of packed, so there were other students right next to you, and above and below you. That's why those girls were able to bump you with their butts when they boogeyed; they were right next to you. When the band played, we all stood up, because it would look kind of bad if you were sitting while everyone else around you was up and boogeying. As I mentioned earlier, I was an introvert, so I didn't boogie; I just stood. Looking back, I appreciate how those girls made you feel like you belonged, that somehow we were all one.
Your alma mater sounds amazing and you should be proud of it. What school did you go to again?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

bandits1 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 1:40 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:04 am@genks: That was the amazing thing. Some of the girls at our school had strong school spirit; at football games they would cheer along with the cheerleaders and boogie when the band played. They treated other students around them with friendly, spirited familiarity, even if you didn't know them, simply because we all went to the same school. The cheering section was right next to the band, so the overall atmosphere was contagious. Usually that one section that was the cheering section was kind of packed, so there were other students right next to you, and above and below you. That's why those girls were able to bump you with their butts when they boogeyed; they were right next to you. When the band played, we all stood up, because it would look kind of bad if you were sitting while everyone else around you was up and boogeying. As I mentioned earlier, I was an introvert, so I didn't boogie; I just stood. Looking back, I appreciate how those girls made you feel like you belonged, that somehow we were all one.
Your alma mater sounds amazing and you should be proud of it. What school did you go to again?
@bandits1: Nice try. Remember, I'm small and a hypocrite. As I posted some time ago, my alma mater sucks when it comes to sports in general. That's why I'm not willing to reveal them. In addition, once I reveal my alma mater, I can no longer be as objective as I'd like to be. Yes, I know you've revealed your alma mater, Pearl City. For that, you deserve credit. You are not small, and you are not a hypocrite. I'm both. Having said that, yeah: It was fun going to our school's football games back in the mid-'70s. But then again, I'd like to think every high school here had its share of girls with lots of school spirit back then. I would assume Pearl City did. But, having school spirit is one thing. Being good in sports is another.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:41 pm As the topic of this thread is football, which school took the D2 JV title this past season? Mililani was the D1 champ; which school was the D2 champ? There was a D2 JV championship, right?
Waipahu beat Pearl City. Just like the vars D2 championship

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Neighbor wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:38 am
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:41 pm As the topic of this thread is football, which school took the D2 JV title this past season? Mililani was the D1 champ; which school was the D2 champ? There was a D2 JV championship, right?
Waipahu beat Pearl City. Just like the vars D2 championship
@Neighbor: Oh, OK. And, Waipahu's vars moves up to D1 this coming season, right? No wonder some guys have them ranked.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Does anyone know if Mililani is playing St John Boscoe? I don't see the game listed for either team on Max Preps

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

rrforlifebaby wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:51 pm Does anyone know if Mililani is playing St John Boscoe? I don't see the game listed for either team on Max Preps
https://boscoathletics.org/main/teamsch ... Id/4294429
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!