2018 OIA Open Favorite. Let's get it Started.OFFENSE

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

2018 OIA Open Favorite. Let's get it Started.OFFENSE

Post by Markeke »

With SolJay leaving the Red Raiders and a new head coach, Kahuku will have to catch up quick. Yes they are talented, bUT Cavarlho going to put it together QUICK. Why do a solid team like Kahuku have drama, every year? Oh well. This is my early OIA open top picks.
#1....Mililani with Gabriel,Malepeai,Chang,Vegas,Zampaga,and others, this may be the per game yardage producer in the Open State. The defense needs help, but if you outscore your opponent,win.
#2 ...Kahuku. Solid defense,special teams,offensive players, but again QB questions and new head coach. I like to see some old RB elephant packages, but I believe they will maintain a similar game plan like last year with more running plays.
#3. Giving CAMPBELL and Darren Johnson a nod at 3.
#4 Kapolei. They also have a sleeper team with a good quarterback and recievers.
#5 Waianae.
#6 Farrington. New coach. We'll see.
Again the big question will be the schedule. If Mililani plays Kahuku early,nod Mililani. One good thing, 3 OIA in the State. Kapolei needs to get to the next notch. Feel free to add your 3 centz. At this point, Dillion Gabriel looks to be THE quarterback of the Year. One note because of the addition of 3 ILH teams, ALL the OIA will have to address complex pass coverages. Only can get better.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2018 OIA Open Favorite. Let's get it Started.OFFENSE

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Markeke wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:59 pm With SolJay leaving the Red Raiders and a new head coach, Kahuku will have to catch up quick. Yes they are talented, bUT Cavarlho going to put it together QUICK. Why do a solid team like Kahuku have drama, every year? Oh well. This is my early OIA open top picks.
#1....Mililani with Gabriel,Malepeai,Chang,Vegas,Zampaga,and others, this may be the per game yardage producer in the Open State. The defense needs help, but if you outscore your opponent,win.
#2 ...Kahuku. Solid defense,special teams,offensive players, but again QB questions and new head coach. I like to see some old RB elephant packages, but I believe they will maintain a similar game plan like last year with more running plays.
#3. Giving CAMPBELL and Darren Johnson a nod at 3.
#4 Kapolei. They also have a sleeper team with a good quarterback and recievers.
#5 Waianae.
#6 Farrington. New coach. We'll see.
Again the big question will be the schedule. If Mililani plays Kahuku early,nod Mililani. One good thing, 3 OIA in the State. Kapolei needs to get to the next notch. Feel free to add your 3 centz. At this point, Dillion Gabriel looks to be THE quarterback of the Year. One note because of the addition of 3 ILH teams, ALL the OIA will have to address complex pass coverages. Only can get better.
@Markeke: Where's St Louis' O? Weaker than Campbell's, Kapolei's, Waianae's, and Farrington's? (I don't care for St Louis School, so I'm not saying I don't want their O to be weaker than those four schools'. But, is it?)

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Sorry HS fanatic but this only a OIA open pre season rank. I think others have a better idea of the ILH side. What I do hope is the ILH/OIA season games are not blacked out because of Aloha Stadium/OC16 rules.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:35 am Sorry HS fanatic but this only a OIA open pre season rank. I think others have a better idea of the ILH side. What I do hope is the ILH/OIA season games are not blacked out because of Aloha Stadium/OC16 rules.
@Markeke: Oh, I see. Sorry. When I saw your post, I scrolled back up to your previous post, and saw, "OIA". Didn't notice 'til then.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Just speaking of Offense,

I agree, I would say Mililani has the best O in the OIA this upcoming year.

As for Big Red, I can honestly say that this years Offense will be just as good if not better Overall than last year; simply because of the maturity in talent across the board. Probably would've been MUCH MUCH better if Sol-Jay stayed home, but he's gone, so it is what it is.

RRFL!!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

rrforlifebaby wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:41 pm Just speaking of Offense,

As for Big Red, I can honestly say that this years Offense will be just as good if not better Overall than last year; simply because of the maturity in talent across the board. Probably would've been MUCH MUCH better if Sol-Jay stayed home, but he's gone, so it is what it is.

RRFL!!
@rrforlifebaby: Yeah, with Gabriel at QB, I guess we have to say that Mililani's O is probably the best in the OIA. But: Does Mililani have the receivers and the O-line to go with it? Does Mililani have good RBs? And, of course, we know that Mililani won the JV title. But, I prefer Kahuku High to Mililani High, so I'm hoping Kahuku's D can offset Mililani's O. I'm also encouraged to hear that Kahuku's O is no slouch, either. Go, Red Raiders!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:54 pm
rrforlifebaby wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:41 pm Just speaking of Offense,

RRFL!!
@rrforlifebaby: Yeah, with Gabriel at QB, I guess we have to say that Mililani's O is probably the best in the OIA. But: Does Mililani have the receivers and the O-line to go with it? Does Mililani have good RBs? And, of course, we know that Mililani won the JV title. But, I prefer Kahuku High to Mililani High, so I'm hoping Kahuku's D can offset Mililani's O. I'm also encouraged to hear that Kahuku's O is no slouch, either. Go, Red Raiders!
Yes, most of Mililani's offensive weapons return, or at least they were underclassmen last year. OL they lose a few key guys and on defense they lose a few big hitters. I think those OL losses are the biggest