Schedule after ILH-OIA merger?

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
genks
Starter
Starter

Schedule after ILH-OIA merger?

Post by genks »

What schedule would you like to see for your team?

I HOPE St Louis will make it to the state final, which means they probably play both Mililani and Kahuku in playoffs

So not counting Kahuku, Mililani, Kam and Punahou....

I would like to avoid Waianae because STL played them last how many years in non league or playoffs.

I’d like to see

Kapolei
Farrington
Campbell since people saying the will be good

I would like to see those the most I think. Not sure how many games STL, Kam and Pun will play against each other. Also looks like STL won’t have a mainland opponent this year.

Most interested in seeing Kapolei and Farrington

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Schedule after ILH-OIA merger?

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

genks wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:42 pm What schedule would you like to see for your team?

I HOPE St Louis will make it to the state final, which means they probably play both Mililani and Kahuku in playoffs

I would like to avoid Waianae because STL played them last how many years in non league or playoffs.

I’d like to see

Kapolei
Farrington

I would like to see those the most I think. Not sure how many games STL, Kam and Pun will play against each other. Also looks like STL won’t have a mainland opponent this year.

@genks: If I were a St Louis alumnus, I'd like to see St Louis play the weakest schools possible at every stage. That maximizes the chances of their making it to the state final. In the ILH, St Louis won't have to worry about Kamehameha; as usual, Kamehameha will probably be the weakest school in ILH D1. Punahou, however, is a school to be very worried about, based on their returnees. I certainly hope St Louis beats them, as I don't particularly care for them at all. In the OIA, I think St Louis will beat Farrington. Kapolei and Campbell are another story, especially Campbell, because of all their transfers. You seem to have forgotten about a very strong school: Mililani.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:13 pm
genks wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:42 pm What schedule would you like to see for your team?

I’d like to see

Kapolei
Farrington

@genks: If I were a St Louis alumnus, I'd like to see St Louis play the weakest schools possible at every stage. That maximizes the chances of their making it to the state final. In the ILH, St Louis won't have to worry about Kamehameha; as usual, Kamehameha will probably be the weakest school in ILH D1. Punahou, however, is a school to be very worried about, based on their returnees. I certainly hope St Louis beats them, as I don't particularly care for them at all. In the OIA, I think St Louis will beat Farrington. Kapolei and Campbell are another story, especially Campbell, because of all their transfers. You seem to have forgotten about a very strong school: Mililani.
Haven’t forgotten about Mililani, I had them in the playoffs. I have them and Kahuku both in the playoffs so I left them both out of the regular season. Trying to avoid playing a team twice.

I disagree with playing the weakest schools. They don’t get anything by steamrolling Moanalua or Radford, for example. I feel they benefit from playing very competitive games. That’s the only path to improvement. You really don’t want the only real competition you face, to be in the playoffs.

As a football fan I want to see the best teams play each other. I (biased opinion) think STL is the best so I would like to see them play the top schools in the state. Unfortunately it looks like STL won’t be playing a mainland team this year.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:13 pm

I’d like to see

Kapolei
Farrington

Haven’t forgotten about Mililani, I had them in the playoffs. I have them and Kahuku both in the playoffs so I left them both out of the regular season. Trying to avoid playing a team twice.

I disagree with playing the weakest schools. They don’t get anything by steamrolling Moanalua or Radford, for example. I feel they benefit from playing very competitive games. That’s the only path to improvement. You really don’t want the only real competition you face, to be in the playoffs.

As a football fan I want to see the best teams play each other. I (biased opinion) think STL is the best so I would like to see them play the top schools in the state. Unfortunately it looks like STL won’t be playing a mainland team this year.
@genks: The problem with playing strong schools is that there's always the chance of an upset. Now, I don't see St Louis being upset by Moanalua or Radford, but as you go up the ladder, you eventually reach a school than can upset St Louis. Yes, schools benefit from competitive games, but competitive games can result in your alma mater losing. Seeing as you're a St Louis alumnus, understandably you'd say they're the best. But, do you really think they're better than Kahuku?

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

I believe that the Open teams are Farrington,Kahuku,Mililani,Waianae,Kapolei and Campbell from the OIA. St.Louis,Punahou and Kamehameha from the ILH. So teams like St.Louis are not playing Radford or Moanalua. In a 9 team league, everyone plays 8 regular season games. The OIA can determine their State rep. with a 5 game win/lose factoring in only OIA opponents. This is not as simple for the ILH with only 3 teams. This is probably why ILH choose to use a Open league win/lost record counting ALL games. Some grumble but that makes sense. The ILH cannot afford to play extra games post season to determine ILH champ.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Markeke wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:30 pm I believe that the Open teams are Farrington,Kahuku,Mililani,Waianae,Kapolei and Campbell from the OIA. St.Louis,Punahou and Kamehameha from the ILH. So teams like St.Louis are not playing Radford or Moanalua. In a 9 team league, everyone plays 8 regular season games. The OIA can determine their State rep. with a 5 game win/lose factoring in only OIA opponents. This is not as simple for the ILH with only 3 teams. This is probably why ILH choose to use a Open league win/lost record counting ALL games. Some grumble but that makes sense. The ILH cannot afford to play extra games post season to determine ILH champ.
Aaahhh interesting so that’s how the ILH will determine a champ. No not noisy beating the other 2 ILH teams. Although if ILH teams trade wins/ losses then you may end up with a tie.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:30 pm
Markeke wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:30 pm I believe that the Open teams are Farrington,Kahuku,Mililani,Waianae,Kapolei and Campbell from the OIA. St.Louis,Punahou and Kamehameha from the ILH. So teams like St.Louis are not playing Radford or Moanalua. In a 9 team league, everyone plays 8 regular season games. The OIA can determine their State rep. with a 5 game win/lose factoring in only OIA opponents. This is not as simple for the ILH with only 3 teams. This is probably why ILH choose to use a Open league win/lost record counting ALL games. Some grumble but that makes sense. The ILH cannot afford to play extra games post season to determine ILH champ.
Aaahhh interesting so that’s how the ILH will determine a champ. No not noisy beating the other 2 ILH teams. Although if ILH teams trade wins/ losses then you may end up with a tie.
@genks: Well, unlike in the OIA D1, the ILH D1 is for all intents and purposes only a two-school race between St Louis and Punahou, regardless of how the champ is determined. I'm hoping it's St Louis. By comparison, in the OIA D1 it looks like three schools have a shot: Kahuku, Mililani, and Campbell. I'm hoping it's Kahuku. Unfortunately (to me), Punahou is hovering menacingly. I'm hoping it doesn't come down to Kahuku vs Punahou for the state Open title. I'd much rather see Kahuku vs St Louis, again.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Right genks, I see Kamehameha as #3 ,forever. But if they upset #1 or 2, then possible 3 way ILH tie at seasons end.
No one wants extra games before states. Again if any team goes undefeated, why even play State?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:04 am Right genks, I see Kamehameha as #3 ,forever. But if they upset #1 or 2, then possible 3 way ILH tie at seasons end.
No one wants extra games before states. Again if any team goes undefeated, why even play State?
@Markeke: I'd be surprised if Kamehameha beats St Louis or Punahou. They graduate their top QB, RB, and a few very good D-linemen. Kamehameha will probably be the punching bag of ILH D1.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

If it makes Kamehameha feel better, they haven’t stuggled as long as we did between 1997 and 2004. There were years when we finished below Iolani during that stretch.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 am If it makes Kamehameha feel better, they haven’t stuggled as long as we did between 1997 and 2004. There were years when we finished below Iolani during that stretch.
@gopunahou: Well, it's a new day. Looks like Kamehameha will be the school that for years will be the doormat / cellar-dweller of ILH D1.