Meet Sterling Carvalho--the new head coach of Kahuku Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
genks
Starter
Starter

Re: Meet Sterling Carvalho--the new head coach of Kahuku Football

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:53 am
genks wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:11 am
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:05 pm

@gopunahou: Personally, I think Cal was good enough a coach to coach college ball. I would have preferred that Cal had coached Kalani, his alma mater. Yes, he did coach them a few years, but he was only an assistant coach. I get it that Cal invested many years in St Louis School, so he probably developed a sense of closeness to that school. Not that it matters now, at his age, but I would just remind Cal that St Louis is not his alma mater. Once he retires from coaching St Louis, I would encourage Cal to reconnect with his alma mater, Kalani. THAT is the school that is due his attachment. Kahuku High has that well-known saying, "Red Raider for life." Kalani High can make a similar claim: "Falcon for life."
You should be able to relate to someone who doesn’t feel a Kahuku level of loyalty to their alma mater
@genks: You're right. As I've mentioned before on one thread or another on this message-board, I'm ashamed to reveal my alma mater because they really suck. Another reason I don't want to post-up is because if I did, I think that would sabotage how guys view my posts. I mean, I privately follow my alma mater in the papers and online, but I never go to their games. So, I have enough loyalty to follow them in the media and online, but not enough to go to their games or to reveal the school. In some ways, I personally think this is better because if I should ever post about that school on one of these threads, guys wouldn't think I'm biased towards them. Just the same, it is cowardly on my part. I've been called weak and a hypocrite, and I must confess that that's exactly what I am. While I'm on this topic, I'd like to praise the guys on this message-board who have had the guts and courage to reveal their alma mater. Regarding Cal, well, I don't know how he feels about Kalani, his alma mater. Of course, they're not that good in football, and haven't been for a long time. I think their last really good team was the '72 team, though they had a pretty good team once in the '90s, I believe. But, what I've said doesn't necessarily mean that Cal is ashamed of his alma mater; I really have no idea.
Eh, no need to use terms like coward, weak, etc it’s just a sports discussion.

Things happen in life, and not everyone has pride in their ala mater. Could be because of a dislike for the school experience, or maybe just didn’t really have that feeling in their school, plain and simple. You like Kahuku’s football team. Cool. You don’t like your ala mater’s team. Also cool.

For Coach Cal and Coach Ron, their work has been done at STL. All the years, effort, highs and lows that they experienced under that Crusader banner would build a sense of pride in anyone. I think he came back to STL in 2014? Since then, 3 trips to states, 2 of them resulted in Championships. That’s amazing.

Gobows66
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Gobows66 »

I heard about the transfers to DJ and the Sabers. Does anyone know who they were and from where? Though they all transferred to Kapolei!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Gobows66 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:32 pm I heard about the transfers to DJ and the Sabers. Does anyone know who they were and from where? Though they all transferred to Kapolei!
@Gobows66: Well, both Campbell and Kapolei will be tough; it wouldn't surprise me if BOTH schools are in the Top 5. But, I still think Kahuku will take it all.