REALLY KAHUKU???

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

REALLY KAHUKU???

Post by EITSwarrior »

http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... h-vacancy/

Yeah I know Freitas was only an “interim” head coach, but really? Guarantee if Kahuku won states, that interim tag would’ve been taken off. I know losing is tough, but again really? But maybe it’s just due diligence and it’s part of the hiring process. I dunno. I just know that a coaching carousel isn’t good for the kids.

Straightupkanakz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: REALLY KAHUKU???

Post by Straightupkanakz »

It's more like REALLY AD YAMAGATA!!!. She the reason why the coaches are coming and going. The community is behind freitas and also confused with YAMAGATA ways at kahuku

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I dunno, but it might have to do with State hiring policies with an open application process?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

I thought Freitas did a great job as HC. But I guess not good enough?? Crazy!! I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Naeole or Darren Johnson are next in line to be HC

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

There seems to be something suspicious about this. If it's "the law," then all the OIA schools are supposed to be "re-hiring" every year. Are all the OIA schools doing this? I doubt it. Kahuku alumni ought to get to the bottom of this.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Since 2011, the only time a Kahuku Coach has been allowed to coach the team again is if they won the State Title. Looks like that Kahuku Admin is spoiled by the support of that community.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

soleu wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:21 pm Since 2011, the only time a Kahuku Coach has been allowed to coach the team again is if they won the State Title. Looks like that Kahuku Admin is spoiled by the support of that community.
@soleu: That's bad. You hear so much these days about teens being spoiled. Do adults at a school want to be the same way? Not a very good example. Next year, Kahuku has a chance to get back at St Louis, if they meet again in States. I, for one, would like to see that happen. Hope Kahuku Admin doesn't screw it up. As they say: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Leave Freitas alone. He's not even a Kahuku alumnus, yet he's willing to serve that school by being its football HC. Just yesterday, I bumped into a friend whom I hadn't seen in over a month. He said he was mad that St Louis won, and like me, he's not a Kahuku alumnus. There seem to be a lot of guys who aren't even Kahuku alumni, who are willing to serve or root for that school.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

I don't get the whole interim thing to begin with. We're not talking about a midseason hire. How was that title not lifted by the time 2-a-days took place or even before then? Admin still has no room for error after that 2010 season but yet, there they are. I wonder if it has to do with the revenue that Kahuku generates from Kahuku.org when they win states. It might be a longshot but it'll be real shady if it was about a few extra thousand dollars.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

soleu wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:55 am I don't get the whole interim thing to begin with. We're not talking about a midseason hire. How was that title not lifted by the time 2-a-days took place or even before then? Admin still has no room for error after that 2010 season but yet, there they are. I wonder if it has to do with the revenue that Kahuku generates from Kahuku.org when they win states. It might be a longshot but it'll be real shady if it was about a few extra thousand dollars.
@soleu: I agree. I hope Kahuku High isn't treating their football team like some kind of cash cow. It's all supposed to be about the students and alumni. I hope the school isn't trying to commercialize the football team. It's bad enough that some college teams have become all of that; let's not have it filter-down to the high schools.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

How do we know it wasn't just Freitas who didn't want to return? Being a head coach is a huge time commitment. Plus it's at Kahuku and he does have a full time job.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Neighbor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:43 am How do we know it wasn't just Freitas who didn't want to return? Being a head coach is a huge time commitment. Plus it's at Kahuku and he does have a full time job.
@Neighbor: Good point. Can any one else weigh in? I thought he wanted to return.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:21 pm
Neighbor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:43 am How do we know it wasn't just Freitas who didn't want to return? Being a head coach is a huge time commitment. Plus it's at Kahuku and he does have a full time job.
@Neighbor: Good point. Can any one else weigh in? I thought he wanted to return.
Freitas is one of the applicants. Looks like he did want to return.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

soleu wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:22 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:21 pm
Freitas is one of the applicants. Looks like he did want to return.
@soleu: Isn't Kahuku High making Freitas jump through hoops? Had he signed some kind of year-to-year contract? Why can't the understanding be: You're the coach until we release you.

tinkersocial
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by tinkersocial »

They should be all in with DJ...