Dear Kahuku Fans

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Dear Kahuku Fans

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:01 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:46 pm I said this before, and I’ll say it again:
The last thing this board needs is people blaming other people, school(s), or leagues for everything that's kaka in their lives.
@gopunahou: Well, it might not be that anywaaays is blaming St Louis School for the crap in his life. It seems that he's simply a Kahuku alumnus who's mad at St Louis for beating his alma mater for the state Open football title. I was mad at St Louis too, and I'm not even a Kahuku alumnus. I guess what added to the frustration that he and I felt is that St Louis took the winning lead with just 37 seconds left in the game. That was really hard to take. It felt like Kahuku had been robbed at the last minute (or, even less than the last minute). It didn't sit well with me at all, let me tell you. There was something extremely excruciating about it. I felt numb for hours after the game.
I, along with Genks, have seen him spew anti-ILH rhetoric even before this loss. And IIRC, he also said a lot of things that disparaged the possibility of a merger between the OIA and ILH, all because he was playing the victim.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:58 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:01 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:46 pm I said this before, and I’ll say it again:
The last thing this board needs is people blaming other people, school(s), or leagues for everything that's kaka in their lives.
@gopunahou: Well, it might not be that anywaaays is blaming St Louis School for the crap in his life. It seems that he's simply a Kahuku alumnus who's mad at St Louis for beating his alma mater for the state Open football title. I was mad at St Louis too, and I'm not even a Kahuku alumnus. I guess what added to the frustration that he and I felt is that St Louis took the winning lead with just 37 seconds left in the gahttp://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/posting.php?mod ... =586301#me. That was really hard to take. It felt like Kahuku had been robbed at the last minute (or, even less than the last minute). It didn't sit well with me at all, let me tell you. There was something extremely excruciating about it. I felt numb for hours after the game.
I, along with Genks, have seen him spew anti-ILH rhetoric even before this loss. And IIRC, he also said a lot of things that disparaged the possibility of a merger between the OIA and ILH, all because he was playing the victim.
@gopunahou: Oh, OK. I don't know much about him. As for myself, I'm neutral about league. I go by the school, not the league. Sometimes I'll root for an ILH school, sometimes an OIA school. All depends on which two schools are playing each other. Whichever school I like more, I'll root for. It's kind of like that. It seems absurd to me to root for a school just because it belongs to a certain league. I mean, what if I don't like that school? I refuse to force myself to suppress my feelings about a school, just because it happens to belong to this league or that. I wish to like or dislike a school, unfettered. I would personally recommend such a policy. It provides freedom to feel as you wish. It allows you to let it all hang-out in regard to whichever school, league be damned. Don't tie your own hands, so to speak.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:37 pm
Ok this guy made his way here from Hawaii Prep. I guess it was a matter of time. He’s the one on Hawaii Prep giving Kahuku fans a bad rap with his craziness and disrespectful comments. I take nothing serious that comes from this guy.

ST Louis does not have a district. So if they do recruit, it would make sense. Kahuku doesn’t have to recruit as they have a district. A district that is predominantly Polynesian and very avid football fans. Imagine if Kahuku was Japanese central, They would look like Iolanis team.

No one “raids” or “robs” other schools. They have parents that work very hard to pay tuition and people that say otherwise are very disrespectful. If 1 parent wants to drive out of the neighborhood and pay $$ for their kid to get a college prep education and play for a successful football team, that’s hardly being “raided” no one is putting a gun to their heads. As someone who attended private school and pays for a child in a private school, I cannot stand how people are so quick to dismiss what sacrifices are made, by being called “recruited” and/or “privileged”. I guarantee I make less than many parents of public school students, but I make the sacrifice because I believe this is what’s best for MY (not all) child.

Kahuku always has the benefit of transfers also. They had some important players from Utah I believe, and not to mention Nawahine who was being coached at...... a private school. Other OIA schools get transfers also. Some very important Crusaders, who are still missed, have gone on to OIA schools.

But anytime an ILH school has success then it’s recruiting, dirty refs, whatever else. But if STL lost then they were overrated and not as good as people thought.
If you've been on Hawaii Prep, you must likely have had the displeasure of encountering Pink Sushi/Mahatma Gandhi, also. That guy is an IDIOT that thinks his opinions are the ones that matter. God help us if he makes his way here!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

anywaaaays!! wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:05 pm You guys can hate all you want, and I'm especially not surprised that the people who are trashing the Kahuku community goes by the names of GoPunahou. We were born hated in La'ie and we will die hated as enemies of the state, but at least we will always be with community and family. ROOTED NOT RECRUITED. The ILH is a mercenary league.

I posted this in HPW, but for next season, it's relevant: The central question that refuses to be answered is what is the extent of recruiting in the ILH, especially Saint Lulu, and how does that destroy the competitive balance of the OIA? The games were close in the state tournament against Kahuku because it was clear the refs were at the very least, BLATANTLY biased against Kahuku, and most likely, paid off by Saint Lulu and the ILH Agenda. It got so bad that it even got Coach Freitas fired.

Something needs to be done about this. I agree that the OIA should move to three tiers, but not because it allows a more “seamless integration” with a bogus HHSAA tournament that is structured to make the OIA fail, but because it’s better for the kids.

I’ve said this before last year and i
ll say this again: What we need is the following: Disband the ILH and have the big ILH powers (saint lulu, punahou, and kamehameha) join their teams and recruiting together to form an all-star nationally ranked travel team, like IMG academy. Football is the priority, and so they create a super team, coached by Cal Lee, taking the cream of the crop, and then play a mainland travel schedule.

Meanwhile, the OIA remains intact and recruiting and destruction of communities is mitigated because since there’s only a single national travel team, more kids stay home with their communities, and the OIA becomes top to bottom stronger.

Let the mercenaries who don’t care about their communities and family do what they do best: play on a glorified all-star team, and let the rest play football. Disband the ILH and vote out the ILH Agenda.

Other suggestions for next season: we need an independent committee that properly vets and selects referees. This committee needs to be neutral third party and be made up from members of hawaii’s judiciary, preferably state supreme court. The legislature cannot be trusted or HHSAA because they are all in service to the ILH Agenda. The referees need to be selected for bias and ensure the integrity of the system by investigating corruption, in this case, saint Lulu paying off refs in the state tournament.

referees for the state tournament must be from the MAINLAND. Preferably big 10 or SEC referees with instant replay calls being made from an independent committee of referees on the mainland.

It’s one thing to recruit players and break up communities. That’s been the ILH Agenda’s M.O. from the start and people think this is normal and okay. So be it. But the line needs to be drawn somewhere, and this year showed the remarkable corruption of prep football when the referees were blatantly BLATANTLY biased against Kahuku for the entire post season and paid off by Saint Lulu with funds funneled in and laundered by the HHSAA.

There needs to be an investigation because there is NO WAY that my relatives and my own blood should be robbed of their birthrights in order to appease the ILH agenda.

RRFL!
@anywaaaays!!: First of all, while I'm not a Kahuku alumnus, I DID root for Kahuku against St Louis, and was VERY frustrated and upset when St Louis "stole" the game with 37 seconds left. I also have a friend whom, while also not a Kahuku alumnus, was ANGRY that St Louis won. I say him just yesterday, and he was STILL angry. I had bumped into him about a week-and-a-half ago, and he was angry then, too.
However, one thing I can't support personally is the ILH being broken-up. If the ILH is broken-up, there would be an implicit concession that the OIA can't compete. I disagree. As long as Kahuku is in the OIA, the OIA can compete with the ILH in football. I think Kahuku High should stand firm, proud, and unbowed, and continue taking-on ILH schools like St Louis and Punahou head-on. When it comes to football, St Louis and Punahou have nothing on Kahuku. What I would also suggest is that we de-emphasize community, and emphasize school and alumni. I say that because there are likely St Louis alumni and Punahou alumni living in Kahuku town. I believe that any high-school--public or private--should focus on its students and alumni, not so much the geographic community in which that school is located. The reason being that a person living in the geographic community in which a school is located, will not necessarily feel allegiance to that school. Take, for example, a St Louis alumnus or Punahou alumnus who just happens to live in Kahuku town. If you ask me, it's which school you graduated from, not where you live. After all, a St Louis alumnus will be a Crusader for life, while a Punahou alumnus will be a Pun for life.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

@anywaaaays!, so anyone that disagrees with you is a Kahuku hater? You are really proving my point that you blame the ILH for everything that’s kaka in your life and play the victim!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

I think anywaaaay is actually exaggerating his points on anything Kahuku as to sway readers to hate on Kahuku. Nice try EF.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:03 pm I think anywaaaay is actually exaggerating his points on anything Kahuku as to sway readers to hate on Kahuku. Nice try EF.
@Markeke: Well, I suspect that anywaaaays!! is a Kahuku alumnus because: 1.) He backs Kahuku passionately. 2.) He ends his posts with, "RRFL." That, of course, is, "Red Raider For Life." So, I doubt that he would want readers to hate on his alma mater.
Finally, what's "EF"?

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

For the record, I am a STL fan and I have huge respect do Kahuku. Since 2015 I’ve walked into Aloha Stadium for the state finals thinking we are definetly the underdogs.

They run through most of not all schools in the state in lots of sports. Every year they have big, strong, fast, talented athletes that show up to compete.

BTW did you guys see that pick 6 by Kekaula Kaniho against Oregon? Awesome!!

My dislike for people like anywaaaays has NOTHING to do with how I feel about Kahuku. I don’t even believe he’s from there. I’ve fed the troll once already and that will be the last time I address anything he has to say. If people ignore him long enough I’m sure his/her other troll accounts will pop up starving for attention.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:06 pm For the record, I am a STL fan and I have huge respect do Kahuku. Since 2015 I’ve walked into Aloha Stadium for the state finals thinking we are definetly the underdogs.

They run through most of not all schools in the state in lots of sports. Every year they have big, strong, fast, talented athletes that show up to compete.

My dislike for people like anywaaaays has NOTHING to do with how I feel about Kahuku. I don’t even believe he’s from there. I’ve fed the troll once already and that will be the last time I address anything he has to say. If people ignore him long enough I’m sure his/her other troll accounts will pop up starving for attention.
All I know is that he’s either an OIA homer, ILH hater, or both.

I mean, does he hate the ILH because a St. Louis graduate stole his girlfriend? Or because a Punahou chick rejected him? Or because Iolani didn’t accept him? Or because a Kamehameha graduate didn’t hire him for a job?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:06 pm For the record, I am a STL fan and I have huge respect do Kahuku. Since 2015 I’ve walked into Aloha Stadium for the state finals thinking we are definetly the underdogs.

@genks: Actually, Kahuku isn't good in "lots" of sports. For the most part, that school is good only in football and basketball. Every so often, they're good in boys' soccer and girls' volleyball.

Also, I suspect that anywaaaays!! is a Kahuku alumnus, because he ends his posts with, "RRFL" (Red Raiders For Life).

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:19 pm

All I know is that he’s either an OIA homer, ILH hater, or both.

I mean, does he hate the ILH because a St. Louis graduate stole his girlfriend? Or because a Punahou chick rejected him? Or because Iolani didn’t accept him? Or because a Kamehameha graduate didn’t hire him for a job?
@gopunahou: I doubt that he would have a grudge against an ILH school just because one student or graduate of that school crossed him. I get the impression that he's fiercely loyal to Kahuku High, and "defends their house" by attacking the rival Oahu league--the ILH--and its member schools. Apparently, he's pissed at Punahou and St Louis in particular, for stealing football players from Kahuku. It's harder for Kamehameha to steal Kahuku players because they have to have Hawaiian blood, whereas Punahou and St Louis can steal anyone they want.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Found this: https://scoringlive.com/story.php?storyid=15899

The way Kahuku is treating their coaches is bush league. The uncertainty ain't helping the kids.

Straightupkanakz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Straightupkanakz »

gopunahou wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:03 am Found this: https://scoringlive.com/story.php?storyid=15899

The way Kahuku is treating their coaches is bush league. The uncertainty ain't helping the kids.
[/q

@gopunahou it's the athletic director that is doing this. She's the reason why we lost Reggie and Tata. Btw The community is all for coach Makoa.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:03 am Found this: https://scoringlive.com/story.php?storyid=15899

@gopunahou: I think Kahuku alumni should ask the Kahuku principal to make some changes. I'm not talking about getting anyone fired; I'm saying that the Principal should make changes to policies at the Kahuku Athletic Dept. The way things are going there now, it's not only bad for the kids; it's discouraging for the alumni.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:20 pm

@gopunahou: I think Kahuku alumni should ask the Kahuku principal to make some changes. I'm not talking about getting anyone fired; I'm saying that the Principal should make changes to policies at the Kahuku Athletic Dept. The way things are going there now, it's not only bad for the kids; it's discouraging for the alumni.
Kahuku insiders are saying the principal is at fault and want her to go!