Dear Kahuku Fans

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Re: Dear Kahuku Fans

Post by teamhawaii »

Instant classic. Great Game by St. Louis! Congrats on the State Championship!

With that being said, Can't wait to see Kahuku next year! Most Kahuku alumni know the situation the Makoa Freitas is in. This substitute teacher role, but I hope he get's hired permanently along with his staff. If anything these boys needs some coaching stability. Man Offense should be fun to watch Sol Jay and seeing Toalei Lefau & Wes Alo-Maiava. Vimahi should anchor the O-Line and with the WR is coming back (Alapa, Mataira, Heffernan)

The D-Line is my only question of concern but pretty sure Sola will move guys where they need to be, but LB should be good (Miki Ah You, Aaron Fonoimoana) and Defensive Secondary should be fine (Kaniho, Aveau, Fonoimoana)

They should be fun to watch, also heard some boys from Utah and Arizona might come back but that's all speculation.

As long as Cal Lee is at St. Louis they will always contend. A lot of boys coming back and after hearing JV and Intermediate took the championship they should be fine and should compete again for another state championship.

Mililani should contend too, with Gabriel. I think they're also young all across the board (offense & defense). Definitely, we'll be able to compete in the playoffs.

My other 2 teams is Punahou & Campbell to contend next year.

Hope all the boys have a healthy and productive off season (combines, camps, 7v7 tournaments). Also, I can't wait to hear any Out of State Games next year. Hawaii boys definitely showed up beating some mainland teams (Clayton Valley, Serra, Narbonne)

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Markeke wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:38 pm I think when the dust settles, Freitas will still be there. Everybody can Monday quarterback, but folks, that was the best balance Hawaii championship I have ever seen! Those kids played near perfection well discipline football. Clock management? No Felipe, those boys go for first down yardage. Except for that pick6, Sol Jay played his best game of his career. If someone said he would have more td tosses then Cordeiro, people would say huh? Or the difference in total offensive yardage would be a mere 3 yards. That was a damn great game. Period.
@Markeke: I'm with you 100%. Whoever Kahuku's OC is--is Freitas doubling as OC?--he showed St Louis that Kahuku can (oh, so nearly) beat them at their own game. I was with Kahuku from the start, and I was very apprehensive about St Louis' pass game. Well, as you said, Kahuku QB Maiava had more TD passes than Cordeiro. Like, who woulda thunk it? I'll tell you what: I think St Louis was lucky to win that game. Somehow, I feel that Kahuku was ripped-off. I feel that the football gods were unfair to Kahuku. Kahuku had St Louis crapping in their pants, no doubt. All I can tell the underclassmen on Kahuku's team is: Remember this game, and how it made you feel afterwards. If there's an opportunity to get St Louis again next year, MAKE IT COUNT. Like Jack told Rose in the movie, "Titanic": "Make it count." I feel Kahuku has a score to settle with St Louis. I'm still down about the loss, and I'm not even a Kahuku alumnus.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:33 pm Instant classic. Great Game by St. Louis! Congrats on the State Championship!

With that being said, Can't wait to see Kahuku next year! Most Kahuku alumni know the situation the Makoa Freitas is in. This substitute teacher role, but I hope he get's hired permanently along with his staff. If anything these boys needs some coaching stability. Man Offense should be fun to watch Sol Jay and seeing Toalei Lefau & Wes Alo-Maiava. Vimahi should anchor the O-Line and with the WR is coming back (Alapa, Mataira, Heffernan)

The D-Line is my only question of concern but pretty sure Sola will move guys where they need to be, but LB should be good (Miki Ah You, Aaron Fonoimoana) and Defensive Secondary should be fine (Kaniho, Aveau, Fonoimoana)

They should be fun to watch, also heard some boys from Utah and Arizona might come back but that's all speculation.

As long as Cal Lee is at St. Louis they will always contend. A lot of boys coming back and after hearing JV and Intermediate took the championship they should be fine and should compete again for another state championship.

Mililani should contend too, with Gabriel. I think they're also young all across the board (offense & defense). Definitely, we'll be able to compete in the playoffs.

Hope all the boys have a healthy and productive off season (combines, camps, 7v7 tournaments). Also, I can't wait to hear any Out of State Games next year. Hawaii boys definitely showed up beating some mainland teams (Clayton Valley, Serra, Narbonne)
@teamhawaii: "Mililani should contend too... Definitely, we'll be able to compete..." Are you a Mililani alumnus, if I may ask? If you are, welcome. We'll then have on this message-board alumni of the three best football schools (at least for this year): St Louis, Kahuku, and Mililani.

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:05 pm
teamhawaii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:33 pm Instant classic. Great Game by St. Louis! Congrats on the State Championship!

@teamhawaii: "Mililani should contend too... Definitely, we'll be able to compete..." Are you a Mililani alumnus, if I may ask? If you are, welcome. We'll then have on this message-board alumni of the three best football schools (at least for this year): St Louis, Kahuku, and Mililani.
I just seen that, my bad. I meant "will" instead of "we'll". haha No I'm not. Unfortunately my school (Kamehameha) hasn't made the state playoffs since 2009

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:52 pm

I just seen that, my bad. I meant "will" instead of "we'll". haha No I'm not. Unfortunately my school (Kamehameha) hasn't made the state playoffs since 2009
@teamhawaii: Oh, OK. Well, I guess I should apologize for bad-mouthing your alma mater in football. I kind of have a soft spot for Kamehameha, so I get really frustrated with them when they screw-up or suck, so I guess it just spills-out on this message-board.

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:54 pm
teamhawaii wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:52 pm

@teamhawaii: Oh, OK. Well, I guess I should apologize for bad-mouthing your alma mater in football. I kind of have a soft spot for Kamehameha, so I get really frustrated with them when they screw-up or suck, so I guess it just spills-out on this message-board.
No worries, it's all good. No offense taken. I actually really enjoy this forum in terms HS Hawaii Football negative or positive. I feel like everyone is respectful and educated when they make comments in regards to high schools. But Class of '19 looks really talented, can't wait to see everyone next year!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

So true teamhawaii. This forum respect's everyone's opinions. Like we all can agree to disagree. Big thing about the championship game was the mutual respect St.Louis and Kahuku had. Yeah they were big plays with players getting jumpy and excited after big hits and big plays, but also helping each other up, taps on the helmet, and hand slaps. And of course post game shake and congratulations. Whether St.Louis,Kahuku,Mililani, Punahou excels one day to the top of the nation, it will be because of fierce competition between each other.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I know the way those Kahuku players feel, having experienced this myself with my team (2005). This season was an accomplishment for them regardless of what happened Sunday morning.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

anywaaaays!! wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:25 am You people have no idea how us Kahuku fans feel to have the championship stolen from us by paid off refs. We already know that Saint Lulu builds their team entirely by raiding our kids from our backyards and recruiting so much that it destroys the competitive balance of football, but to have the refs in on it this year as well was unbelievable.

That's okay, though. That's how Saint Lulu and the ILH Agenda wants to play it, then we'll just overcome. We'll be back next year. Rooted not recruited! RRFL!
@anywaaaays!!: Interesting. I didn't know the refs were in on it. Perhaps they're St Louis alumni? Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, I'm not a Kahuku alumnus, but I was pulling heavily for Kahuku. I was down for several weeks, but I think I'm OK now. I guess the passage of time has helped me get over the loss. What also helps is that St Louis' basketball team lost a few games.
Regarding recruiting: I thought it was Punahou that was raiding Kahuku? My understanding is that St Louis has been raiding McKinley for something like 30 years. Another guy on this thread thinks Kahuku would beat St Louis next year, so that's something for Kahuku fans to take solace from. Finally, if St Louis needs to recruit in order to be competitive, it speaks volumes that Kahuku is competitive without recruiting. Look at the state-title game: St Louis beat Kahuku by only 3, and they weren't able to take that lead until the last 37 seconds of the game. So, Kahuku can tell St Louis: "We don't have to rob other schools to win a title."

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:29 pm
anywaaaays!! wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:25 am You people have no idea how us Kahuku fans feel to have the championship stolen from us by paid off refs. We already know that Saint Lulu builds their team entirely by raiding our kids from our backyards and recruiting so much that it destroys the competitive balance of football, but to have the refs in on it this year as well was unbelievable.

That's okay, though. That's how Saint Lulu and the ILH Agenda wants to play it, then we'll just overcome. We'll be back next year. Rooted not recruited! RRFL!
@anywaaaays!!: Interesting. I didn't know the refs were in on it. Perhaps they're St Louis alumni? Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, I'm not a Kahuku alumnus, but I was pulling heavily for Kahuku. I was down for several weeks, but I think I'm OK now. I guess the passage of time has helped me get over the loss. What also helps is that St Louis' basketball team lost a few games.
Regarding recruiting: I thought it was Punahou that was raiding Kahuku? My understanding is that St Louis has been raiding McKinley for something like 30 years. Another guy on this thread thinks Kahuku would beat St Louis next year, so that's something for Kahuku fans to take solace from. Finally, if St Louis needs to recruit in order to be competitive, it speaks volumes that Kahuku is competitive without recruiting. Look at the state-title game: St Louis beat Kahuku by only 3, and they weren't able to take that lead until the last 37 seconds of the game. So, Kahuku can tell St Louis: "We don't have to rob other schools to win a title."
Ok this guy made his way here from Hawaii Prep. I guess it was a matter of time. He’s the one on Hawaii Prep giving Kahuku fans a bad rap with his craziness and disrespectful comments. I take nothing serious that comes from this guy.

ST Louis does not have a district. So if they do recruit, it would make sense. Kahuku doesn’t have to recruit as they have a district. A district that is predominantly Polynesian and very avid football fans. Imagine if Kahuku was Japanese central, They would look like Iolanis team.

No one “raids” or “robs” other schools. They have parents that work very hard to pay tuition and people that say otherwise are very disrespectful. If 1 parent wants to drive out of the neighborhood and pay $$ for their kid to get a college prep education and play for a successful football team, that’s hardly being “raided” no one is putting a gun to their heads. As someone who attended private school and pays for a child in a private school, I cannot stand how people are so quick to dismiss what sacrifices are made, by being called “recruited” and/or “privileged”. I guarantee I make less than many parents of public school students, but I make the sacrifice because I believe this is what’s best for MY (not all) child.

Kahuku always has the benefit of transfers also. They had some important players from Utah I believe, and not to mention Nawahine who was being coached at...... a private school. Other OIA schools get transfers also. Some very important Crusaders, who are still missed, have gone on to OIA schools.

But anytime an ILH school has success then it’s recruiting, dirty refs, whatever else. But if STL lost then they were overrated and not as good as people thought.

Straightupkanakz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Straightupkanakz »

@genks im sorry you have to see this just don't listen or read what anywaaays put on. @anywaaays c'mon bro we lost and leave alone already. St.louis is the champs so let it be. We have a solid team next year so just wait and be happy.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Recruiting in high school football is not a new thing. All TOP programs in the U.S. do it. Kids go to those programs because they want to excel in football. Kahuku,St.Louis,Mililani have the best teams now. Kids wanna go there. It's all good.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Straightupkanakz wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am @genks im sorry you have to see this just don't listen or read what anywaaays put on. @anywaaays c'mon bro we lost and leave alone already. St.louis is the champs so let it be. We have a solid team next year so just wait and be happy.
@anywaaays: (Straightupkanakz: I know this was your post, but I'm addressing this comment to anywaaays because I want to try to build on what you said about "leaving alone.") As you may have seen in one of my earlier posts, I too was devastated when St Louis won the state Open title game with just 37 seconds left, and I'm not even a Kahuku alumnus. I wanted Kahuku to win in the worst way. I was down all the way until about a week ago or so, when St Louis' basketball team started losing a game or two. That made me feel better. Also, the passage of time has kind of enabled me to put the state Open football title loss behind me. Perhaps you'd like to get behind Kahuku's basketball team. They have Tolu Smith, a player whom another guy on this thread says is the only D1-college player in the state. I don't know if Kahuku can beat St Louis in basketball, because Kahuku lost all the starters from last year's team to graduation/transfers. But, at least they don't suck.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I said this before, and I’ll say it again:
The last thing this board needs is people blaming other people, school(s), or leagues for everything that's kaka in their lives.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:46 pm I said this before, and I’ll say it again:
The last thing this board needs is people blaming other people, school(s), or leagues for everything that's kaka in their lives.
@gopunahou: Well, it might not be that anywaaays is blaming St Louis School for the crap in his life. It seems that he's simply a Kahuku alumnus who's mad at St Louis for beating his alma mater for the state Open football title. I was mad at St Louis too, and I'm not even a Kahuku alumnus. I guess what added to the frustration that he and I felt is that St Louis took the winning lead with just 37 seconds left in the game. That was really hard to take. It felt like Kahuku had been robbed at the last minute (or, even less than the last minute). It didn't sit well with me at all, let me tell you. There was something extremely excruciating about it. I felt numb for hours after the game.