Sophomores This Year For Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Ryan Chang
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Sophomores This Year For Football

Post by Ryan Chang »

This year the Sophomores are making a big impact this year, and there program. This might be the Best Class of 2020 in Hawaii. They have lots of Running Back, and Linebackers, that change everything. Here are some good players that is in Class of 2020!

Cheyden Costa K, Castle
Bobby Alualu-Alo RB/WR, Farrington
Samson Rasay RB, Kailua
Lonenoa Faoa QB, Kapolei
Tamatoa Mokiao-Atimalala WR, Kapolei
Matt Gututala DB, Kapolei
Bam Amina LB, Kapolei
Shane Kady LB, Mililani
Nahum Kipi QB, Nanakuli
Pokii Adkins-Kupukaa WR/DB, Campbell
Tyrese Tafai LB, Campbell
Jeremiah Tauai S, Campbell
Sol-Jay Maiava QB, Kahuku
Duke Heffernan DB, Kahuku
Micah Kim LB, Moanalua
Kaai Tambaoan-Kaeo RB, Waianae
Alexandria Buchanan QB (Girl), McKinley
Kody Kikuyama LB, Pearl City
Mitchell Camacho RB, Roosevelt
Alfred Failauga RB, Waipahu
Fiva Tulafale LB, Waipahu
Kealii Barrett DL, Waipahu
Manuele Pulusila, Waipahu
Skyler Ramos WR, Kamehameha
Ezra Evaimalo DL, Kamehameha
Hugh Brady QB, Punahou
Alakai Gilman DB, Punahou
Vincent Terrell RB, Punahou
Koa Eldredge Punahou
Roman Wilson WR, St. Louis
(Half of St. Louis sorry there so many players that represent Sophomores that are very good)
Logan Lauti WR, Damien
Jonah Chong QB, (Future QB), IolanI
Carter Kamana WR, Iolani
Jonah Aina-Chaves RB, St. Franics
Shepherd Kekahuna WR, St. Franics

What your thoughts on this?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Sophomores This Year For Football

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Ryan Chang wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:29 pm This year the Sophomores are making a big impact this year, and there program. This might be the Best Class of 2020 in Hawaii. They have lots of Running Back, and Linebackers, that change everything. Here are some good players that is in Class of 2020!

Cheyden Costa K, Castle
Bobby Alualu-Alo RB/WR, Farrington
Samson Rasay RB, Kailua
Lonenoa Faoa QB, Kapolei
Tamatoa Mokiao-Atimalala WR, Kapolei
Matt Gututala DB, Kapolei
Bam Amina LB, Kapolei
Shane Kady LB, Mililani
Nahum Kipi QB, Nanakuli
Pokii Adkins-Kupukaa WR/DB, Campbell
Tyrese Tafai LB, Campbell
Jeremiah Tauai S, Campbell
Sol-Jay Maiava QB, Kahuku
Duke Heffernan DB, Kahuku
Micah Kim LB, Moanalua
Kaai Tambaoan-Kaeo RB, Waianae
Alexandria Buchanan QB (Girl), McKinley
Kody Kikuyama LB, Pearl City
Mitchell Camacho RB, Roosevelt
Alfred Failauga RB, Waipahu
Fiva Tulafale LB, Waipahu
Kealii Barrett DL, Waipahu
Manuele Pulusila, Waipahu
Skyler Ramos WR, Kamehameha
Ezra Evaimalo DL, Kamehameha
Hugh Brady QB, Punahou
Alakai Gilman DB, Punahou
Vincent Terrell RB, Punahou
Koa Eldredge Punahou
Roman Wilson WR, St. Louis
(Half of St. Louis sorry there so many players that represent Sophomores that are very good)
Logan Lauti WR, Damien
Jonah Chong QB, (Future QB), IolanI
Carter Kamana WR, Iolani
Jonah Aina-Chaves RB, St. Franics
Shepherd Kekahuna WR, St. Franics

What your thoughts on this?
@Ryan Chang: I think it's absolutely amazing. Regarding St Louis: Are you sure that half the team are sophs? I would think that most of them would be juniors and seniors. I mean, St Louis is good every year; they don't have to worry about grooming sophs. Ever since the late-1980s, there's been an understanding: St Louis doesn't rebuild; they simply reload. If there are that many sophs on the team, Punahou might have to be bridesmaid again next year.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I’m hoping we can win at least one title with our current sophomores. Don’t forget Solatoa Moeai, a defensive lineman for us.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Other kahuku starting sophomores DBs kaniho,avea, and alex fonoimoana. Also tuisuvura rotating with avea. Aaron fonoimoana is a starting LB but got hurt couple weeks ago

ka'ahupahau706
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

gopunahou wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:11 pm I’m hoping we can win at least one title with our current sophomores. Don’t forget Solatoa Moeai, a defensive lineman for us.
He's actually an O-Lineman. But other sophomores for your team is Legend Matautia OLB and Hiram Defreis DL

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

STL LB Jordan Botelho. Made an immediate impact coming up to Varsity this year. I think he will be the next Isaac Slade Matautia, LB that can cover well, tough against the run and great pass rusher

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:42 am STL LB Jordan Botelho. Made an immediate impact coming up to Varsity this year. I think he will be the next Isaac Slade Matautia, LB that can cover well, tough against the run and great pass rusher
@genks: Sheez. For a long time, St Louis was known for its quarterbacks. Now it looks like they'll be known for their linebackers, too. St Louis and Kahuku are two schools that seem to overflow with football talent every year. Little wonder that they win their respective league titles so often.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:55 am
genks wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:42 am STL LB Jordan Botelho. Made an immediate impact coming up to Varsity this year. I think he will be the next Isaac Slade Matautia, LB that can cover well, tough against the run and great pass rusher
@genks: Sheez. For a long time, St Louis was known for its quarterbacks. Now it looks like they'll be known for their linebackers, too. St Louis and Kahuku are two schools that seem to overflow with football talent every year. Little wonder that they win their respective league titles so often.
I do know Coach Vinny Passas is a proven producer of great quarterbacks. The scrambling QB is sort of a signature. I can completely see why the parents of a young promising QB would bring their son to STL. He will throw a ton, great coaching, and usually talented receivers.

Not sure if the success at LB is due to talented kids being attracted by Coach Cal’s defense, or position coaches producing great LBs. Probably both.

I was really looking forward to watching the STL defense this year. So many of the strong players returned as seniors this year, plus another year of experience for Tuitele, Kamakawiwoole, and others. They haven’t disappointed. Just missing Toilolo

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:52 pm
I do know Coach Vinny Passas is a proven producer of great quarterbacks. The scrambling QB is sort of a signature. I can completely see why the parents of a young promising QB would bring their son to STL. He will throw a ton, great coaching, and usually talented receivers.

Not sure if the success at LB is due to talented kids being attracted by Coach Cal’s defense, or position coaches producing great LBs. Probably both.

I was really looking forward to watching the STL defense this year. So many of the strong players returned as seniors this year, plus another year of experience for Tuitele, Kamakawiwoole, and others. They haven’t disappointed. Just missing Toilolo
@genks: As for the LBs, my hunch is that good LBs are attracted to St Louis because they're simply a winning school when it comes to football. I'm not so sure that it's Cal as a DC. (He does double as the DC, right?). If we're talking D alone, Kamehameha often has just as good a D as St Louis. But, the strength of Kamehameha's D is often the down-linemen.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:36 pm

@genks: As for the LBs, my hunch is that good LBs are attracted to St Louis because they're simply a winning school when it comes to football. I'm not so sure that it's Cal as a DC. (He does double as the DC, right?). If we're talking D alone, Kamehameha often has just as good a D as St Louis. But, the strength of Kamehameha's D is often the down-linemen.
No St Louis has a DC, not sure his name

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Is it Frank Pahia?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:11 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:36 pm

No St Louis has a DC, not sure his name
@genks: Oh, OK. I thought Cal was doubling as DC. In fact, I thought he was doing that just two years ago or so.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Jonah Chong,Iolani future QB. Would he be related to Elroy Chong,who quarterbacked Iolani's 1968 ILH championship team?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:07 am Jonah Chong,Iolani future QB. Would he be related to Elroy Chong,who quarterbacked Iolani's 1968 ILH championship team?
@unpaid: Could be, but it's hard to say. Lots of Chongs.