808 Football Recruits

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
808FBRecruits
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

808 Football Recruits

Post by 808FBRecruits »

How's it going everyone.

I've viewed this board for quite a while but have been away for a bit. I run a twitter dedicated to getting out local FB boys exposure to colleges, and the public. It's been a lot of work, and I've been looking for new ways to connect to the community to discover new up and coming players.

So please, I am welcoming any and all football recruiting discussions and would really appreciate any insight. Mahalo to everyone and I look forward to all the future interaction!

PM's are always open here and DM's open on twitter at: twitter.com/808FBRecruits

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: 808 Football Recruits

Post by Neighbor »

Reveal yourself

808FBRecruits
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808FBRecruits »

Neighbor wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:13 pm Reveal yourself
I don't know if you remember but... rednblue

I started and used to update this thread:

http://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewtopi ... 11&t=43961

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

808FBRecruits wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:53 pm
Neighbor wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:13 pm Reveal yourself
I don't know if you remember but... rednblue

I started and used to update this thread:

http://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewtopi ... 11&t=43961
no, i mean your real self

808FBRecruits
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808FBRecruits »

Neighbor wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:38 pm no, i mean your real self
Neighbor, do you have everyone on this forum reveal themselves, or is it just me? What a great start this is...

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

No, but i follow you on twitter and you have all these ins with all these different athletes so just curious as to who you are

808FBRecruits
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808FBRecruits »

Neighbor wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:55 pm No, but i follow you on twitter and you have all these ins with all these different athletes so just curious as to who you are
I'll tell you a little about myself...
Grew up here on Oahu, went to school at an ILH school that resides on rugged slopes. Big fan of UH sports, Denver Broncos, LA Lakers, and the Walking Dead.

I work a full time job and all of the work I put in for the prospects, I do it in my spare time. I started the twitter to gain exposure for our home grown student athletes, if I consider it a success if I am able to get any of these kids a look. Through this outlet, I've been able to connect with dozens of coaches and personnel... the sole purpose of for our guys to get looks. With that, I've also been able to make connections with a lot of these student athletes as well as recruiting journalists and scouts.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

808FBRecruits wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:04 pm
Neighbor wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:55 pm No, but i follow you on twitter and you have all these ins with all these different athletes so just curious as to who you are
I'll tell you a little about myself...
Grew up here on Oahu, went to school at an ILH school that resides on rugged slopes. Big fan of UH sports, Denver Broncos, LA Lakers, and the Walking Dead.

I work a full time job and all of the work I put in for the prospects, I do it in my spare time. I started the twitter to gain exposure for our home grown student athletes, if I consider it a success if I am able to get any of these kids a look. Through this outlet, I've been able to connect with dozens of coaches and personnel... the sole purpose of for our guys to get looks. With that, I've also been able to make connections with a lot of these student athletes as well as recruiting journalists and scouts.
@808FBRecruits: Well, it's clear that you're a St Louis alumnus. You said your previous User Name was rednblue (St Louis' colors), you went to an ILH school (St Louis is in the ILH), and that your alma mater resides on rugged slopes. Presumably those are the rugged slopes of Kalaepohaku, where St Louis School is located.

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

Thanks for what you do 808!! I follow you on twitter too. Hawaii kids are getting recruited big time. Once these boys go on to the next level, we are all proud of them and follow them no matter what HS they went.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

808 Fb you are awesome! I enjoy looking at your stuff and I'm sure the kids are very excited to see themselves in one of your features. I am new to following Hawaii high school football, and I'm very proud of our athletes. Give them a chance and they shine. Great work keep it up!

808FBRecruits
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808FBRecruits »

Aitorahi wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:57 am Thanks for what you do 808!! I follow you on twitter too. Hawaii kids are getting recruited big time. Once these boys go on to the next level, we are all proud of them and follow them no matter what HS they went.
Absolutely, for me it doesn't matter what schools we went to. It's all about getting our Hawaii boys opportunities so they can represent for their families, communities, and state. I appreciate the follow!

808FBRecruits
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808FBRecruits »

genks wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:39 pm 808 Fb you are awesome! I enjoy looking at your stuff and I'm sure the kids are very excited to see themselves in one of your features. I am new to following Hawaii high school football, and I'm very proud of our athletes. Give them a chance and they shine. Great work keep it up!
Thanks for the follow. A lot of these guys work really hard on and off the field, and it's nice for them to get some recognition for what they do. I noticed that we get more post activity with the features and edits, just to get more people to see it and hopefully that draws more attention to their play on the field to potential programs.

808FBRecruits
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808FBRecruits »

Some nuggets that hopefully I can provide on a weekly basis:

STL DB Isaiah Tufaga will be on an official visit to Oregon State this weekend as the Beavers take on Minnesota. OSU has had a pretty good run in Hawaii with Coach Chad Kauhaahaa recruiting the islands. On 247sports, two analysts have already predicted that Tufaga ends up in Corvallis, and this will be a big weekend for the Beavs. However, with mediocre outings the last two weekends: a loss to Colorado St and a close win against Portland State, it may be an uphill battle against the PJ Fleck led Gophers.

Kahuku DE Samson Reed (UVA commit) will be taking his official visit to Virginia on Thanksgiving weekend as the Cavs take on in-state rival Virginia Tech. Despite the political rallies on the Virginia campus, Samson remains a solid commit and looks to join Wayne Taulapapa and the Poly staff in Coaches Anae, Atuaia, So'oto.

Pearl City DE Zion Tupuola-Fetui has had a strong impact for the PC Chargers this year and has really lived up to his 3* recruiting ranking. He has stated that he will wait for after the season to take his official visits in order to make his commitment. Washington is in strong shape, they were the first team to offer Zion and DLine coach Ikaika Malloe has built a strong relationship over the last couple years. However, I would expect the pressure to rise if spots start filling up on the Husky commit list.

Waianae LB Kana'i Mauga (USC Commit) gave his verbal on a visit to USC campus this past summer, however is considered a "soft verbal commit." He later traveled to Seattle and camped at Washington where he was offered a scholarship. This will be one to watch, factors include the amount of other LBs USC has committed already (3, including former Mililani Trojan Palaie Gaoteote), other existing USC targets remaining (5* Mater Dei LB Solomon Taliaupupu, 4* Serra LB Merlin Robertson), and other schollie option available for Kana'i (UW, Utah, others). With his tremendous play so far this season, I would expect other programs to take notice as well.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

If Tufaga went to OU he could play with Isaac Slade Matautia again that would be cool. He was flying all over the field against Kam.

What an athlete Mauga is. Im 100% a believer

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

genks wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:50 pm If Tufaga went to OU he could play with Isaac Slade Matautia again that would be cool. He was flying all over the field against Kam.

What an athlete Mauga is. Im 100% a believer
@genks: Is that Isaiah Tufaga, the DB? Don't know why he had to fly around much. Without their top QB Yam, Kamehameha couldn't pass worth a darn. All they could do was try to run the ball, which allowed St Louis' D to key almost exclusively on stopping the run. It's amazing Kamehameha's RB, Shannon, got even the 90 yards he did, and it took him some 26 attempts to get them. Unless you're Kahuku, it's pretty hard to run the ball down St Louis' throat, and this year even Kahuku probably couldn't do it. St Louis coach Cal said Kamehameha "ran the ball up our (butts)", but he's clearly exaggerating. 90 yards on 26 attempts isn't really "running the ball up their butts."