808 Football Recruits

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
genks
Starter
Starter

Re: 808 Football Recruits

Post by genks »

808FBRecruits wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:30 pm
genks wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 am How does a verbal commitment from an athlete affect recruiting from other schools? For example, Chevan committed to UH, would this discourage other schools from trying to recruit him? Or does it not make a difference?
Nothing is official until a letter of intent is signed and received by a program. A verbal commitment may lock up a spot for the player, however hardly discourages teams from recruiting the committed prospect. De-commitments are at an all time high.
Thank you sir

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

McKenzie Milton committed to us then changed to UCF once Frost got the job.
ImageImage

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

I enjoyed that highlight from Ronson Young that you retweeted. Good to see that he’s playing somewhere

808FBRecruits
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808FBRecruits »

Loyal to the Soil

We are looking at another local boy staying home, on the defensive side. Unsure when this one pops but keep your eye out for this.

Official Visits:

Punahou DT Hale Motu’apuka will be officially visiting Utah State this weekend. This is going to be a BIG visit for Hale.

Kapolei DT/OL Aaron Faumui will take his official visit to UH this weekend. He does look to secure a few more official visits to the mainland, but nothing is scheduled for now.

Coaching Changes:

A lot of local players on the mainland will be dealing with coaching changes or already have. UCF, Oregon St, Oregon, Ole Miss (sanctions)... from what I can gather now, I don’t expect any transfer homes immediately (will wait till after spring ball). UCF was quick to hire another offensive guru to takeover a high powered offense led by Mckenzie Milton. Oregon St hired UW’s QB coach and OC, even though players wished to remove the interim tag HC Coach Corey Hall, affecting a few Hawaii born players/targets/commits. Oregon is still searching for their answer at HC, Redshirt FR. Isaac Slade-Matautia is hopeful that he will stay regardless of who they bring in. Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson is exploring transfer options, leaving a void for Pearl City alum Jordan Ta’amu to step on full time.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Looks like Shea Patterson is officially a Wolverine. Great for Taamu.

Definetl keeping fingers crossed for Isaac Slade Matautia. Sucks that he never got to play for the coach that recruited him.

Excited to hear we may get more Hawaii boys staying home

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

808FBRecruits was Kahahawai-Welch the other local boy staying home you hinted at? That’s very exciting! If not then there’s even more good news coming?

So now Chevan has officially signed, and they signed Moussa who is a 3 star, I’m sure they will push each other. What chances do you guys think of seeing a true freshman staring at QB?

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

I think I read someone saying Kama Moore will walk on at UH?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Tennessee has offered Taulia Tagovailoa a scholarship. Not surprising since New HC Jeremy Pruitt is familiar with his older brother who just helped CJP's former employers win a national championship,and probably had seen Taulia put together a great season at the the Tuscaloosa high school he has attended since the family moved to Alabama.I think that makes around five or six offers Taulia Tagovailoa has now.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Tuitele has some buzz around Bama after he announced his unofficial visit