unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

unpaid D-II football

Post by unpaid »

Headliners next weekend,

No.1 Lahainaluna and No.9 Pearl City.

I expect the Lunas defense to be as good or better than last year and the offense will have veteran players to lean on too.Could be a long night for the Chargers. Going with Lahainaluna for the win.

No.5 St. Francis and D-I No. 10 Leilehua.

This is a bellweather game for the Saints. If they qualify for states,they will move up to D-I for postseason.The Mules are the kind of team that St. Francis will have to beat out for the trophy.Of course,due to the OIA agenda,Leilehua won't be in D-I for states,but teams like Hilo and Maui could be....so beat Leilehua and maybe
You have a chance at states if you can get there. Leilehua is very comfortable in the offensive system they run, and they have a veteran QB returning. Picking Leilehua for the win here.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Heard there were a bunch of teams scrimmaging the past couple of days at the Hilo schools. Anybody attend? Any info?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Sorry Bee-ai-boy too much rain so I didn't attend. I heard Lahainaluna looked sharp and the Big Island teams have low numbers and need work. Other than that, three days of scrimmages with KSH, Kealakehe, Keaau, Lahainaluna, Hilo, Waiakea and I heard Kona came on Saturday, so I'll get feedback this week.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Getreal$
Thanks...always look forward to your insight and info on the BIIF football scene.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

@Bee-ai-boi

I spoke to a few friends who attended the scrimmages held at Keaau High and Kamehameha Hawaii so my comments are subjective. All agreed that Lahainaluna performed the best followed by Hilo and Konawaena. The consensus was Kamehameha Hawaii dropped off significantly this year and their Offense sputtered and defense needs lots of work on the line. Keaau battled small numbers again but looked improved over years past and Waiakea seemed low in numbers as well. Kealakehe seemed to be the surprise BIIF team at the friday scrimmage with Luna's, Hilo, and KSH, but I take that with a grain of salt since that heaping praise came from a vocal waverider parent. Konawaena also looks to be well on their way to another good season with Ewing and a solid D, and Hilo has the numbers and talent. We'll get a good indication the next two weeks on where teams are.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Getreal$...thanks for the info. I've also been hearing a little bit if rumbling about Kealekehe the past week or so. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I heard KSH didn't look too good also. Was told they are smaller than usual physically, and their D lacks the tall rangy type athletes they usually suit up. Interested to see what HPA will look like with the new coaching staff. Heard Brostek is back, and they always had solid line play with him coaching. Guess we will hear that loud rumbling voice fom their side of the field again this year. Just a few more days till the games begin.....can't wait!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week One,

1.Lahainaluna 1-0 Lunas grind out a win over Pearl City to open the defense of last year's D-II crown.
2.Iolani 0-0 Did not play.
3.Damien 1-0 Drubbed D-I Castle 42-7.
4.Waipahu 1-0 Demolished D-I Nanakuli.
5.St.Francis 0-1 Lost to D-I Leilehua.
6.Konawaena 0-0 DNP
7.Kaimuki 0-0 DNP
8.Kauai 1-0. 10-7 win overKamehameha-Hawaii.
9.Kalani 0-0 DNP
10.Pearl City 0-1 Lost to Lahainaluna.

Ranked teams went a combined 2-1 against D-I opponents this week. Kapaa is not ranked yet,but they beat D-I Maui 24-7.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.1 Lahainaluna and D-I No.6 Kamehameha.

Just Kamehameha..that is all.

No.5 St. Francis and No.8 Kauai.

The Saints are too battle-tested to lose this one to a team that is trying to get back to dominant ways they used to enjoy not so long ago.

No.9 Kalani and No.10 Pearl City.

I think the Chargers will be a little more physical,and they should be playing with a chip on their shoulder after getting shut down in the second half against Lahainaluna. Kalani....well,it's their first game of the year. Nothing to be upset about,so the Falcons might be running into a buzz saw. Picking PC for the win.

I don't have Kapaa ranked yet,but the Warriors and No.6 Konawaena tangle this week. I think the Wildcats take the win in a close one.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

PC's problem is their QB is a converted WR. No pocket presence and quick to go to the outside with his legs. They seem to have a decent run game though, but I don't know how Kalani looks

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Hilo hammering Iolani 62-28. One's got to wonder: is this the worst Iolani team since 2003, or will they recover and beat out the other D2 teams? Their running game was non-existent today. If it performs as badly as our 2004 running game did (2004 was the year before we snapped St. Louis's long streak of ILH titles) they are in trouble!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

gopunahou wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:21 pm Hilo hammering Iolani 62-28. One's got to wonder: is this the worst Iolani team since 2003, or will they recover and beat out the other D2 teams? Their running game was non-existent today. If it performs as badly as our 2004 running game did (2004 was the year before we snapped St. Louis's long streak of ILH titles) they are in trouble!

Or maybe just maybe Hilo is pretty good?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Two,

1.Damien 2-0 Monarchs vault to the top with Lahainaluna and Iolani both taking losses.
2.Lahainaluna 1-1 Lunas hung around for three quarters, but Kamehameha pulled away to win.
3.Waipahu 2-0 Kalaheo forfeited.
4.St.Francis 1-1 lopsided win over Kauai.
5.Iolani 0-1 Raiders got walloped by Hilo.
6.Kaimuki 1-0 Shut out Waialua 63-0.
7.Pearl City 1-1 edged Kalani in OT.
8.Kapaa 2-0 Warriors have me eating crow.Thought they grad too much talent from 2016.Win over Konawaena says the new wave of Kapaa players is pretty good.
9.Waimea 1-0 Menehunes drubbed PAC-5 49-21.
10. Honokaa 1-0 Beat Waiakea.

Konawaena, Kauai, and Kalani drop out for now. Konawaena is the best bet to climb back into the top ten.The Wildcats should be on a mission for the rest of the season.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

In my rank,there are no games between ranked teams. Still,there are three games that SL would consider top ten battles.

Pearl City and Roosevelt.Two weeks of football is a small sample size. In that time ,however, The Rough Riders seem to be winning the defensive and offensive battles while Pearl City seems to be a little erratic on offense and defense. Roosevelt in an upset.

St.Francis and Konawaena.

Konawaena has some star power returning,but they lost to an apparently reloading Kapaa team. St. Francis can and should win this game.

Kalani and Kaimuki. The Bulldogs are playing at a high level on offense and defense. They shut out the defending OIA D-II champs 63-0 last week.Kaimuki has size and talent on it's side. Kaimuki should take the W.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Three,

1.Lahainaluna 2-1 Lunas return to the top spot after Damien loses.
2.Damien 2-1 Monarchs fall to second after losing to Villa Park,California.
3.Waipahu 2-0 DNP
4.St.Francis 2-1 beat Konawaena.
5.Iolani 0-1 DNP
6.Kaimuki 2-0 beat Kalani.
7.Pearl City 2-1 beat Roosevelt.
8.Kapaa 2-0 DNP
9.Waimea 1-0 DNP
10.Honokaa 1-0 DNP

Kamehameha-Hawaii put up big offensive numbers against Waiakea this weekend.Maybe the Warriors are gelling and ready to make a run.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Unpaid- Not at all, Waiakea is probably the worse team in the State right now and I don't know why they play each other every year for preseason. Watching the game last nigh was worse than pulling four wisdom teeth without anesthesia. I've seen better execution and strategy from first year Tiny Mites pop warner team, and even that may be downplaying it.