unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by unpaid »

Getreal$,

Good point.Waipahu's younger Amorozo brother is a decent kicker. Wonder why they didn't use him on PAT's until near the end of the game,then try for two to tie or win at the end of regulation.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Getreal$ wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:01 am
unpaid wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:43 am Very close games last night.

Lahainaluna's defense was able to hold off Iolani's late game charge to win.The Luna's had a monster night on the ground to win. They have another high-octane offensive opponent in the finals.Should be good.

What can you say about Konawaena-Waipahu? I think most of us thought this would be a shootout, but they outdid my expectations. The lucky ones were the fans who got to see the game,I think. Konawaena has their work cut out for them in the finals. Can Lahainaluna hold back that Wildcat air game enough to win in the finals?
I must say I didn't expect that type of game. Kona came out firing and it took awhile for Waipahu to wake up, but when they did, they still had a difficult time getting stops on D and all they needed was one. To me the difference in this game wasn't the offense or lack of defense, it was the extra points. Kona took advantage of a great kicker while Waipahu went for two and failed on numerous attempts. That was the difference in the game.
@Getreal$: If you ask me, it was the turnovers. Waipahu turned the ball over five times, and Konawaena scored 21 points total off of those. There is your game. Waipahu must feel sick.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Fourteen,

1.Lahainaluna 10-1 Beat Iolani to advance to D-II title game against No.2 Konawaena.
2.Konawaena 9-2 Beat Waipahu to advance to D-II state championship against Lahainaluna.
3.Damien 10-3 Beat Kauai to advance to D-I state championship game.
4. Waipahu 10-1 drop two spots with loss to Konawaena. Season over.
5.Pearl City 7-3 SO.
6.St.Francis 8-4 SO.
7.Kauai 5-4 Lost to Damien in D-I states semifinal. SO.
8.Kamehameha-Hawaii 7-4 SO
9.Kaimuki 5-4 SO.
10.Roosevelt 4-4 SO.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:29 pm
Getreal$ wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:01 am
unpaid wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:43 am Very close games last night.

Lahainaluna's defense was able to hold off Iolani's late game charge to win.The Luna's had a monster night on the ground to win. They have another high-octane offensive opponent in the finals.Should be good.

What can you say about Konawaena-Waipahu? I think most of us thought this would be a shootout, but they outdid my expectations. The lucky ones were the fans who got to see the game,I think. Konawaena has their work cut out for them in the finals. Can Lahainaluna hold back that Wildcat air game enough to win in the finals?
I must say I didn't expect that type of game. Kona came out firing and it took awhile for Waipahu to wake up, but when they did, they still had a difficult time getting stops on D and all they needed was one. To me the difference in this game wasn't the offense or lack of defense, it was the extra points. Kona took advantage of a great kicker while Waipahu went for two and failed on numerous attempts. That was the difference in the game.
@Getreal$: If you ask me, it was the turnovers. Waipahu turned the ball over five times, and Konawaena scored 21 points total off of those. There is your game. Waipahu must feel sick.
Yes, turnovers killed them too...but they still could have come out ahead if they kicked four extra points instead of going for two. Too late now, sad for the seniors who can't do this game over.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

I haven't posted in a while and I think Getreal$ and unpaid are really informative and I enjoy reading their I sights and posts. However I was lucky enough to attend the Konawaena-Waipahu game and boy what a game it was. My only question is why is everyone wondering why Waipahu did or didn't do this or that. How about what Konawaena did to get this victory. And it's not only this forum that I'm hearing this. It kind of sounds like everyone thinks Konawaena got lucky and had nothing to do with the outcome. What I saw was a team that yes maybe was the less talented, but played their asses off till the end and pulled off a huge victory for their program. Didn't they force a few of those turnovers? Like I said I am a big homer but how about giving the winning team some credit for pulling off a win when nobody going in gave them a chance to win? Instead we're asking what the losing team did or didn't do to cause them to lose. Just saying...JMHO.

Oh and also two BIIF teams playing for the title YeeeHaw...go Vikings and Wildcats.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Bee-ai-boi wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:38 am I haven't posted in a while and I think Getreal$ and unpaid are really informative and I enjoy reading their I sights and posts. However I was lucky enough to attend the Konawaena-Waipahu game and boy what a game it was. My only question is why is everyone wondering why Waipahu did or didn't do this or that. How about what Konawaena did to get this victory. And it's not only this forum that I'm hearing this. It kind of sounds like everyone thinks Konawaena got lucky and had nothing to do with the outcome. What I saw was a team that yes maybe was the less talented, but played their asses off till the end and pulled off a huge victory for their program. Didn't they force a few of those turnovers? Like I said I am a big homer but how about giving the winning team some credit for pulling off a win when nobody going in gave them a chance to win? Instead we're asking what the losing team did or didn't do to cause them to lose. Just saying...JMHO.

Oh and also two BIIF teams playing for the title YeeeHaw...go Vikings and Wildcats.
I was there too and if you read my first post, I said Kona came out firing and Waipahu had a hard time getting stops. What I didn't expect is this high scoring big play back and forth game with defenses getting torched, and yes it was exciting for the fans but for someone like me who likes high quality play on both sides of the ball, well you can say it came down to the last play or we would be having a different conversation here.

Konawaena played lights out and credit goes to their coaching staff who week in and out prepares these kids well. Lastly, whenever you have a two time and more than likely a three time OPOY QB on your team that is well coached, I don't think anyone including myself counted them out, you expect a lights out performance and he delivered. I'm sorry you took my post the wrong way and YES..GO WILDCATS AND VIKINGS!!!

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Getreal$

No apologies needed. I did read your previous post...my bad on that one. I had just been reading on some other sites and forums and got a little disheartened by all the talk about Waipahu with no mention of Konawaena and the great game they played. I came back to post on this forum cause it's the only one I post on. Some of the other sites are just nasty. With you and unpaid It's all good. Enjoy reading your posts. GO BIIF!!!!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Bee-ai-boi wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:49 pm Getreal$

No apologies needed. I did read your previous post...my bad on that one. I had just been reading on some other sites and forums and got a little disheartened by all the talk about Waipahu with no mention of Konawaena and the great game they played. I came back to post on this forum cause it's the only one I post on. Some of the other sites are just nasty. With you and unpaid It's all good. Enjoy reading your posts. GO BIIF!!!!
@Bee-ai-boi: My guess as to why there's so much talk about Waipahu as opposed to Konawaena is that there are probably more guys on this message-board who are from Oahu. I'm guessing that, based on Oahu's population being the largest in the state. Statistical probability. I myself am on Oahu, so Konawaena is almost never on my radar, so to speak. I'm very heavy into Oahu schools, as you might guess. Guess you can (rightly) accuse me of being "Oahu-centric." Also, there are so many schools on Oahu, it's a challenge to keep track just of them. Even when you rule-out the small private schools that don't have their own football teams, there are still gazillions of teams here on Oahu. For me, it's like, I don't want to try to keep track of the outer-island teams, too. Enough on Oahu as it is. (Well, there aren't that many schools in the state football tournament. Guess I'm simply Oahu-centric. My bad. The funny thing is, that doesn't mean I always want the Oahu teams to win. For example, the Damien v Hilo title game, I prefer that Hilo win. It's like that. In fact, when Iolani played Lahainaluna, I was pulling heavily for Lahainaluna, believe me. The Waipahu v Konawaena game, I was neutral. I didn't really prefer one school over the other.)

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Bee-ai-boi wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:49 pm Getreal$

I've said this for years now, DII BIIF and MIL play an integrated schedule and in the BIIF that includes four DI schools. Playing Kealakehe, Hilo, Waiakea, and Keaau all DI schools, then add KSH and in certain years tough Honokaa and HPA teams, prepares the eventual BIIF champions for the DII playoffs. Unfortunately as you pointed out, BIIF is looked upon as mediocre. The kids play hard and compete in whatever division the powers to be decides. Can't help the haters out there. Rooting for Konawaena and Hilo to bring it home to the BIIF!

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

HS Football Fanatic

Your right about there being more Oahu people on this forum than BI people. I get it, but like you I'm BI-centric. Like I always say I am a big homer and was just venting a little about Konawaena not getting credit
It's all good, glad.ypur rooting for Hilo!!!!!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Bee-ai-boi wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:08 pm HS Football Fanatic

Your right about there being more Oahu people on this forum than BI people. I get it, but like you I'm BI-centric. Like I always say I am a big homer and was just venting a little about Konawaena not getting credit
It's all good, glad.ypur rooting for Hilo!!!!!
@Bee-ai-boi: Hilo will have a tough game. It seems Damien can run and pass, while Hilo is run-heavy (though they can throw if they have to. Against Damien, they might have to, because Damien's D is pretty tough, too. Don't know too much about Hilo's D, but they'll have to watch both the run and the pass). I think Hilo will try to run the ball down Damien's throat. They have a big O-line and a good RB (Huddleston).

DA SCOUT
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by DA SCOUT »

Personally I think Konawaena is a solid football team that did a great job in the beginning of that game and let Waipahu somehow get back into it but that's football. Which brings me to my next topic that it Waipahu playing from behind in that game is a lot because their schedule in the OIA D II is pretty weak they didn't really play anybody this year their toughest competition was pearl city and personally they weren't pretty good either I expected it to be a lop sided victory for the wildcats. Another thing is not being bias but all outer island schools should be DII they can never compete in the Open against the big boys so they created D 1 where it's all outer island and 1 oahu rep to give them a fighting chance and a fight it's going to be Hilo is a run heavy team going against a D form Damien that gives up less than a 100 yd per game and they faced IMO the best running back in the state 4 times this year and that boy earned every yard that being Bubba Aina Chavez what a runner but Huddleston is no joke either but most times you need to be a balanced team to win in the ILH so I think Damien will load the box and force the 50/50 ball so hopefully Damien's corners is on point if not there could be some big highlight reels

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

DA SCOUT wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:49 pm Personally I think Konawaena is a solid football team that did a great job in the beginning of that game and let Waipahu somehow get back into it but that's football. Which brings me to my next topic that it Waipahu playing from behind in that game is a lot because their schedule in the OIA D II is pretty weak they didn't really play anybody this year their toughest competition was pearl city and personally they weren't pretty good either I expected it to be a lop sided victory for the wildcats. Another thing is not being bias but all outer island schools should be DII they can never compete in the Open against the big boys so they created D 1 where it's all outer island and 1 oahu rep to give them a fighting chance and a fight it's going to be Hilo is a run heavy team going against a D form Damien that gives up less than a 100 yd per game and they faced IMO the best running back in the state 4 times this year and that boy earned every yard that being Bubba Aina Chavez what a runner but Huddleston is no joke either but most times you need to be a balanced team to win in the ILH so I think Damien will load the box and force the 50/50 ball so hopefully Damien's corners is on point if not there could be some big highlight reels
@DA SCOUT: Yes, Hilo has a strong run game with a big O-line and a good RB in Huddleston. Early on, I assumed that they couldn't pass, but someone on this message-board said Hilo can pass if they want to. Yeah, I guess Damien should be the favorite, as they have the more-balanced O. But, I would prefer that Hilo win. It's time for Hilo High to enjoy some football glory.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:48 pm
DA SCOUT wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:49 pm Personally I think Konawaena is a solid football team that did a great job in the beginning of that game and let Waipahu somehow get back into it but that's football. Which brings me to my next topic that it Waipahu playing from behind in that game is a lot because their schedule in the OIA D II is pretty weak they didn't really play anybody this year their toughest competition was pearl city and personally they weren't pretty good either I expected it to be a lop sided victory for the wildcats. Another thing is not being bias but all outer island schools should be DII they can never compete in the Open against the big boys so they created D 1 where it's all outer island and 1 oahu rep to give them a fighting chance and a fight it's going to be Hilo is a run heavy team going against a D form Damien that gives up less than a 100 yd per game and they faced IMO the best running back in the state 4 times this year and that boy earned every yard that being Bubba Aina Chavez what a runner but Huddleston is no joke either but most times you need to be a balanced team to win in the ILH so I think Damien will load the box and force the 50/50 ball so hopefully Damien's corners is on point if not there could be some big highlight reels
@DA SCOUT: Yes, Hilo has a strong run game with a big O-line and a good RB in Huddleston. Early on, I assumed that they couldn't pass, but someone on this message-board said Hilo can pass if they want to. Yeah, I guess Damien should be the favorite, as they have the more-balanced O. But, I would prefer that Hilo win. It's time for Hilo High to enjoy some football glory.
I'll give my take on Hilo. Hilo's D is good enough to keep them in every game. Yes, they do have a bunch of good receivers but for some reason they forget about them and the pass and try to run run run Huddleston, even with every team stacking the box. I watched four Hilo games this year and all four teams played them without any safety and man coverage all game. It could be because their projected starter at QB and I believe was a stronger passer, is either hurt or not playing anymore so they've started a kid that played defense last year. Huddleston is a good RB, but not even the best and most talented backs can weave their way through defenses that are prepared to stop one kid. They better have a different game plan or it will be a long night for Hilo.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Getreal$ wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:22 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:48 pm
I'll give my take on Hilo. Hilo's D is good enough to keep them in every game. Yes, they do have a bunch of good receivers but for some reason they forget about them and the pass and try to run run run Huddleston, even with every team stacking the box. I watched four Hilo games this year and all four teams played them without any safety and man coverage all game. It could be because their projected starter at QB and I believe was a stronger passer, is either hurt or not playing anymore so they've started a kid that played defense last year. Huddleston is a good RB, but not even the best and most talented backs can weave their way through defenses that are prepared to stop one kid. They better have a different game plan or it will be a long night for Hilo.
@Getreal$: Hilo is like the Waianae of the Big Island. They need to stop insisting on going with the run almost all the time, when this year they have competent receivers and a QB who can throw reasonably well. As soon as Damien starts loading the box, throw the ball. Hilo shouldn't allow Damien to take them cheap on the pass game; they need to mix it up a little. I don't think they can just run all over the Monarchs.