unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

that WR Ryan Chang is pretty good, only a junior too. also how is Mills getting these St.Louis transfers? i thought they put a stop to it

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

That was a crazy game. Pick six returned for zero yards lol. All those studs on Kapolei defense and Mililani still put up 41 points. They will finish their league schedule undefeated, only Kailua and Nanakuli left. I think they scored over 40 in every game.

ka'ahupahau706
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:37 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:52 pm
ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:25 pm Shoot I doubt they're all out, except for Feary. I guess he's pau this week. As for everyone else, STL players always show up for Punahou week.
@ka'ahupahau706: GOOD! I'm glad to hear that! OK, Crusaders! You heard him! Show-up for Punahou! Physically and figuratively! St Louis and Punahou have been rivals for decades, and not just that: Punahou is the only school that stands between St Louis and the ILH D1 title. If only Feary is out, so much the better for St Louis.
You make it sound like your LIFE rides on St. Louis beating us out for the ILH title. You've got more passion than a St. Louis graduate. Did you make a bet that'll cause your life to ride on St. Louis winning this game (and the ILH)? Will you lose your house if they lose?
HS Football is just a classic but more passionate punahou hater. No one likes punahou, I get it. Like Punahou has only won like 2 state championships and people hate on them as if they've been winning football for years. Haha

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Gaaaaaaame Daaaayyyy!!!!!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 am HS Football is just a classic but more passionate punahou hater. No one likes punahou, I get it. Like Punahou has only won like 2 state championships and people hate on them as if they've been winning football for years. Haha
Trust me, he ain't the worst Punahou hater who's posted here. He's even been respectful to me. Hopefully, the worst Punahou hater won't come back like he did five times between 2008 and 2013 (hint: he's a Donald Trump supporter who hates anything and everything "liberal", all because of a certain Punahou graduate).
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:25 pm Shoot I doubt they're all out, except for Feary. I guess he's pau this week. As for everyone else, STL players always show up for Punahou week.
@ka'ahupahau706: GOOD! I'm glad to hear that! OK, Crusaders! You heard him! Show-up for Punahou! Physically and figuratively! St Louis and Punahou have been rivals for decades, and not just that: Punahou is the only school that stands between St Louis and the ILH D1 title. If only Feary is out, so much the better for St Louis.
You make it sound like your LIFE rides on St. Louis beating us out for the ILH title. You've got more passion than a St. Louis graduate. Did you make a bet that'll cause your life to ride on St. Louis winning this game (and the ILH)? Will you lose your house if they lose?
@gopunahou: My apologies. You know me from my posts over the years. Yes, I admit that I simply don't care for Punahou School. So, I kind of back whichever school is playing them. No, I didn't bet on the game. Though I don't care for your alma mater, of course that dislike doesn't extend to you.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:01 am
2k_Hawaii wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:38 pm lol Mills still ended up blowing them out
Another reason to make me think that Mililani might be the best in the OIA. This is a team that can do it all.
@gopunahou: That's a fascinating thought. I wonder if Mililani really could beat Kahuku? Right off the bat, though, I think Kahuku's D is better than Mililani's D.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:15 pm
@gopunahou: My apologies. You know me from my posts over the years. Yes, I admit that I simply don't care for Punahou School. So, I kind of back whichever school is playing them. No, I didn't bet on the game. Though I don't care for your alma mater, of course that dislike doesn't extend to you.
That's cool. I used to get very passionate about our games against Iolani because whenever Iolani beat us, certain Iolani graduates would rub our noses in it if they won (which has only happened once since 2002 but DID happen A LOT between 1997 and 2001). But having worked with Iolani graduates and performed musically with them, I don't hate the school as a whole--just the elitists who give the school a bad name (just like Punahou elitists give us a bad name).
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

That's true, but can they stop Mililani's all-around offense and put together an offensive gameplan that can keep them guessing? One of the reasons Kahuku beat us in 2005, 2011, and 2012 was because they had successful passing plays against us when we stacked nine in the box. If we played them in 2008, they would've struggled offensively because of their complete lack of a passing game that year.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 am

HS Football is just a classic but more passionate punahou hater. No one likes punahou, I get it. Like Punahou has only won like 2 state championships and people hate on them as if they've been winning football for years. Haha
@ka'ahupahau706: Well, I don't really think of myself as a Punahou-hater. The reason that I say that is that Punahou is a high school. (Well, it's actually K-12, but only the high-school is in league sports, of course). As a high school, Punahou School is about kids. I can't bring myself to hate kids. So, I guess it might be more appropriate to call me a Punahou-disliker. Does that mean I dislike kids? No. I dislike Punahou School, but I don't dislike its kids. And, while Punahou has won only two state titles, they are good every year.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:02 pm
ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 am HS Football is just a classic but more passionate punahou hater. No one likes punahou, I get it. Like Punahou has only won like 2 state championships and people hate on them as if they've been winning football for years. Haha
Trust me, he ain't the worst Punahou hater who's posted here. He's even been respectful to me. Hopefully, the worst Punahou hater won't come back like he did five times between 2008 and 2013 (hint: he's a Donald Trump supporter who hates anything and everything "liberal", all because of a certain Punahou graduate).
@gopunahou: Exactly. And again, I don't really consider myself a Punahou-hater. More like, Punahou-disliker. I don't understand how any adult could hate a high school, which kids attend. And indeed, I'm respectful of you. That's because you're a really good sport, and you don't spew extreme vitriol. I've noticed that over the years.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:20 pm
That's cool. I used to get very passionate about our games against Iolani because whenever Iolani beat us, certain Iolani graduates would rub our noses in it if they won (which has only happened once since 2002 but DID happen A LOT between 1997 and 2001). But having worked with Iolani graduates and performed musically with them, I don't hate the school as a whole--just the elitists who give the school a bad name (just like Punahou elitists give us a bad name).
@gopunahou: Well, you're right about elitists. One of the problems about private high-schools is that almost all of them are, by default, elitist. I mean, if a kid attends a private school, his or her parents--(sometimes the kid himself or herself, too)--feel he or she is too good for public schools. But of course, not all private-school kids are like that.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:21 pm

That's true, but can they stop Mililani's all-around offense and put together an offensive gameplan that can keep them guessing? One of the reasons Kahuku beat us in 2005, 2011, and 2012 was because they had successful passing plays against us when we stacked nine in the box. If we played them in 2008, they would've struggled offensively because of their complete lack of a passing game that year.
@gopunahou: Well, if I'm not mistaken, Kahuku doesn't have much of a passing game this year, or do they? But of course, Mililani has a very good passing game. In fact, Mililani QB Gabriel is a lot like Punahou QB Barber: Both are dual-threat QBs, able to run as well as they throw.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Is St. Louis that good or are they benefitting from lackluster competition in the ILH? If Barber does not play next week, it wouldn't surprise me if KSK beats us. This happened the year Mariota was a senior as well (SLS feasting on weak ILH competition). Next week's game may feature less than 10 points total.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

@gopunahou not sure how to give my opinion on that. As a STL fan I'm always hyped when we play Pun because you guys are serious competition. If you feel you are lackluster this year then I guess this game isn't a good way of measuring. When OIA people bash ILH teams, I always feel that yeah we are sorta boring as a 3 team league. But All 3 of us can roll up some OIA teams. I hope Barber is not seriously injured. We still have 2 more games to play against you guys.