unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

genks wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 pm Man 50 points allowed. This is the first time Chevan played the entire game. Defense rallied late, horrible score but still a win. I try to be as respectful as possible but....... this made my boys stronger you can count on that. Kam and Punahou CRUSADERS COMING FOR YOU!!!
@genks: You don't have to worry about Kamehameha; St Louis will make roadkill of them. St Louis has to build-up a big head of steam for Punahou. That is the school standing in the way, with arms crossed, to the ILH D1 title. Clean 'em out.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:37 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 pm St. Louis 56, Narbonne 50. Will this cause concern for St. Louis? It hurts my heart to say this, but they've feasted on punchless offensives in the ILH and against Waianae and Baldwin. I liked Narbonne's strategy of making St. Louis's RBs beat them, but that didn't work the whole game.
@gopunahou: What? Didn't St Louis win with the pass game? Their top RB, Tumpap, got only 47 yards.
Yeah there was a few runs that broke for 15- 20 yards but majority of the damage was done through the air. STL played ball control because of Narbonne’s quick strike ability.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:25 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:37 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 pm St. Louis 56, Narbonne 50. Will this cause concern for St. Louis? It hurts my heart to say this, but they've feasted on punchless offensives in the ILH and against Waianae and Baldwin. I liked Narbonne's strategy of making St. Louis's RBs beat them, but that didn't work the whole game.
@gopunahou: What? Didn't St Louis win with the pass game? Their top RB, Tumpap, got only 47 yards.
Yeah there was a few runs that broke for 15- 20 yards but majority of the damage was done through the air. STL played ball control because of Narbonne’s quick strike ability.
St. Louis's big offensive plays came in the final two quarters, especially the 4th. The only scored two offensive touchdowns in the 1st half.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

It’s always nice to learn a lesson and not have to take a loss in the process. This team, especially the defense had to dig deep. In fight sports the saying goes “you can’t teach heart”. These boys refused to give up and fought hard. Valuable experience. They’ve proven to themselves that you gotta BEAT them and they won’t go quietly. No other team they play will be as big, strong, or fast in this state.

Someone on Hawaii Prep mentioned that Kahuku would kill STL after giving up 50 points. No other offense in this state presents that level of quick strike threat in this state.

The Crusaders can lose a game on any given night. But it would’ve been much easier before the game against Narbonne. I really feel this is an important growing experience.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

BTW how did Nanakuli put up 33 against Mililani?

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

genks wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:10 pm BTW how did Nanakuli put up 33 against Mililani?
I read on the Hawaii Prep World live in-game blog that Mililani was playing their 3rd string D vs Nanakuli's starting O.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

bandits1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:28 pm
genks wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:10 pm BTW how did Nanakuli put up 33 against Mililani?
I read on the Hawaii Prep World live in-game blog that Mililani was playing their 3rd string D vs Nanakuli's starting O.
That's what I thought.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Ah ok

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 pm It’s always nice to learn a lesson and not have to take a loss in the process. This team, especially the defense had to dig deep. In fight sports the saying goes “you can’t teach heart”. These boys refused to give up and fought hard. Valuable experience. They’ve proven to themselves that you gotta BEAT them and they won’t go quietly. No other team they play will be as big, strong, or fast in this state.

Someone on Hawaii Prep mentioned that Kahuku would kill STL after giving up 50 points. No other offense in this state presents that level of quick strike threat in this state.

The Crusaders can lose a game on any given night. But it would’ve been much easier before the game against Narbonne. I really feel this is an important growing experience.
@genks: Well, I do prefer Kahuku to St Louis, but there's no way Kahuku would "kill" St Louis; they wouldn't even win. At least, not this year. I do want St Louis to win ILH D1, so I hope the Narbonne game provided adequate "growth" towards that goal.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

I feel Kahuku vs STL could go either way. Hard to match them up till they are in the field. What’s encouraging for STL fans is the success they’ve been having stuffing the run. Kahuku has very good DBs to make passing difficult. Hard to tell.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm I feel Kahuku vs STL could go either way. Hard to match them up till they are in the field. What’s encouraging for STL fans is the success they’ve been having stuffing the run. Kahuku has very good DBs to make passing difficult. Hard to tell.
@genks: Again, I would love to see Kahuku beat St Louis, but I just don't see it happening. First of all, Kahuku is nowhere as good as Narbonne. Secondly, St Louis' pass game is simply too much to handle, Kahuku's good DBs notwithstanding. Third, Kahuku just doesn't have an O that's good enough to stay with St Louis. Their O certainly isn't as good as Narbonne's, right? I mean, I'm willing to say that Kahuku's D is just about as good as St Louis' D, but Kahuku's O is outclassed by St Louis' O. I think that's about the size of it. I don't think Kahuku can keep-up on the offensive side of the ball. Speaking of Kahuku, where's rrforlife? Haven't seem him on this message-board for weeks.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:54 pm
genks wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm I feel Kahuku vs STL could go either way. Hard to match them up till they are in the field. What’s encouraging for STL fans is the success they’ve been having stuffing the run. Kahuku has very good DBs to make passing difficult. Hard to tell.
@genks: Again, I would love to see Kahuku beat St Louis, but I just don't see it happening. First of all, Kahuku is nowhere as good as Narbonne. Secondly, St Louis' pass game is simply too much to handle, Kahuku's good DBs notwithstanding. Third, Kahuku just doesn't have an O that's good enough to stay with St Louis. Their O certainly isn't as good as Narbonne's, right? I mean, I'm willing to say that Kahuku's D is just about as good as St Louis' D, but Kahuku's O is outclassed by St Louis' O. I think that's about the size of it. I don't think Kahuku can keep-up on the offensive side of the ball. Speaking of Kahuku, where's rrforlife? Haven't seem him on this message-board for weeks.
Mililani-STL might go either way too. And keep in mind, playing BOTH of those teams could take a toll.

We looked both unstoppable and untouchable in 2014 before the Kahuku game. Playing good teams in Kahuks and Mills took a toll and was one of the reasons we lost the next game (along with lackluster coaching).

This is one of the few years that the OIA possesses two teams that could win it all.

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

Narbonne is not that great. They got smoked by Centennial 52-6. Couldn't really score. I watched the game on tv and turned it off when it was still 52-0 in the 4th. They also lost to Long Beach Poly. Loosing record at this point.

Kahuku's defense is tops, imho. Held a top 10 team to 17 points in Bingham, 14 of which came off drives with fake punts. But, it's the O that I'm worried about. Not sure they can beat STL without an effective pass game. They probably need at least 28 points on offense to beat the Crusaders. Nawahine is a beast tho. I would say best RB in the state. once again, imho. Good luck to all teams.

#LouGang
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #LouGang »

Saint Louis won already. OIA is complete okole besides Kahuku. Kahuku is also small this year and not to good on deffense as previous years. Punahou and Kam are both not scoring more than 14 on Saint louis unless its garbage points. If any one believes another Hawaii team can beat Saint louis you are completly out of your mind. OIA is trash and Kam and Punahou arnt good

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Aitorahi wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:03 pm Narbonne is not that great. They got smoked by Centennial 52-6. Couldn't really score. I watched the game on tv and turned it off when it was still 52-0 in the 4th. They also lost to Long Beach Poly. Loosing record at this point.

Kahuku's defense is tops, imho. Held a top 10 team to 17 points in Bingham, 14 of which came off drives with fake punts. But, it's the O that I'm worried about. Not sure they can beat STL without an effective pass game. They probably need at least 28 points on offense to beat the Crusaders. Nawahine is a beast tho. I would say best RB in the state. once again, imho. Good luck to all teams.

I saw Narbonne’s record, but man I don’t think you can say they aren’t good because of their record. Centennial is ranked 4th in the nation on Max Preps. Narbonne’s QB is good. They have guys on defense with big D1 offers. This kids are fast. Seeing them in person was impressive. They do not look like Hawaii teams. If we compare records, Centennial crushed Narbonne yes but on rankings they were expected to. Other than that they only allow 10-15 points per game including Serra who put up 40ish against Punahou. STL put up 56 points against them. Narbonne is also known to be strong on defense.