unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by Neighbor »

Well Kahuku's just trying to get their passing game going. I think they could have easily beaten Leilehua and Waianae by a lot more if they just stuck to their classic run game, but they need to have a solid passing game when it comes to playing Saint Louis at the end of the season, or even Kapolei or Mililani later in OIAs.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.5 Kapolei and No.10 Farrington.

Kapolei has the better defense. To me,this game comes down to the offenses. Kapolei has been riding the junior transfer and he has improved all three weeks. The numbers are approaching what Taulia Tagovailoa did on a weekly basis. The Hurricanes will be getting both of their ball carriers back,to add some uncertainty for opposing DC's.

Farrington appears to have been trying to play Ale And Eter at QB to see who could spark the offense. My guess is that Eter is going to be the leader for now. His production is below Kalaola's.

Kapolei should win this game.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:27 am Mililani definitely looks good right now offensively, but I will always be suspect of them on defense. So we'll see as the season progresses.

Kapolei will always be an xfactor and especially after last year they should have the confidence going into the 2017 season.

Kahuku is still figuring it out. I believe Punahou was better on paper last year but at the same time they did have the best QB in the country who definitely played a huge role. I haven't watched punahou this year but I'm curious to see how they look this weekend. Punahou's defense needs to figure it out because I remember watching that championship game against Mililani and most games last year. Their defense lost a handful of games for them because offensively they are capable of lighting up the scoreboard. Can't wait to watch Saints Vs the Puns. Saints Defense vs Puns offense basically. Good luck this week!
In the last two years, our offense abandoned us in key losses. The 2015 second-to-last game against St. Louis (6 turnovers) and ILH Championship game against them last year (at least six turnovers). I also think it played a big role in our loss to Kapolei last year, too.
Neighbor wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:00 pm Well Kahuku's just trying to get their passing game going. I think they could have easily beaten Leilehua and Waianae by a lot more if they just stuck to their classic run game, but they need to have a solid passing game when it comes to playing Saint Louis at the end of the season, or even Kapolei or Mililani later in OIAs.
I think the only year that Kahuku struggled with their passing game in championship victories was in 2006. In 2005, 2011, and 2012 against them, big passing plays from Kahuku burned us.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Four,

1.St.Louis 2-0 DNP No.5 Kamehameha next.
2.Kahuku 3-0
3.Mililani 3-0
4.Punahou 2-0 beat Torrey Pines,CA.
5.Kamehameha 3-0 Beat Carson,CA. No.1 St.Louis next.
6.Kailua 3-0 No.7 Farrington next
7.Farrington 2-2 See above.
8.Kapolei 2-2 Lost to Farrington. Forfeited Castle win.
9.Hilo 2-0 D-II No.9 Honokaa next.
10.Campbell 2-2 Lost to unranked Waianae.

It's time for the Crusaders to get down to the business of winning another ILH and state crown.

Kailua gets a test next week to see if they are top five material when the resurgent Govs come to town.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Mixed results on trying to follow local teams online. I wound up following the entire Radford-Centennial game online. Excellent technical quality.You could even hear the stadium announcer asking spotters what the officials signal meant. Big ups to that streaming service.

When I tried to switch to the Mililani stream,that turned out to be a subscription site. I was not interested. From what I saw on the HPW forum,the quality basically was unwatchable. Money saved!

I will try the Punahou-Serra stream tomorrow.

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

https://twitter.com/HawaiiPrepWorld/status/903848533781909505

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

2k_Hawaii wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:37 pm https://twitter.com/HawaiiPrepWorld/status/903848533781909505
Whoever wins the ILH will likely face the same challenged we faced in 2014--beating two good OIA teams in Kahuku and Mililani.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

unpaid wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 pm Mixed results on trying to follow local teams online. I wound up following the entire Radford-Centennial game online. Excellent technical quality.You could even hear the stadium announcer asking spotters what the officials signal meant. Big ups to that streaming service.

When I tried to switch to the Mililani stream,that turned out to be a subscription site. I was not interested. From what I saw on the HPW forum,the quality basically was unwatchable. Money saved!

I will try the Punahou-Serra stream tomorrow.
It was watchable, just not equal to the price of having to pay for it. Single camera with pretty much the All-22 angle the entire time and no commentary or anything

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I thought Punahou showed a lot of grit and determination against Serra. Both teams were warriors ,but Punahou kept it together just a little longer.

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

now thats why no one really takes Kapolei seriously as a contender. every year they supposedly got some " D1 prospects & transfers" but they always end up falling flat on their face. Its a coaching issue im guessing.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

That and the fact that Kapolei looked undisciplined. Too many emotional fouls. Too many "studs" but no true field leaders.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Five,

1.St.Louis 3-0 beat Kamehameha.
2.Kahuku 4-0 Bingham,UT next.
3.Mililani 4-0 beat a Cali team. No.5 Farrington next
4.Punahou 3-0 Beat Serra,CA. Gutsy win. No.6 Kamehameha next.
5.Farrington 3-2 Beat Kailua. No.3 Mililani next.
6.Kamehameha 3-1 No.4 Punahou next.
7.Kailua 3-1
8.Hilo 3-0
9.Campbell 3-2
10.Castle 3-2.

Kapolei drops out with the loss to Leilehua.Castle slips in.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

Congrats to Punahou and Mililani on winning in the mainland! Really impressive and love seeing Hawaii teams go up against unfamiliar opponents.

Does anyone know if Kahuku has ever won in the mainland? I know they've beaten teams in Hawaii (Skyline '01, Narbonne '06) but can't recall them winning any games on the mainland. Anyways, I'll be cheering them on in Las Vegas and definitely a big fan of these out of state games

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:52 pm Maxpreps' 2017 top five for Hawaii high school football is 1. Kahuku,2. St.Louis,3.Mililani,4.Kapolei,and 5.Punahou.

Kahuku certainly has talent every year,and as a few of you have noted, a lot of local kids are transferring back from the mainland to Kahuku. I think St.Louis has enough coming back for me to keep them at One until somebody can beat them.

I thought the Punahou rank was a little low. To me, the Puns ,on paper are the best balanced team on both sides of the ball excepting Mililani.However, I felt that The 2015 and 2016 Punahou squads were better on paper than St. Louis.... But the Crusaders took the ILH titles both years. So, I think Punahou is going to have to prove they can beat St.Louis on the field. Then,we can see if they can win a state title this year.
@unpaid: As good as Punahou is, I don't see them beating St Louis. I don't even see Kahuku beating St Louis, though I would like them to. Can anyone tell me why/how Kahuku is ranked ahead of St Louis? (Again, I'm glad they are, but it simply seems to me that St Louis is better, especially on offense. I don't see how Kahuku can overcome St Louis' pass game).

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Huh? Well those rankings are from the preseason and more than a month ago already.

Although Kahuku's QB did get hurt against Aiea