unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by Neighbor »

YES! I'm just happy Kamehameha won cause I chose them in the pick 'em thread

TheKrew808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by TheKrew808 »

In the last 3 games St. Louis hasn't been 100% tuitele DT out on elbow. Taliulu OLB with the mumps, Kaneshiro CB out school reasons. Kekahuna Slot High ankle sprain. Feary OLB ejection and foot injury. Feary and kai return for this game. Taliulu and tosh might make it back If they do this will be a smash!! If St. Louis D is all healed up and healthy Even the OIA will not have a chance.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Kai coming back would be great. Feary played against Pun last week. Taliulu would be great also but luckily STL is deep at LB, Botelho stepping up big time. Reeeaally hope Tuitele can make it back healthy. His absence is definetly noticed. I hadn’t heard Tosh was injured till I noticed I didn’t hear his name at the game last week. Hope he makes it back as well. But luckily STL is deep at receiver as well.

TheKrew808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by TheKrew808 »

Yes it will be good to have Kai back! Feary's broken foot is now at 3 weeks so he gets another shot with Lokahi who he had it out with and
Got his ejection from. Tui has a cast on and practiced today. What should be Kams game plan? I would probably try to throw the ball. Pop Shannon in here and there. Gonna really be hard to establish the run against STL.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

I’m thinking Yam is as confident as ever so they will throw. But if Kai is back and that 123 punch is back in the secondary, Kama, Isaiah and Kai it will be tougher for Kam.

Man Crusaders showing heart and pulling off the win against Narbonne, win vs Kam and Pun now coming off a bye?? I’m so excited for this game. We usually see fireworks from STL at the ILH title game and I’m expecting no different, maybe even more against Kam.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:05 pm I’m thinking Yam is as confident as ever so they will throw. But if Kai is back and that 123 punch is back in the secondary, Kama, Isaiah and Kai it will be tougher for Kam.

Man Crusaders showing heart and pulling off the win against Narbonne, win vs Kam and Pun now coming off a bye?? I’m so excited for this game. We usually see fireworks from STL at the ILH title game and I’m expecting no different, maybe even more against Kam.
KSK’s defense did struggle throughout the 1st 3 quarters against us and probably would’ve struggled more had we not self-destructed out of frustration. The question is: if Kamehameha is threatening SLS, can SLS keep their cool?

With the year we experienced, we were in no position to beat the same team 3 times. But I think SLS will take KSK way more seriously than we did last night.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:27 pm
genks wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:05 pm I’m thinking Yam is as confident as ever so they will throw. But if Kai is back and that 123 punch is back in the secondary, Kama, Isaiah and Kai it will be tougher for Kam.

KSK’s defense did struggle throughout the 1st 3 quarters against us and probably would’ve struggled more had we not self-destructed out of frustration. The question is: if Kamehameha is threatening SLS, can SLS keep their cool?

With the year we experienced, we were in no position to beat the same team 3 times. But I think SLS will take KSK way more seriously than we did last night.
Here’s where the value of the Narbonne game comes in. I’m glad they had to come from behind and managed to win. They know they have what it takes to pull together and fight back against a very tough team. I do feel the Crusaders will be fine if they fall behind. I’d be more nervous if they had just dominated all season and cruised past everyone. You know the test is coming sooner or later. STL passed their 1st test this year.

STL will definetly take Kam very seriously. No matter how bad of a season Pun had, it’s still a big upset. STL had the benefit of seeing that play out and knows Kam is very capable.

My guess, STL not coming just to win, they coming for a fight. If Kam doesn’t match that, they get ran over.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:12 pm
genks wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:01 pm @gopunahou your team showed heart this season and never quit. Great job

Warrior is on the menu now, Let’s Go Crusaders!!!
Thanks man. At least we ain't losing to you guys 3 times in a year. That's never happened to a Punahou team.

Sucks to lose to Kamehameha but hats off to them and Abu, who is one of the nicest men you'll ever meet (knew him myself). As ecstatic as Kamehameha is, they are lucky that they haven't had it worse--they didn't struggle as much as we did between the time Jason Ching, Afatia Thompson, Noah King, Tafiti Uso, Danny Makainai, and Wes Pratt left the program and the year we snapped your guys' streak of ILH titles (2005). For my sake (and Kamehameha's) I hope it won't be another 19 years where St. Louis dominates the ILH. Anyway, as much as KSK has struggled ever since 2013, at least there weren't years that they lost to Iolani (like we did on an annual basis between 1997 and 2001). They've now got what it takes to make the ILH a true big three. I sure hope that we revert to the team we were between 1997 and 2004.

I don't think that'll happen, either, since there is the talent. If Maninoa, Marist, and Kaulana show great leadership, if our QB (whether it be Hugh or Lohgan) makes smart decisions, and if next year's seniors can make their last chance count, we can do great things and give St. Louis as great of a challenge as they've faced in 2015 and 2016.

As high as Kamehameha is riding, I don't like their chances against a St. Louis team coming off a bye and playing for all of the marbles. 35-14, SLS.
@gopunahou: Well, Kamehameha finally has the monkey off their backs, finally beating Punahou after some five years. As for Kamehameha's prospects for next year? Not too good. They lose both Yam and Shannon, and that's about 90% of their O. I think Punahou will beat them next year, since they have better QBs returning, for one thing. Yeah, Kamehameha is riding high right now, but I don't think they'll get past St Louis next game.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

TheKrew808 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:40 am In the last 3 games St. Louis hasn't been 100% tuitele DT out on elbow. Taliulu OLB with the mumps, Kaneshiro CB out school reasons. Kekahuna Slot High ankle sprain. Feary OLB ejection and foot injury. Feary and kai return for this game. Taliulu and tosh might make it back If they do this will be a smash!! If St. Louis D is all healed up and healthy Even the OIA will not have a chance.
@TheKrew808: Well, I don't think you can count Kahuku out. For one, they can run the ball better than St Louis, and lately their pass game has been getting hot. You also have to factor-in Kahuku's D, which is almost as good as St Louis'.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

TheKrew808 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:10 pm Yes it will be good to have Kai back! Feary's broken foot is now at 3 weeks so he gets another shot with Lokahi who he had it out with and
Got his ejection from. Tui has a cast on and practiced today. What should be Kams game plan? I would probably try to throw the ball. Pop Shannon in here and there. Gonna really be hard to establish the run against STL.
@TheKrew808: But I think Kamehameha has to establish the run, or at least try. They've got a huge O-line and a good RB in Shannon. At the very least, Kamehameha should go about 50-50 run and pass, as this year they've got a decent pass game. That way, St Louis can't key only on the run or the pass. That should keep St Louis' D guessing a little more.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@genks: Why more against Kamehameha? Seems that St Louis' biggest rivalry is with Punahou.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@gopunahou: I think Punahou did take Kamehameha seriously. After all, they won by only 4 last time, and they had to come from behind to do it. I don't think that was lost on Punahou. Kamehameha beat them fair and square, even with Punahou starting QB Barber playing the entire game. I think the play that broke them was when the Kamehameha D-lineman deflected Barber's pass out of the end zone at the 5, then caught it in the end zone for a TD. That would break any team's back, especially when it happens kind of late in the game. Punahou never recovered, though I give them credit for scoring the last TD with seconds left. But really, it doesn't really matter that Kamehameha won. After all, they'll lose to St Louis next week. So, all that really happened is that Kamehameha's season will have lasted one week longer than Punahou's. Both teams' seasons will have ended; neither team is going to States.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Here’s where the value of the Narbonne game comes in. I’m glad they had to come from behind and managed to win. They know they have what it takes to pull together and fight back against a very tough team. I do feel the Crusaders will be fine if they fall behind. I’d be more nervous if they had just dominated all season and cruised past everyone. You know the test is coming sooner or later. STL passed their 1st test this year.

STL will definetly take Kam very seriously. No matter how bad of a season Pun had, it’s still a big upset. STL had the benefit of seeing that play out and knows Kam is very capable.

My guess, STL not coming just to win, they coming for a fight. If Kam doesn’t match that, they get ran over.
@genks: I doubt that St Louis will fall behind at any point during the game. St Louis' O and D are superior to Kamehameha's. Even if St Louis does fall behind, their quick-strike pass game will enable them to regain the lead. Also, I don't think Kamehameha's win over Punahou was a big upset. Remember, Punahou beat them by only 4 the last time they played, and had to come from behind to do it. Kamehameha beat Punahou by having a pass game that was better than I expected, but even more so, I think Kamehameha's D had the biggest role in the win. OK, Kamehameha is capable, but not capable enough to beat St Louis. The only way Kamehameha wins is if St Louis' O has a super-lousy game. I believe Kamehameha is just as big and physical as St Louis, but I would give St Louis a slight edge in talent. I think the premier match-up for the upcoming game is Kamehameha's O-line vs St Louis' D-line.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:23 pm

@genks: Why more against Kamehameha? Seems that St Louis' biggest rivalry is with Punahou.
I feel like they were happy to beat Kam last timeand welcomed the bye after Punahou. But I feel like this week they are looking back and not satisfied with their performance. Kam may have breathed new life into their team with breaking the losing streak but I think they also woke my boys up and they are excited to face the Kam team that accomplished a great feat.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:29 pm

@gopunahou: I think Punahou did take Kamehameha seriously. After all, they won by only 4 last time, and they had to come from behind to do it. I don't think that was lost on Punahou. Kamehameha beat them fair and square, even with Punahou starting QB Barber playing the entire game. I think the play that broke them was when the Kamehameha D-lineman deflected Barber's pass out of the end zone at the 5, then caught it in the end zone for a TD. That would break any team's back, especially when it happens kind of late in the game. Punahou never recovered, though I give them credit for scoring the last TD with seconds left. But really, it doesn't really matter that Kamehameha won. After all, they'll lose to St Louis next week. So, all that really happened is that Kamehameha's season will have lasted one week longer than Punahou's. Both teams' seasons will have ended; neither team is going to States.
I assume maybe he means morale. Morale can turn coming to win into I hope to win. That can make a huge difference.