unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
genks
Starter
Starter

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by genks »

Dog 96707 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:44 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:38 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 pm

@gopunahou: Well, goes to show how far Hawaii teams have to go. But really, let's give Kahuku credit. For all of St Louis' receivers and passing, Kahuku still had their number until the last 37 seconds of the state Open title game. St Louis was lucky to win, but I'm fairly certain that if Kahuku plays St Louis again next year, Kahuku will make them pay.
Mater Dei just clobbered De La Salle. Some are saying they fielded the greatest HS team of all time. I'd love to see St. Louis play De La Salle this year to see how they'd measure up against MD. As for MD, I would've loved to see them play our 2013 team or the 1994 St. Louis (two of the most balanced teams in HS football history).
This years Mater Dei team would demolish this years Stl team, probably wouldn't be close. Not taking anything away from Stl, they're hands down the best team in the state this year. But MD got crazy talent, I mean crazy. When you got 10 of 11 on offense with D1 offers, the #1 ranked qb in the nation (only a jr), #1 ranked wr in the nation, #1 ranked lb in the nation.... That's talent, and they're a well coached team also. Again, not taking anything away from this years Stl team, they have some talent too, just not at the same level as MD.
That 1994 Stl team, might be the best ever. I'm a few years younger, and was at another hs lol, but I remember watching them play. Big time talent!! 3 players (Kruetz, Fuamatu-Maafala and Raiola) from 1 team to not only get to the league, but have pretty solid careers. A lot of schools have had great competitive teams, im sure. But on talent alone, that 1994 Stl team is hard to beat
I saw Mater Dei play on tv, they looked like a college team. Very impressive, and STL would not be competitive against them this year.