Shouldn't OIA homers stop playing the victim

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HaterOfElitists
High-quality H20 provider

Shouldn't OIA homers stop playing the victim

Post by HaterOfElitists »

Some OIA fans are decent human beings and don't play the victim. But those who do and blame the ILH for everything that's kaka in their lives are destroying high school sports here. Just read the comments in star advertiser articles disagreeing with Fred Lewis and Dave Reardon.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Shouldn't OIA homers stop playing the victim

Post by Markeke »

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

HaterOfElitists wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:25 pm Some OIA fans are decent human beings and don't play the victim. But those who do and blame the ILH for everything that's kaka in their lives are destroying high school sports here. Just read the comments in star advertiser articles disagreeing with Fred Lewis and Dave Reardon.
@HaterOfElitists: This thread is old, but I was intrigued by its title, so I thought I'd look at it. I guess I kind of agree with you, though I also understand the frustration that OIA-school alumni likely have about ILH schools like St Louis and Punahou. To perfectly honest, I don't exactly love those two schools, either. Nonetheless, you're right: It's pretty extreme for adults like us to blame problems in our lives on ILH schools. High school sports really need to be kept in perspective. Having said that, there are times that I could probably do a better job of taking my own advice. I sometimes have very adverse feelings about Punahou's and St Louis' athletic teams. Not because of the players so much, as about the schools they're representing.

ka'ahupahau706

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:12 pm
HaterOfElitists wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:25 pm Some OIA fans are decent human beings and don't play the victim. But those who do and blame the ILH for everything that's kaka in their lives are destroying high school sports here. Just read the comments in star advertiser articles disagreeing with Fred Lewis and Dave Reardon.
@HaterOfElitists: This thread is old, but I was intrigued by its title, so I thought I'd look at it. I guess I kind of agree with you, though I also understand the frustration that OIA-school alumni likely have about ILH schools like St Louis and Punahou. To perfectly honest, I don't exactly love those two schools, either. Nonetheless, you're right: It's pretty extreme for adults like us to blame problems in our lives on ILH schools. High school sports really need to be kept in perspective. Having said that, there are times that I could probably do a better job of taking my own advice. I sometimes have very adverse feelings about Punahou's and St Louis' athletic teams. Not because of the players so much, as about the schools they're representing.
What do you mean by "the schools they're representing?"

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 am
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:12 pm
What do you mean by "the schools they're representing?"
@ka'ahupahau706: Well, let's say I'm watching a vars football game, and I school that I don't like is playing. I don't really have anything against their players, as they're just playing the game as best they can. But, I still want them to lose, not because I don't like them; they're just kids, and I probably won't even know any of them personally on top of that. But, because they're playing for a school I don't like, I want them to lose. That's what I mean. It's nothing personal against the players themselves.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

The last thing this board needs is people blaming other people, school(s), or leagues for everything that's (in HOE's words) kaka in their lives.

@ HS FB Fanatic, don't you remember a certain Donald Trump-loving poster who blamed my school and Obama/liberals for everything that was kaka in his life? He single-handedly got the board suspended for a week in 2013.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HaterOfElitists

Post by HaterOfElitists »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 pm The last thing this board needs is people blaming other people, school(s), or leagues for everything that's (in HOE's words) kaka in their lives.

@ HS FB Fanatic, don't you remember a certain Donald Trump-loving poster who blamed my school and Obama/liberals for everything that was kaka in his life? He single-handedly got the board suspended for a week in 2013.
You must be talking about Infidel. He's probably found a political board to go and spew his racism and admiration if Donald Trump.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 pm The last thing this board needs is people blaming other people, school(s), or leagues for everything that's (in HOE's words) kaka in their lives.

@gopunahou: Actually I don't, because I don't think I was even on this message-board until perhaps a year(?) later. However, over the years since, I've noticed that every now and then you'd vent about someone whom I think is a '79 St Louis alumnus. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:55 pm

@gopunahou: Actually I don't, because I don't think I was even on this message-board until perhaps a year(?) later. However, over the years since, I've noticed that every now and then you'd vent about someone whom I think is a '79 St Louis alumnus. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
HS FB Fanatic and HOE, yes Infidel is the one I'm talking about. He says he's a St. Louis graduate but also an Iolani parent. He seems to like Iolani more than STL and was the reason I hated Iolani as much as I did between 2008-2011 (I remember calling them the evil empire before realizing that I was letting one disgusting human being shape my opinion of a whole school). He probably hasn't posted because he's busy doing Trump's laundry on other boards.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:30 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:55 pm

HS FB Fanatic and HOE, yes Infidel is the one I'm talking about. He says he's a St. Louis graduate but also an Iolani parent. He seems to like Iolani more than STL and was the reason I hated Iolani as much as I did between 2008-2011 (I remember calling them the evil empire before realizing that I was letting one disgusting human being shape my opinion of a whole school). He probably hasn't posted because he's busy doing Trump's laundry on other boards.
@gopunahou: Well, I suppose it's only natural for a parent to support his kid's school more than his own alma mater. Having said that, I don't care a whole lot for Iolani, either, though I'm getting kind of soft on them because their football team suffered its third loss this past Friday. Also, their girls' volleyball team, which had been ranked #1 in the state, lost to Kamehameha, also this past Friday. So, Iolani had to eat humble pie in football and girls' volleyball. Suddenly I seem to dislike them less than I did, say, a month ago.