OIA Schedule Unfair?

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

OIA Schedule Unfair?

Post by politclyincrekt »

From the Star-Advertiser: http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/06/0 ... 2763add444

With a lack of officials, midweek games can't be avoided. But it seems some schools have 4 whole others have one or none. What do you think? Favoritism or just unfortunate?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: OIA Schedule Unfair?

Post by My3Cats »

They certainly could have done a much better job on the scheduling effort. Makes it look unfair.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

At first, I was gonna say it's dumb that they made teams travel so far on those days. I think only two or three of those games the teams only have to travel half the island instead of the whole island. But I think that's just an issue as a whole of having the Red and Blue divisions instead of East vs. West. But now OIA is blocking the Open Division? Damn. How much of a power struggle is it

tinkersocial
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by tinkersocial »

It is purely the OIA and their outdated, prehistoric ways of thinking and leadership.
A new breed of leadership needs to be in place to encourage leadership that encourages collaboration, creativity, and outside the box thinking.

As a current coach and educator in the DOE system, I cannot fathom why people tend to ignore the lack of sound leadership decisions to deliver SOLUTIONS
to problems.

The lack of OIA refs is a prime example. The amount of red tape and lack of a leadership plan to market and increase the SUPPLY of Refs to meet the DEMAND of Refs needed to play ALL games on Friday and Saturday is beyond me. And yes...as a former High School Football Coach these games must be played on Friday and Saturday for safety reasons. Football requires proper preparation, training, and recover time at the High School level.

Once again, I challenge Hawaii DOE leadership (principals) to infuse new, young innovative leadership thinkers and problem solvers to solve these issues with better collaboration, creativity, and innovation (thinking outside the box to figure what's best for our student-athletes)!!

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

Honestly, I would have made teams play on Monday instead of Wednesday and Thursday. So each week would play from Friday to Monday. A Monday to Friday stretch sounds much easier than a Saturday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Friday/Saturday.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Aside from scheduling, very excited to see how Coach Johnson at Campbell and Coach Hao at Castle do this year.