Vavae Tata out as Kahuku's HC

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Vavae Tata out as Kahuku's HC

Post by Irse »

That's surprising.
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Irse wrote:That's surprising.
I'm not surprised considering how the tenures of the past few head coaches ended, either from the community input or the school administrators. At least St. Louis has another HC candidate if Cal Lee retires.

ainoa808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ainoa808 »

"Apparently, according to multiple sources, Tata did not go into the locker room at halftime of that game for adjustments, did not speak with the team after the game and has been on many trips to the mainland and not concentrating on his duties as the head coach."

http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... at-kahuku/

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

ainoa808 wrote:"Apparently, according to multiple sources, Tata did not go into the locker room at halftime of that game for adjustments, did not speak with the team after the game and has been on many trips to the mainland and not concentrating on his duties as the head coach."

That's not good and doesn't reflect well on him.
ImageImage

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

I think he has set his sights on bigger things. Heard he was applying for jobs on the mainland. I was surprised he came back for year 2. IMO, he is a college level coach that couldn't coach college because of his actions, so he came to a great HS program and did great things. Good luck to him and good luck to Kahuku.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

ainoa808 wrote:"Apparently, according to multiple sources, Tata did not go into the locker room at halftime of that game for adjustments, did not speak with the team after the game and has been on many trips to the mainland and not concentrating on his duties as the head coach."

This is just unbelievable and I'd like to know the validity of this statement.

But now everyone else is reporting that what the Advertiser is reporting is not true. We'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Fake news is the new norm.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Markeke wrote:Fake news is the new norm.
Alternative facts

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@ainoa808: Well, if the prepworld claim is true that he didn't go to the locker-room for adjustments, that might possibly have cost Kahuku the game (and title). I still think Kahuku was/is the better team. If Tata had been there to make adjustments, especially on D (regarding containing Tagovailoa), it's quite possible that the trophy would be in Kahuku's display case. Of course, the prep football season is long over, but Kahuku alumni can get on the basketball team's bandwagon. Most polls have them ranked #1 in the state, and they won the OIA D1 title just last night by beating Kapolei in the championship game. (As for St Louis' basketball team, their season ended last night as well, having lost to Iolani in an ILH D1 elimination game).

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:

@ainoa808: Well, if the prepworld claim is true that he didn't go to the locker-room for adjustments, that might possibly have cost Kahuku the game (and title). I still think Kahuku was/is the better team. If Tata had been there to make adjustments, especially on D (regarding containing Tagovailoa), it's quite possible that the trophy would be in Kahuku's display case. Of course, the prep football season is long over, but Kahuku alumni can get on the basketball team's bandwagon. Most polls have them ranked #1 in the state, and they won the OIA D1 title just last night by beating Kapolei in the championship game. (As for St Louis' basketball team, their season ended last night as well, having lost to Iolani in an ILH D1 elimination game).
Damn dude, get over it.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

EITSwarrior wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:

Damn dude, get over it.
@EITSwarrior: Get over what? Yes, while I think Kahuku was the better team, St Louis did win the game and the title. I'm not denying that. I'm not trying to re-write history.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Yes, you're not denying it. Or trying to rewrite it. I never accused you of doing either. But you keep bringing it up like a jilted scorned lover. Move on.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

EITSwarrior wrote:Yes, you're not denying it. Or trying to rewrite it. I never accused you of doing either. But you keep bringing it up like a jilted scorned lover. Move on.
Is that not the topic that's being discussed here

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I think HS Football Fanatic is struggling to cope with the possibility that Tata quit on his players in the championship game, as the SA article that touched on this seems to suggest.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!