Wrestling 2016 *wrestling and speculation - (no more bitching & moaning)

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Wrestling 2016 *wrestling and speculation - (no more bitching & moaning)

Post by Kama »

I was told Paige and Zion from Kamehameha are going to have a wrestle off to see who stays at 138 and the loser goes to 145.

We shall see on Saturday.

clappingforyou
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by clappingforyou »

twnoexcuses wrote:
clappingforyou wrote:sounds like the last 6 posts were bitching and moaning if you ask me.
WRONG!

They were bithching, but not moaning. Moaning would be just sounds without words. I didn't read any sounds. So, YOU ARE WRONG!

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, not right, wrong!

Somebody call the fire department, cause i just got burned! you sir, is who im clapping for.

Ramashack
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Ramashack »

Kama wrote:I was told Paige and Zion from Kamehameha are going to have a wrestle off to see who stays at 138 and the loser goes to 145.

We shall see on Saturday.
The fact that it got to this point means there's at least a little friction, the frosh not making way for the veteran (SR?), but otherwise, I'm sure there are many coaches who would love to have this problem.

HawaiiWrestlingFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HawaiiWrestlingFan »

haven't heard much from Ruiz, thought he would be dominating the 138/145 competition for sure this year.

wrestlingfan_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wrestlingfan_808 »

HawaiiWrestlingFan wrote:haven't heard much from Ruiz, thought he would be dominating the 138/145 competition for sure this year.
Ruiz tore his acl at the maui invitational

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

HawaiiPrepWorld reported that Teniya Alo weighed in at 132.1 lbs. for a mini tourney match.

Wonder if she recalculated on a weight decent plan??

Hawaiianeye
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaiianeye »

Don t know about Teniyas decent plan, but do know she bumped up to 145 to wrestle Peralta. What a great challenge and an outstanding match by both girls. Left no doubt that Teniya is the number ONE p4p.

clappingforyou
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by clappingforyou »

Surprised that Peralta didn't bump up to 155 to avoid this match. Don't they train at the same club together?

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

Hawaiianeye wrote:Don t know about Teniyas decent plan, but do know she bumped up to 145 to wrestle Peralta. What a great challenge and an outstanding match by both girls. Left no doubt that Teniya is the number ONE p4p.
Wassup and Happy New Year to all of the wrestling rejects and knuckleheads hanging out here!

The Alo - Peralta match reminded me of Russey and Nunes except nobody got knocked out or got paid. They should have gotten at least a free drink considering the rest of the tournament SUCKED BIG TIME!!!

The ref slapped Peralta with 3 stalling calls in the first period for holding on to Alo's shins and ankles to avoid giving up the escape. It changed the way Peralta wrestled the match.

If thats a stall then Corbett should have lost to Pascua in the finals last year for holding on to his ankles. Going back in history Jason Spiker should have won against Jordan Ng for holding on to his ankles for an entire 3rd period. As usual a Hawaii ref makes calls that no other ref is making.

I heard the KAM tournament sucked as well. Everything SUCKS!

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

wrestling808 wrote:
Hawaiianeye wrote:Don t know about Teniyas decent plan, but do know she bumped up to 145 to wrestle Peralta. What a great challenge and an outstanding match by both girls. Left no doubt that Teniya is the number ONE p4p.
Wassup and Happy New Year to all of the wrestling rejects and knuckleheads hanging out here!

The Alo - Peralta match reminded me of Russey and Nunes except nobody got knocked out or got paid. They should have gotten at least a free drink considering the rest of the tournament SUCKED BIG TIME!!!

The ref slapped Peralta with 3 stalling calls in the first period for holding on to Alo's shins and ankles to avoid giving up the escape. It changed the way Peralta wrestled the match.

If thats a stall then Corbett should have lost to Pascua in the finals last year for holding on to his ankles. Going back in history Jason Spiker should have won against Jordan Ng for holding on to his ankles for an entire 3rd period. As usual a Hawaii ref makes calls that no other ref is making.

Who was the ref? Monopoly Man?

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

twnoexcuses wrote:
wrestling808 wrote:

Who was the ref? Monopoly Man?

Nah it wasn't Mr. Monopoly. This dudes been around for a while, clean cut, black hair, not fat (Ikaika haha!) in his early 40's, 5'7 or so, and white. Can I say white or is it light skinned? Don't want to upset the BLM popos.

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

Top 3 weight class list anyone? We are only a couple weeks out from the end of the regular season, so might as well make some predictions. Feel free to add up to top 6(state placers) if you want. I will only include top 3 unless it seems like there's not much separation or If I'm not sure who to include. Boys fist, then I will get to girls unless someone else wants to get the ball rolling.

106- Torigoe(IOL)
113- Terukina(KSK), Pagurayan(KPO), Obra-Nakata(DMN)
120- Cabanban(STL), Pagurayan(KPO), Garcia(MOA), Nitta(MIL), Stalcup(LEI)
126- Santos(CAM), Estrella(LAH), Stefanelli(PUN), Ursua(STL), Nardi(BAL)
132- Terukina(CAM), Tavares(RAD), Tadaki(CAS), Freitas(PC)
138- Fong(P5), Keliinoi(WAN), Pangelinan(CAM), Arecchi(DMN), Manley(MOL), Wusstig(MOA)
145- Mimura(P5), Tampos(WAP), Carreiro(WAN)
152- Cooper(PC), Suzuki-Scott(KSK), Angelo(IOL), Mair(KAS)
160- Burgos(AIE), Boland(DMN), Takenaka(IOL)
170- Pascua(IOL), Respicio(CAM), Kikuyama(PC), Oyadomari(KPO), Gouveia(BAL)
182- Bito(MOA), Mussel(P5), Lelesh(KIL), Wright(CAM), Barefoot(LEI), Whitehead(KAH)
195- Ferreira(BAL), Sotoa(KPO)
220- Tynanes(CAM), Fautanu(STF), Kaahanui(MOL)
285- Yamashiro(IOL), Feitosa(BAL), Alo(KAH)

Not much to go on for 106, so I don't want to venture a guess except to know its Torigoe's to lose. 195 is similar. Pretty sure Dano(KSK) dropped to 182. Thoughts, insights?

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

It's good to see Pascual and Cabanban switch places on the P4P boys ranking. It isn't because Pascual isn't worthy, but rather both deserve to be #1. So it's only fair that they split time at the top.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

The HPW forums are a buzz with Alo staying at 145 to wrestle with Peralta at states. I would have figured Alo would have dropped back to 127 and have an easy time at at another title. But I've gotta give Alo credit going after the toughest opponent she could find in Peralta. It will be the most epic girls final in Hawaii history.

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

Kama wrote:The HPW forums are a buzz with Alo staying at 145 to wrestle with Peralta at states. I would have figured Alo would have dropped back to 127 and have an easy time at at another title. But I've gotta give Alo credit going after the toughest opponent she could find in Peralta. It will be the most epic girls final in Hawaii history.
I don't think Alo can beat Peralta twice more. I don't think she'll try.