Wrestling 2016 *wrestling and speculation - (no more bitching & moaning)

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
BrofessorX
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Wrestling 2016 *wrestling and speculation - (no more bitching & moaning)

Post by BrofessorX »

_sportcourt wrote:
clappingforyou wrote:
Kama wrote:Misake resigns as Campbell head coach. Coach Santos takes over top position. Happened on Monday.
Is this confirmed? I wonder what the reason would be for a resignation?

Misaki was sinking the ship...he left nothing in the tank. Really had no choice but to retire to give the impression he was a great coach

I've said it for a while but never thought he would bail to keep his rep alive
Misaki did as well if not better than his predecessor. At the very least he kept the ship afloat. Lool at Punahou after Oney and Jimmy left if you wanna talk about a sinking ship.

clappingforyou
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by clappingforyou »

_sportcourt wrote:
clappingforyou wrote:
Kama wrote:Misake resigns as Campbell head coach. Coach Santos takes over top position. Happened on Monday.

Misaki was sinking the ship...he left nothing in the tank. Really had no choice but to retire to give the impression he was a great coach

On the menu tonight: salty balls

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

wrestling808
High-quality H20 provider

Post by wrestling808 »

talloola25 wrote:Check out the 117 lb weight class.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Fe ... ahoma-City

117 pounds
Macey Kilty (Team Wisconsin) won by fall over Savannah Bush (NB Elite) Fall 1:55
Nanea Estrella (Team Estrella) won by fall over autumn flanigan (GForce Elite) Fall 3:18
Alyssa Waller (Virginia Women`s National Team) won by fall over Anja Tshohl (Team Kansas) Fall 1:14
Ngao Shoua Whitethorn (Minnesota Storm) won by fall over Mary Harrell (Eierman Elite Wrestling) Fall 0:26

Nice to see Estrella competing nationally. If she plans on wrestling in college, she needs to compete in freestyle events.
* US Open / Las Vegas - April 25
* Womens Bodybar / Irving TX. - May 19
* Pocatello Nationals / Pocatello, ID. - June 6
* Fargo National Championships / Fargo, ND - July 14

Team Hawaii is ramping up early this year at AMR. They have wrestlers going to all events above and a few will be attending the RENO open.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

wrestling808 wrote:

117 pounds
Macey Kilty (Team Wisconsin) won by fall over Savannah Bush (NB Elite) Fall 1:55
Nanea Estrella (Team Estrella) won by fall over autumn flanigan (GForce Elite) Fall 3:18
Alyssa Waller (Virginia Women`s National Team) won by fall over Anja Tshohl (Team Kansas) Fall 1:14
Ngao Shoua Whitethorn (Minnesota Storm) won by fall over Mary Harrell (Eierman Elite Wrestling) Fall 0:26

Nice to see Estrella competing nationally. If she plans on wrestling in college, she needs to compete in freestyle events.

Team Hawaii is ramping up early this year at AMR. They have wrestlers going to all events above and a few will be attending the RENO open.

Is Estrella graduating?

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

Kama wrote:
wrestling808 wrote:

117 pounds

Is Estrella graduating?
No, she was a freshman this year I believe.

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

BrofessorX wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:21 pm
_sportcourt wrote:
clappingforyou wrote:

Misaki did as well if not better than his predecessor. At the very least he kept the ship afloat. Lool at Punahou after Oney and Jimmy left if you wanna talk about a sinking ship.
To compare Punahou to Campbell doesn't work. Oney and company won 7 straight state titles to Misaki's 0.

Oney and company sailed into the sunset with their heads held high! Campbell's ship the S.S. EWA BEACH sank.

sharkbait
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by sharkbait »

wrestling808 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:20 pm
BrofessorX wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:21 pm
_sportcourt wrote:

To compare Punahou to Campbell doesn't work. Oney and company won 7 straight state titles to Misaki's 0.

Oney and company sailed into the sunset with their heads held high! Campbell's ship the S.S. EWA BEACH sank.
Could it be that they are trying to compare Campbell with Buelow to Oneys Punahou team and Campbell after Buelow with Misaki? Campbell in its current state vs Punahou in its current state, but Mark B. was no Oney...

HawaiiWrestlingFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HawaiiWrestlingFan »

talloola25 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:40 pm
Kama wrote:
talloola25 wrote: I hope Ruiz doesn't come back if he's not ready to go. I know it's his senior year and he wants to get that title, but if it costs him more in the long run I hope he doesn't. I love his style and appreciate his drive, but his style lends himself to a higher chance for re-injury I think. I will be excited to see him wrestle if he comes back, but hopeful that he his fully rehabbed.
What kind of injury is Ruiz rehabing from?
I don't want to say and not be 100% correct, and I don't think its my place to do so anyways. Either way, I hope he is fit to compete if he does. He is an amazing athlete and a lot of fun to watch. He will definitely challenge for the title if healthy.

On a different note, I looked through the ILH brackets and would like to share a couple of nuggets(sorry, I like numbers).

6 weight classes qualify all entries, 3 qualify all but 1, 3 qualify all but 2, 2 qualify all but 3. That means that 54/69 or 78% of the entries. The girls qualify on 3 in each weight class and have 8 that autoqualify the whole bracket. They qualify 34/40 eligible wrestlers or 85%.

By contrast the OIA boys will qualify 83/163 wrestlers or 51% of entries, with one weight qualifying all wrestlers. Girls will qualify 95 of 134 girls or 70% with 2 weights qualifying everyone.

Take from these what you will. . .
If anyone even still reads this, it was a Torn Left ACL that I suffered on Day 2 in the Maui tournament a month and a half before State. Only too than dislocate my arm one week before state. But happy to have jus wrestled my last year with 0 regrets, major respect to the pagarayan for trying to battle with his foot injury, as a wrestler with a drive like that you realize that pain is only temporary, and the pride lasts forever.