June Jones new A.D. at St. Louis

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: June Jones new A.D. at St. Louis

Post by University Ave »

TheKrew808 wrote:.jones was already at St. Louis last year helping..He was waiting for Hawaii to
Pick him which they didn't..he then ask Cal for a coaching spot..Tuas dad heard of this and asked him to take over his job at kapolei for a year so he could concentrate on Tuas recruiting. Nalu supposed to go back this year but heard they might move hmmmm maybe to Alabama or Utah...this was always only gonna be a one year deal at kapolei..
Yea I would see JJ on the St Louis sideline all the time, there was definitely something arranged there. But it would make good sense if the Tagovailoa's moved with Tua. Taulia has two more years of high school and would do well on the mainland. Would be great for the family to be around both sons playing. Good opportunity for Taulia to feel out Bama for himself. Just makes sense.

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Baller Hawk wrote:Unreal... The definition of DISLOYAL some people never change... typical HAOLE style they only care about themselves.. Im so sick of hearing about this guy. Isn't everyone else? He said he wanted to coach Kapolei because he wanted to help "teach and mold" Taulia Tagovailoa... imagine how Taulia feels? Same way the state of Hawaii felt when he bolted for SMU. Hawaii should be fed up with his BS. I dont mind people going for better opportunities. But dont feed the state and the kids LIES. Just tell the truth. I want to coach to get back into it. UH knows the scum that i am and wont take me back, SMU wont take me back,theres no way i get into the NFL so thats why im coaching at kapolei... But dont use the kids cause in the end the young kids at kapolei just got a dose of what the entire state dealt with in 2007. Local people know better. Thats why the saying goes, dont trust a haole cause at the end of the day they don't care about anyone else but themselves.
@Baller Hawk: Well, you were really blunt. So, he's bad enough at coaching that he wouldn't get a college HC position? I'm not trying to challenge you; it's just that I was under the impression that he was a pretty good coach. Well, if what you're saying about his "style" is true, I wonder how St Louis alumni feel about him being at St Louis now. This might be another reason why Lee and Jones might clash. Lee is about as local as you can get: Born and raised here, Kalani grad, even ran for OHA. Hope there'll be no tensions. I'd like to think the best of Jones; I'm sure he doesn't dislike locals. Didn't he like that female UH volleyball player, the local girl who's a Kamehameha alumna? Had that Hawaiian last-name that starts with a "K."
She was actually born in Charleston, South Carolina. Came to Kamehameha High School after earning all-state honors (1996) at Coronado High School in Lubbock, Texas.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Baller Hawk wrote:@HS Football Fanatic - Isn't Saint Louis keeping their AD? They are just making another spot for JJ?
I bet Saint Louis is just locking JJ up and keeping him on the back burner until Cal Lee retires. The other thing I bet is that JJ is there more for Football recruiting purposes than anything else. If there is one thing that JJ is good at besides breaking promises to the people of Hawaii is recruiting. I bet his number 1 job there for now while Cal Lee is still the coach is to recruit the Kahuku QB Sol Jay Maiava and bring him to SL....
@Baller Hawk: Interesting observations! You're very astute. Yes, I heard that St Louis is keeping AD Okamura. Apparently St Louis is indeed manufacturing a position out of thin air for Jones. I mean, everyone knows that Lee had been recruiting since the mid-'80s. So, perhaps when Lee retires, Jones will already be at St Louis, and Jones would just slide into the HC position? But frankly, I think this was lame on St Louis' part. I don't think they had to manufacture this new position for Jones. Why waste the money? As I had mentioned in a previous post, only Kamehameha has money for that. When Lee retires, then St Louis should go after Jones. If Jones won't accept, name Tufaga as HC. Presumably, Tufaga will recruit just as Lee did.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

TheKrew808 wrote:.jones was already at St. Louis last year helping..He was waiting for Hawaii to
Pick him which they didn't..he then ask Cal for a coaching spot..Tuas dad heard of this and asked him to take over his job at kapolei for a year so he could concentrate on Tuas recruiting. Nalu supposed to go back this year but heard they might move hmmmm maybe to Alabama or Utah...this was always only gonna be a one year deal at kapolei..
@TheKrew808: What made Jones think UH would pick him for HC again, when he screwed UH in the butt by defecting to SMU?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

My3Cats wrote:JJ doing fundraising with the St Louis alumni and local businesses? I don't know. Maybe he might have changed his personality? Someone who is a long time member of Na Koa told met years ago that JJ was a really arrogant man. We'll see. Hope for the best for St Louis. I don't see any clash with Cal Lee and JJ. If Cal didn't want JJ the deal would have never happened. I think that this position is for a head coach in waiting type of situation.
@My3Cats: I certainly hope Jones did change his personality. After all, St Louis, I think, is a very "local" school. You figure the vast majority of St Louis alumni are local, and are therefore "local" in outlook. If that Na Koa member was correct about Jones being arrogant, Jones isn't going to raise a lot of money from the alumni. I still think St Louis has made things a lot more complicated than they have to be. Simply wait 'til Lee retires, and when he does, then go after Jones. If Jones declines, name Tufaga HC.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

BowTow wrote:
Baller Hawk wrote:Unreal... The definition of DISLOYAL some people never change... typical HAOLE style they only care about themselves.. Im so sick of hearing about this guy. Isn't everyone else? He said he wanted to coach Kapolei because he wanted to help "teach and mold" Taulia Tagovailoa... imagine how Taulia feels? Same way the state of Hawaii felt when he bolted for SMU. Hawaii should be fed up with his BS. I dont mind people going for better opportunities. But dont feed the state and the kids LIES. Just tell the truth. I want to coach to get back into it. UH knows the scum that i am and wont take me back, SMU wont take me back,theres no way i get into the NFL so thats why im coaching at kapolei... But dont use the kids cause in the end the young kids at kapolei just got a dose of what the entire state dealt with in 2007. Local people know better. Thats why the saying goes, dont trust a haole cause at the end of the day they don't care about anyone else but themselves.
@Baller Hawk: Well, you were really blunt. So, he's bad enough at coaching that he wouldn't get a college HC position? I'm not trying to challenge you; it's just that I was under the impression that he was a pretty good coach. Well, if what you're saying about his "style" is true, I wonder how St Louis alumni feel about him being at St Louis now. This might be another reason why Lee and Jones might clash. Lee is about as local as you can get: Born and raised here, Kalani grad, even ran for OHA. Hope there'll be no tensions. I'd like to think the best of Jones; I'm sure he doesn't dislike locals. Didn't he like that female UH volleyball player, the local girl who's a Kamehameha alumna? Had that Hawaiian last-name that starts with a "K."
She was actually born in Charleston, South Carolina. Came to Kamehameha High School after earning all-state honors (1996) at Coronado High School in Lubbock, Texas.
@BowTow:
Isn't that something: A non-local student at Kamehameha Schools. Well, I guess that as long as you have Hawaiian blood...

Baller Hawk
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Baller Hawk »

You're source at Na Koa is spot on. You can believe that source 100%. No matter what the media feeds you. Behind closed doors the masks come off.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Baller Hawk wrote:You're source at Na Koa is spot on. You can believe that source 100%. No matter what the media feeds you. Behind closed doors the masks come off.
@Baller Hawk: Well, someone posted earlier on this thread that if Cal Lee objected to Jones, Jones would never have been hired. Amazing how much influence Lee has with St Louis School; he's not even an alumnus. But, he's the football HC, and I guess it goes to show how big football is at St Louis. But, we knew that already, right? What's kind of amazing, too, is that a guy as local as Lee would be OK with Jones, if Jones is as arrogant as that Na Koa source says he is. Perhaps it's because football HCs have a kind of informal fraternity going; a sense of membership and belonging.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Baller Hawk wrote:You're source at Na Koa is spot on. You can believe that source 100%. No matter what the media feeds you. Behind closed doors the masks come off.
@Baller Hawk: Well, someone posted earlier on this thread that if Cal Lee objected to Jones, Jones would never have been hired. Amazing how much influence Lee has with St Louis School; he's not even an alumnus. But, he's the football HC, and I guess it goes to show how big football is at St Louis. But, we knew that already, right? What's kind of amazing, too, is that a guy as local as Lee would be OK with Jones, if Jones is as arrogant as that Na Koa source says he is. Perhaps it's because football HCs have a kind of informal fraternity going; a sense of membership and belonging.
Cal and Ron Lee both worked for JJ at UH, and I would be sure that they are all friends, and had known each other for many years before that too. I doubt that JJ would be arrogant towards the Lee Brothers. Maybe just to some Na Koa members and other outsiders.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

My3Cats wrote:
Cal and Ron Lee both worked for JJ at UH, and I would be sure that they are all friends, and had known each other for many years before that too. I doubt that JJ would be arrogant towards the Lee Brothers. Maybe just to some Na Koa members and other outsiders.
@Baller Hawk: OK; that makes sense. Well, I guess that's good news for St Louis alumni, except I guess for Tufaga. Apparently Jones has the inside track for the HC position, not him. Tufaga is a St Louis alumnus, right? Could swear he played football for them.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

June Jones new asst HC for TiCats

Post by Neighbor »

https://twitter.com/Ticats/status/892797951948599296
Sooo that means Cal Lee will be coaching at Saint Louis for another 20 years and Taulia is staying in Alabama

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

nvm Star Advertiser article says:

"He will remain as the athletic director of development for Saint Louis School, a position he began in December.

Ryan Blangiardi, who was named associate athletic director two weeks ago, will continue to handle the day-to-day operations at Saint Louis."