Basketball transfers

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Basketball transfers

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

AlohaG wrote:With the invention of the Internet, you are able to research and be pretty accurate.
Jessiya Villa, son of Kahi Villa 1994 graduate of Kam. This kid was the conference player of the year in WV, the only Junior named to the First Team All State in WV, and made the Iolani Classic All tournament team last year.
I watched him play against St. Louis last night, where he had 26 points. This kid was 360 dunking in warm ups. About 5'11" 180 all muscle. Was blowing by everybody. Easily the player of the game. Avea had two monster dunks and a few trash buckets. Hope he does more then that for them this season. Kesi is a beast! Savao didn't play. Won by about 10. Both teams look rusty from football, except for these two transfers. But make no mistake, they are fast, aggressive, very athletic, and seem to be very close to one another. I just went to see what all the hype was about. The gym was packed, every seat taken, I had to stand the whole game. I'll be watching Kalaheo next. Seems like Whitlock is doing well!! Aloha for now!!
@AlohaG: Now that you mention it, yeah, Kahi is a '94 grad. I had confused his senior year with the '92 year, when Kamehameha beat Hilo for the state title.
OK, you said you watched Jessiya play against St Louis last night? Like Kamehameha, I think St Louis has two vars teams, I and II. ScoringLive had photos of Kalaheo beating St Louis by 5 last night. Now, Jessiya is with Kahuku, right? OK, I'm guessing that Kahuku played the St Louis II team. If that's the case, obviously we might not have an accurate benchmark for Kahuku's play. Kahuku would have to play St Louis I to have a better indication. Again, I'm assuming that Kahuku played St Louis II, while Kalaheo played St Louis I.

AlohaG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AlohaG »

This was the night before the Kalaheo vs St. Louis Game. It was their Top team with the Nanuha boy, Alika Smith's son and Allan Silva as the head coach.....my fault by saying last night. And Kahuku missed 20 or more free throws....but Whitlock smashed them lol

AlohaG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AlohaG »

Them meaning St. Louis

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

AlohaG wrote:This was the night before the Kalaheo vs St. Louis Game. It was their Top team with the Nanuha boy, Alika Smith's son and Allan Silva as the head coach.....my fault by saying last night. And Kahuku missed 20 or more free throws....but Whitlock smashed them lol
@AlohaG: OK, did Kahuku beat St Louis, and if so, what was the score? I'm asking because I'm looking for a team that can beat Iolani.

AlohaG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AlohaG »

Beat them by 10 and missed at least 20 Free throws. Who knows who can beat who at this point....Iolani is tough, so is Punahou, and St. Louis, and Kalaheo, and many other schools. If you need answers on Villa, I just saw this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP-vSZYEVNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vjCY0CbnQc

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

AlohaG wrote:Beat them by 10 and missed at least 20 Free throws. Who knows who can beat who at this point....Iolani is tough, so is Punahou, and St. Louis, and Kalaheo, and many other schools. If you need answers on Villa, I just saw this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP-vSZYEVNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vjCY0CbnQc
@AlohaG: At this point, I think Iolani is clearly the toughest. I really would not want to see them repeat as state D1 champs, but it's starting to look that way. I don't think Punahou, St Louis, or Kalaheo can take them down. I thought Kapolei looked good, but not good enough to beat Iolani. In the ILH, I don't think Kamehameha can do it; they beat Castle by only 9 last night. I mean, 9 isn't that bad a margin, but I don't think Castle is that good. So, I don't think beating Castle by 9 adds-up to a whole bunch of beans. As for Maryknoll, they beat Kalani by only 2 last week. That leaves Kahuku. At this point, it seems Kahuku is the only hope. OK, so when they played St Louis, they missed 20 free-throws. Let's say that on a good night, they might have converted, say, 15 of them. That means they might have won by 25 points. That's good, but at the same time, St Louis might still be a little rusty because their football team played in the state Open title game just what, two weeks ago? I'm assuming that the basketball team has some players from the football team? For those of us who would prefer Iolani not repeat, Kahuku might be our only hope. How's their D? If they have a mean D, that will help reduce Iolani's scoring.

AlohaG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AlohaG »

You are right, and you're at least the fifth person that told me that St. Louis just played in that football game....well guess what, Kahuku has 8 players on the basketball team that were football players and they played it that exact same game against St. Louis.....Iolani lost Mann...that was huge...Who's replacing him? Kahuku lost Latu/Anae/Akina, but gained Avea,who just signed with UH and helped a 5A Utah team win a state title..that's 3 divisions above Hawaii 2A ball....and Villa, who was a Conference player of the year in WV...3A (wv highest level) and the only junior to make first team all state. I guess my opinion is it's only preseason....gotta win league games and get to the state tournament first....lol great speaking with you bradda...going be an exciting season all around....

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

AlohaG wrote:You are right, and you're at least the fifth person that told me that St. Louis just played in that football game....well guess what, Kahuku has 8 players on the basketball team that were football players and they played it that exact same game against St. Louis.....Iolani lost Mann...that was huge...Who's replacing him? Kahuku lost Latu/Anae/Akina, but gained Avea,who just signed with UH and helped a 5A Utah team win a state title..that's 3 divisions above Hawaii 2A ball....and Villa, who was a Conference player of the year in WV...3A (wv highest level) and the only junior to make first team all state. I guess my opinion is it's only preseason....gotta win league games and get to the state tournament first....lol great speaking with you bradda...going be an exciting season all around....
@AlohaG: When you say Iolani lost Mann, you're saying that they lost him to graduation? Well, that loss wasn't huge enough, because I'm very certain that they'll be ranked #1 when the first poll comes out. Yes, the regular season hasn't even started yet, but I'm already looking ahead to the state D1 tourney. I think it's almost guaranteed that Iolani will be in the title game; I want whichever school is playing them, to beat them.

AlohaG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AlohaG »

Yes, graduation. What are you basing this ranking off of? Because I think they just lost to Kailua....

AlohaG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AlohaG »

Kamehameha vs Kailua in the Kailua tournament for the championship.....means Kailua beat Iolani....

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

AlohaG wrote:With the invention of the Internet, you are able to research and be pretty accurate.
Jessiya Villa, son of Kahi Villa 1994 graduate of Kam. This kid was the conference player of the year in WV, the only Junior named to the First Team All State in WV, and made the Iolani Classic All tournament team last year.
I watched him play against St. Louis last night, where he had 26 points. This kid was 360 dunking in warm ups. About 5'11" 180 all muscle. Was blowing by everybody. Easily the player of the game. Avea had two monster dunks and a few trash buckets. Hope he does more then that for them this season. Kesi is a beast! Savao didn't play. Won by about 10. Both teams look rusty from football, except for these two transfers. But make no mistake, they are fast, aggressive, very athletic, and seem to be very close to one another. I just went to see what all the hype was about. The gym was packed, every seat taken, I had to stand the whole game. I'll be watching Kalaheo next. Seems like Whitlock is doing well!! Aloha for now!!
Aside from Avea's two monster dunks how was the rest of his game.

I last saw Avea play when he was a 6'3" sophomore at Kahuku. At that time he wasn't the best player on the team but you could see the potential and athleticism then which is why he was already being recruited as a sophomore.

BowTow

Post by BowTow »

Aside from Avea's two monster dunks how was the rest of his game.

I last saw Avea play when he was a 6'3" sophomore at Kahuku. At that time he wasn't the best player on the team but you could see the potential and athleticism then which is why he was already being recruited as a sophomore.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

AlohaG wrote:Yes, graduation. What are you basing this ranking off of? Because I think they just lost to Kailua....
@AlohaG: I'm absolutely shocked; indeed, Kailua beat Iolani, 47-45. That's absolutely crazy, absolutely amazing. Let's keep in mind that, for one thing, Iolani is defending D1 state champ. But, we can't just say, "Well that was last year." Just a few days ago, Iolani had destroyed Campbell, 68-37. A week before that, Campbell had beaten McKinley, and McKinley was pretty good last year. I guess what blew my mind most was the margin by which Iolani had beaten Campbell. Not only that; four Iolani players were in double-figures. Kailua is like the David who slew Iolani the Goliath. Well, I wish to nominate Kailua for #1 in the polls. Why? They beat the defending D1 state champ, and was the first Hawaii school to do so. I'm perfectly OK with Kailua; I don't dislike that school in any way. If they were to take the state D1 title, I'd be perfectly OK with it.

TheKrew808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by TheKrew808 »

Wow just watched saint francis beat Kahuku and kalaheo..guess we know who will be the D2 champ.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

TheKrew808 wrote:Wow just watched saint francis beat Kahuku and kalaheo..guess we know who will be the D2 champ.
@TheKrew808: Exactly. And what the heck is St Francis doing in D2? They've got no business being in D2. The way they're playing, not only would they be competitive in D1; they'd probably make it to the D1 state tourney. The other D2 schools should complain.