Gorman...what's up with that?

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Gorman...what's up with that?

Post by SM96753 »

Up 35-7 with literally only a few seconds left in the game and you're airing out 40 yard end zone passes to run up the score...no class. It's a reflection on their coach. That's the difference between Sanchez and Ladouceur. De La Salle would never pull that crap.

Remember Gorman, nothing lasts forever. All dynasty's come to an end. Just ask Southlake Carroll, Shreveport Evangel Christian, Charlotte Independence, Valdosta (GA), Honolulu St. Louis, Bellevue (WA), Tulsa Union, Mesa Mountain View, just to name a few.

As for Martel, he'll fit in well with Urban Meyer's offense. A runner who can't throw ala, a smaller version of Tim Tebow. Martel let's everyone know of his goal... to play in the NFL. Good Luck punk.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Gorman...what's up with that?

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

SM96753 wrote:Up 35-7 with literally only a few seconds left in the game and you're airing out 40 yard end zone passes to run up the score...no class. It's a reflection on their coach. That's the difference between Sanchez and Ladouceur. De La Salle would never pull that crap.

Remember Gorman, nothing lasts forever. All dynasty's come to an end. Just ask Southlake Carroll, Shreveport Evangel Christian, Charlotte Independence, Valdosta (GA), Honolulu St. Louis, Bellevue (WA), Tulsa Union, Mesa Mountain View, just to name a few.

As for Martel, he'll fit in well with Urban Meyer's offense. A runner who can't throw ala, a smaller version of Tim Tebow. Martel let's everyone know of his goal... to play in the NFL. Good Luck punk.
@SM96753: Yeah, that makes the entire school (Bishop Gorman) look bad. But, that game is now in the rear-view mirror. Question: After what we saw in the Bishop Gorman game, can Kahuku beat St Louis?

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
SM96753 wrote:Up 35-7 with literally only a few seconds left in the game and you're airing out 40 yard end zone passes to run up the score...no class. It's a reflection on their coach. That's the difference between Sanchez and Ladouceur. De La Salle would never pull that crap.

@SM96753: Yeah, that makes the entire school (Bishop Gorman) look bad. But, that game is now in the rear-view mirror. Question: After what we saw in the Bishop Gorman game, can Kahuku beat St Louis?
I think the question should be: Is Kahuku even going to play in the state tournament? From what the Advertiser reported, the cronies that run the OIA are having second thoughts about participating.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

No offense, but seeing how Kahuku put up 80-plus points on Radford a few weeks ago, best not complain.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

EITSwarrior wrote:No offense, but seeing how Kahuku put up 80-plus points on Radford a few weeks ago, best not complain.
Sorry but I did not see the Kahuku/Radford game. Was Kahuku throwing the ball while they were blowing out Radford? The scoringlive box score says that Kahuku threw only 5 passes the entire game.

11 out of their 12 touchdowns came via the run or by the defense. In fact, according to Takase, Kahuku pulled their starters after the first half so how is that running up the score? What was Kahuku supposed to do? Take a knee on every play of the second half?

Sorry but it seems to me that Radford just stinks.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

no biggie we had fun. lick our wounds come home play hard, bg was to fast discipline and play like #1 team in amurica
-------------------

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Kahuku repped hawaii well! Haven't had goosebumps for a football in a long time and I ain't even a kahuku fan lol. To see the entire bleacher section in red cheering and doing the war chant was awesome and I think BG was a little envious they don't have that kind of support.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

To add to the unsportsmanlike stuff by BG I also heard that a few of their players stuck middle fingers to the kahuku bleachers as they made their way to the locker rooms at the half. That's why kahuku got to kick the ball off at the 45.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

reignjah11 wrote:To add to the unsportsmanlike stuff by BG I also heard that a few of their players stuck middle fingers to the kahuku bleachers as they made their way to the locker rooms at the half. That's why kahuku got to kick the ball off at the 45.
Nah that's from the coach who kept whining about the fumble as they were on the way to the lockers. But you're right, attitude reflects leadership.

As for throwing it at the end of the game, I disagree with most. If they wanna play to the buzzer with their backups, stay in the game and play. It's not like you can't do anything about it, stop them. I wonder what some of you would think when seeing some of these rugby scores go over 100 on a world stage.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

SM96753 wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:No offense, but seeing how Kahuku put up 80-plus points on Radford a few weeks ago, best not complain.
Sorry but I did not see the Kahuku/Radford game. Was Kahuku throwing the ball while they were blowing out Radford? The scoringlive box score says that Kahuku threw only 5 passes the entire game.

11 out of their 12 touchdowns came via the run or by the defense. In fact, according to Takase, Kahuku pulled their starters after the first half so how is that running up the score? What was Kahuku supposed to do? Take a knee on every play of the second half?

Radford may stink and yeah Kahuku wasn't throwing but they still scored 80-plus points against a "stink" Radford squad. Sorry I feel no sympathy for them when they got a taste of RUS. You want them to stop, you make me stop.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

soleu wrote:
reignjah11 wrote:To add to the unsportsmanlike stuff by BG I also heard that a few of their players stuck middle fingers to the kahuku bleachers as they made their way to the locker rooms at the half. That's why kahuku got to kick the ball off at the 45.
Nah that's from the coach who kept whining about the fumble as they were on the way to the lockers. But you're right, attitude reflects leadership.

As for throwing it at the end of the game, I disagree with most. If they wanna play to the buzzer with their backups, stay in the game and play. It's not like you can't do anything about it, stop them. I wonder what some of you would think when seeing some of these rugby scores go over 100 on a world stage.
Actually it was still martell throwing at the end!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

^yup Martel and the rest of their first team was still in the game. I understand running your offense to get the back ups some work but that wasn't the case. There was 10 secs left at around mid field up 28, just take a knee.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

EITSwarrior wrote:
SM96753 wrote:

Radford may stink and yeah Kahuku wasn't throwing but they still scored 80-plus points against a "stink" Radford squad. Sorry I feel no sympathy for them when they got a taste of RUS. You want them to stop, you make me stop.
I didn't watch the game either but I saw on scoringlive that kahukus d/sp teams scored 35 points! Which means the offense accounted for 48 points. Now if kahuku was running plays with lots of time on the play clock then that's pretty classless of them but other then that I don't see what else kahuku could have done that would have made the game less of a blow out.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

EITSwarrior wrote:
SM96753 wrote:

Was Kahuku supposed to take a knee every time they had the ball in the second half? How is it running up the score if they threw no passes and ran the same play in the entire second half? It's like what reignjah11 said, what could Kahuku have done to stop scoring?

EITSwarrior, if you don't know the difference between running up the score and playING conservative to not show up your opponent, well then you must just dislike Kahuku for your own personal reason (or love Radford).

For the record, I did not attend Kahuku.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

SM96753 wrote:

@SM96753: Well, Radford is really weak this year. If you check-out the stats and scores of all their games thus far this year, you'll see. I can't recall a time when Radford was this weak. From the mid- to late-'70s, they were really tough. It's too bad. I don't dislike Radford as a school at all, so I have no reason to gloat.