Official Kahuku vs. Bishop Gorman Thread

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Official Kahuku vs. Bishop Gorman Thread

Post by gopunahou »

Has Kahuku got a chance? Or will thir streak of victories end?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Official Kahuku vs. Bishop Gorman Thread

Post by Markeke »

Game day temperature in Vegas? 95 is okay. No higher. Keep Martell off the field. Back to smash mouth 75 percent. Keep Martell off the field.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote:Has Kahuku got a chance? Or will thir streak of victories end?
@gopunahou: OK, remember my football acquaintance that you inquired about, as to what his name is? He says not only does Kahuku have a chance; they will win. I have my doubts about that, because Bishop Gorman is the #1-ranked team in the nation. But at the same time, as you recall, my acquaintance also predicted that St Louis would beat Punahou, which I had also doubted. He had made that prediction about a week before the game. And then, on the day of the game (Friday), some five hours before kickoff, I asked him again. He said he remained confident that St Louis would win. Really, I think the Bishop Gorman game might be a big deal to only Kahuku alumni, for the most part. After all, when you think about it, Kahuku "can't lose," in the sense that if Bishop Gorman wins, it shouldn't be a setback for Kahuku. That's because if you lose to the #1 team in the nation, who's going to criticize you? I think Kahuku should be given credit for having the guts to play the #1 team in the nation.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
@gopunahou: OK, remember my football acquaintance that you inquired about, as to what his name is? He says not only does Kahuku have a chance; they will win. I have my doubts about that, because Bishop Gorman is the #1-ranked team in the nation. But at the same time, as you recall, my acquaintance also predicted that St Louis would beat Punahou, which I had also doubted. He had made that prediction about a week before the game. And then, on the day of the game (Friday), some five hours before kickoff, I asked him again. He said he remained confident that St Louis would win. Really, I think the Bishop Gorman game might be a big deal to only Kahuku alumni, for the most part. After all, when you think about it, Kahuku "can't lose," in the sense that if Bishop Gorman wins, it shouldn't be a setback for Kahuku. That's because if you lose to the #1 team in the nation, who's going to criticize you? I think Kahuku should be given credit for having the guts to play the #1 team in the nation.
Well said my braddah. I don't expect kahuku to win or even keeping it close. Bishop played three ranked in the nation and looked unstoppable. They probably can beat UH and that's saying something. I just want no injuries for kahuku.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

harus0ra wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Well said my braddah. I don't expect kahuku to win or even keeping it close. Bishop played three ranked in the nation and looked unstoppable. They probably can beat UH and that's saying something. I just want no injuries for kahuku.
@harus0ra: Yes, injuries are always a concern. But then again, Kahuku is pretty physical, too. Is Bishop Gorman really huge on the lines? Are they bigger than Kahuku? I really don't know much about them at all, except that they're ranked #1. But again, Kahuku is big and physical, too. I'm sure Kahuku can give as well as it gets.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

I think the biggest difference in this game will be speed and the size of BG's receivers and tight end. I love our DB's, but I'm not sure if Kaniho and Bothelo are going to be able to hold off BG's receivers all night if the front 7 can't contain BG's rushing attack or put any kind of pressure on Martell.

But, with the athletes we have, I expect a pretty damn good game.
Win or lose, the community got your back!
Not too many public schools outside of California, Texas or Florida go looking to pick a "fight" with the bully of the block. "Shock the World" Boyz!!!
RRFL!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Game should be streamed here: http://www.highschoolrewind.com/
Just gotta click the link on the page to their YouTube site

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

I think kahukus D can hang with gormans O, speed might be the deciding factor in the outcome. Kahukus O will need to add some wrinkles to that offensive package, gormans D can play smash mouth too. I think it'll be a great game. Gonna be rooting for the 808 boys to go up there, play hard and represent Hawaii hs football well.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

does gorman have 4 linebackers that was good as lastyear stlouis "purcell,toilolo,slade,jordan"? if not then kahu jumbo offense should kill clock and get some scores.
jumbo offense is kryptonite to the high power spread offenses like gorman and stlouis and das why you see farring, kam,mills,kailua and waiane start testing with it too
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

huki-lau-lau wrote:does gorman have 4 linebackers that was good as lastyear stlouis "purcell,toilolo,slade,jordan"? if not then kahu jumbo offense should kill clock and get some scores.
jumbo offense is kryptonite to the high power spread offenses like gorman and stlouis and das why you see farring, kam,mills,kailua and waiane start testing with it too
Gorman's linebacking corps is pretty solid. The kid who transferred from Oahu is one Beast. Haskellanother Oahu kid) is another beast on the Dline...but, I think our Oline can handle GB Dline most of the night.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

All you need is 3.5 yards per carry then FIRST DOWN! Eat the clock. 3.5 more yards, so on so forth. Short pass, clock running. Wait, Kahuku did that against St.Louis last year. One thing, I did notice BG line chop blocking against superior atheletes. Hope Tata brings this issue up with the officials from Las Vegas. Yikesm

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote:All you need is 3.5 yards per carry then FIRST DOWN! Eat the clock. 3.5 more yards, so on so forth. Short pass, clock running. Wait, Kahuku did that against St.Louis last year. One thing, I did notice BG line chop blocking against superior atheletes. Hope Tata brings this issue up with the officials from Las Vegas. Yikesm
@Markeke: Kahuku is one of the most physical football teams Hawaii has, next to Waianae. Bishop Gorman really doesn't want to play dirty against Kahuku, if they know what's good for them. Bishop Gorman may be #1, but on the field, it's mano-a-mano. Football is a physical sport, and being #1 doesn't mean you can't be matched physically.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

After looking at the roster stats on the BG football website,it seems to me that Kahuku has the size advantage.Can't forget that sometimes(like De La Salle back in their long undefeated run) technique can often overcome size.Kahuku's edge here is that when they go jumbo, they can keep pounding until that technique breaks down.

Speed is a wild card and I am not sure how fast BG is overall.If Bishop Gorman can beat one of those Texas spread teams, I would have to believe they have pretty good team speed.

Kahuku is going to have to play their kind of game,eat up the clock, and dominate the Gael's line and harass their QB.Red Raiders could win this game.

westside.gee

Post by westside.gee »

From an outsiders view will the new OC run that offense as confident and skilled as John Hao did? Would hate to think that they went to Vegas with the talent but got out coached.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

westside.gee wrote:From an outsiders view will the new OC run that offense as confident and skilled as John Hao did? Would hate to think that they went to Vegas with the talent but got out coached.
@westside.gee: And why was Hao let go? Also, Hao is a St Louis alumnus, as is Tata, though of course that doesn't mean they won't disagree. Apparently they did, and I guess it was something major.