Tua / Alabama

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Crusader_Fan_77
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Tua / Alabama

Post by Crusader_Fan_77 »

In the Tagovailoa family, after watching yesterday's Alabama game it Hurts to realize Tua would probably be riding the bench until his senior year. The true freshman QB for the Tide claimed the team as his own last night. I predict Tua will be wearing a different school's cap on Signing Day. It could be a USC cap... the Trojans' QB situation is a mess, and after what I saw last night if that's the best USC can put on the field, Tua would start for them as a freshman and be in charge of that team for all four years.

Go Crusaders and go Tua!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Tua / Alabama

Post by EITSwarrior »

That's what I was thinking watching that game. Either USC or Oregon.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Why not stay home at Hawaii? That way Tua's family don't have to move, and maybe someone in the community can find Tua's dad a good job (within the NCAA rules, of course)?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Crusader_Fan_77 wrote:In the Tagovailoa family, after watching yesterday's Alabama game it Hurts to realize Tua would probably be riding the bench until his senior year. The true freshman QB for the Tide claimed the team as his own last night. I predict Tua will be wearing a different school's cap on Signing Day. It could be a USC cap... the Trojans' QB situation is a mess, and after what I saw last night if that's the best USC can put on the field, Tua would start for them as a freshman and be in charge of that team for all four years.

Go Crusaders and go Tua!
@Crusader_Fan_77: Why can't it be a UH cap? Go Warriors!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

USC got pounded because they played Alabama. Alabama is a machine that caters to NO one. If Bama can suck up the nation's 10 best qbs, they would. That would be 9 less players that could beat them. Yes it's nice to get full rides from Bama, along with little brother, but Tua needs to play. A Pac 12 team might be more suitable.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Because UH won't get him in the NFL.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

SM96753 wrote:
@SM96753: Are you saying no UH player has ever made it to the NFL? Perhaps not at QB, but with a QB like Tagovailoa, he could be the first.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

SM96753 wrote:
@SM96753: Are you saying no UH player has ever made it to the NFL? Perhaps not at QB, but with a QB like Tagovailoa, he could be the first.
Good grief. Should I really answer that? OK...just for craps and giggles. YES, not one UH player in the program's history has ever made it to the NFL. Not Greg Salas, Al Noga, Niko Noga, Travis Laboy, Ashley Lelie, Jason Elam, Rich Miano, Jesse Sapolu, Dana Mclemore, Jeff Ulbrich, Golden Richards, Gary Allen, Nuu Faaola, Joe Onosai, Raphel Cherry, just to name a few have ever played in the NFL. What the Hell kind of a question is that!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

SM96753 wrote:
SM96753 wrote:
Good grief. Should I really answer that? OK...just for craps and giggles. YES, not one UH player in the program's history has ever made it to the NFL. Not Greg Salas, Al Noga, Niko Noga, Travis Laboy, Ashley Lelie, Jason Elam, Rich Miano, Jesse Sapolu, Dana Mclemore, Jeff Ulbrich, Golden Richards, Gary Allen, Nuu Faaola, Joe Onosai, Raphel Cherry, just to name a few have ever played in the NFL. What the Hell kind of a question is that!
@SM96753: Brennan went to the Redskins. While Tagovailoa might not be as good a pure passer as Brennan was, Tagovailoa can scramble better than Brennan could. (Sorry, forgot about Brennan in my earlier post).

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Markeke wrote:USC got pounded because they played Alabama. Alabama is a machine that caters to NO one. If Bama can suck up the nation's 10 best qbs, they would. That would be 9 less players that could beat them. Yes it's nice to get full rides from Bama, along with little brother, but Tua needs to play. A Pac 12 team might be more suitable.
As a true freshman MacKenzie Milton started for Univ.of Central Florida. Yesterday on national t.v. he almost beat Maryland. He did the right thing by excepting UCF offer. The thing is players like him and Tua need to get playing time, immediately. I think many Pac 12 teams would seriously consider Tua and play him as a true freshman. USC needs one.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote:
Markeke wrote:USC got pounded because they played Alabama. Alabama is a machine that caters to NO one. If Bama can suck up the nation's 10 best qbs, they would. That would be 9 less players that could beat them. Yes it's nice to get full rides from Bama, along with little brother, but Tua needs to play. A Pac 12 team might be more suitable.
As a true freshman MacKenzie Milton started for Univ.of Central Florida. Yesterday on national t.v. he almost beat Maryland. He did the right thing by excepting UCF offer. The thing is players like him and Tua need to get playing time, immediately. I think many Pac 12 teams would seriously consider Tua and play him as a true freshman. USC needs one.
@Markeke: If UCF was good enough for Milton, UH is good enough for Tagovailoa. In addition, Tagovailoa would almost certainly start for UH next year.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

I forgot. USC has the best and fastest wr in the nation. But no qb to fling it. Big and fast Oline,but no qb to use it. If you want the NFL looking, you need more national tv and a top 25 team.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote:I forgot. USC has the best and fastest wr in the nation. But no qb to fling it. Big and fast Oline,but no qb to use it. If you want the NFL looking, you need more national tv and a top 25 team.
@Markeke: Well, obviously UH can't compare to USC, but neither can UCF. Nonetheless, Milton might be getting looks from the NFL, at UCF. Brennan obviously got looks from the NFL, at UH. Heck, he was even a Heisman candidate. If you're as good a QB as Tagovailoa, the NFL scouts will watch you, as long as you're playing for a D1 college team. It doesn't have to be a Top-25 team. You're going to be on the scouts' radar, so to speak. It's the job of the NFL scouts to smell-out the best QBs, no matter where they're playing. I'd like to see Tagovailoa at UH.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

@Markeke: Well, obviously UH can't compare to USC, but neither can UCF. Nonetheless, Milton might be getting looks from the NFL, at UCF. Brennan obviously got looks from the NFL, at UH. Heck, he was even a Heisman candidate. If you're as good a QB as Tagovailoa, the NFL scouts will watch you, as long as you're playing for a D1 college team. It doesn't have to be a Top-25 team. You're going to be on the scouts' radar, so to speak. It's the job of the NFL scouts to smell-out the best QBs, no matter where they're playing. I'd like to see Tagovailoa at UH.[/quote]

@HS fanatic. Can't fault your thoughts, but Brennan and UH was undefeated ,#10 in the country and was in the Sugar Bowl. UH doesn't have national star power.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote:@Markeke: Well, obviously UH can't compare to USC, but neither can UCF. Nonetheless, Milton might be getting looks from the NFL, at UCF. Brennan obviously got looks from the NFL, at UH. Heck, he was even a Heisman candidate. If you're as good a QB as Tagovailoa, the NFL scouts will watch you, as long as you're playing for a D1 college team. It doesn't have to be a Top-25 team. You're going to be on the scouts' radar, so to speak. It's the job of the NFL scouts to smell-out the best QBs, no matter where they're playing. I'd like to see Tagovailoa at UH.

@HS fanatic. Can't fault your thoughts, but Brennan and UH was undefeated ,#10 in the country and was in the Sugar Bowl. UH doesn't have national star power.[/quote]

@Markeke: Well, UH had star power back then. Why can't they have it again? That '06-'07 season put UH on the map. That season proved that UH can be a major player.