Whats the deal with Tua Tagovailoa & St Louis?

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Whats the deal with Tua Tagovailoa & St Louis?

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

Two of the main characters in what turned out to be a mini drama on Monday were absolutely correct:

Tua Tagovailoa was at practice Tuesday, just as his dad, Galu Tagovailoa, and his head coach, Cal Lee, said he would be.

There was a panic set in motion Monday, when Tagovailoa tweeted, “Goodbye to the Lou.” Many people took it to mean the Saint Louis star quarterback with a full scholarship offer to Alabama was leaving the Crusaders.

It was a false alarm and everything is back to normal. But, discerning readers should know that more than a few people from high up in the Saint Louis football family hierarchy told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser and Hawaii Prep World that, at one point, Tua actually left the team before changing his mind.

Both Lee and Galu Tagovailoa said Monday that Tua never walked off the team, and who would know better than them?

So, there Tua was on Tuesday, doing what he’s been doing every day in preparation for this season, throwing the football at practice.

He was high-fiving and fist-bumping his teammates and patting them on the head after good plays.

Tua, the senior lefty, was also looking as sharp as ever, zipping the ball into his receivers and showing masterful footwork. He was sharing reps with juniors Chevan Cordeiro and Maika Bonner.

The Crusaders play Saturday at Hilo in a nonleague game. It will be the season opener for both teams.
http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... -practice/

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Whats the deal with Tua Tagovailoa & St Louis?

Post by Neighbor »

Just an overglorified parent-coach conflict, that just so happens to involve one of the best QBs in the country

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Not surprised this happened, especially with his father considering what happened his sophomore year. I won't elaborate further. If you know what I'm referring to, you understand. More of a knock on his father than Tua.

But regardless, Tua, gotta stay off that social media. Everyone likes to say you're the next "Marcus Mariota". Well you know what Marcus didn't do? He didn't go on social media. Stay off it and concentrate on school and football.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

EITSwarrior wrote:Not surprised this happened, especially with his father considering what happened his sophomore year. I won't elaborate further. If you know what I'm referring to, you understand. More of a knock on his father than Tua.

But regardless, Tua, gotta stay off that social media. Everyone likes to say you're the next "Marcus Mariota". Well you know what Marcus didn't do? He didn't go on social media. Stay off it and concentrate on school and football.
@EITSwarrior: Yeah, there's too much of this kind of unnecessary drama nowadays. When I was in high school back in the mid-'70s, you didn't have parents sticking their noses into the coach's business. Back then, parents understood that when your kid is on the team, everything has to be the coach's call; you didn't interfere. Just as importantly, we as students didn't have social media back then. We had our priorities straight, and we weren't about grandstanding and trying to gain quick attention. High-school football needs to go back to those days. Today, people's mentality and attitudes regarding high-school sports are butt-backwards. We're talking players and parents.