Unpaid D-I Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Unpaid D-I Football

Post by huki-lau-lau »

work in progress. they will b scarey come playoff, formula to stop high passing teams same like last year, powerrun with strong d. tight spirals u either got the touch or u dont and that back up got a sweet one. rr4l
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

huki-lau-lau wrote:work in progress. they will b scarey come playoff, formula to stop high passing teams same like last year, powerrun with strong d. tight spirals u either got the touch or u dont and that back up got a sweet one. rr4l
Definitely a work in progress, but looking forward to how they develop. Not taking anything away from Leilehua, cause they had some guys out, but Big Red wasnt going to lose this one. Even if the Mules had scored on their first couple of drives, it just seemed like Big Red would've turned it up a couple of notches.

Looking forward to tomorrow night now with the Canes and Seariders.

RRFL

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Kahuku will throw the ball this year and Ah Hoy isn't done with the offense yet.Good start for the Red Raiders.You figure that ,if they improve from here on in,Kahuku could have another good year.

That's about it,most of the big games are tonight.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

rrforlifebaby wrote: Definitely a work in progress, but looking forward to how they develop. Not taking anything away from Leilehua, cause they had some guys out, but Big Red wasnt going to lose this one. Even if the Mules had scored on their first couple of drives, it just seemed like Big Red would've turned it up a couple of notches.

Looking forward to tomorrow night now with the Canes and Seariders.

RRFL
i saw 5 starrters not playing, many 2way players like stoke botelo play 4way kicker,wr,db,returner. they look better then same time lastyear which is scary for the rest of state
-------------------

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Sort of looked like Alabama with the no frills All Whites.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

So Jay, wow. Once this kid gets comfortable running, ouch. Several catchable passes dropped. Ah Hoy. How do you keep him out of the end zone? Stokes, not only returns but kicking? Harmon Brown. Vimahi. Kaniho. Reed. Sauvao. Damn. Why does Leileihua and Mililani, next door neighbors, have artifical turf and Kahuku, the most dominating DIV 1 football program get mud and weeds? Cmon DOE.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Mud and weeds are at least natural. I am reminded of a quote from a pro football player many years ago who is famously quoted as saying " If a cow can't eat it,I don't want to play on it." Grass can be soft,mud can bake and get hard,and artificial turf is just plain hard. So Kahuku is not at a disadvantage because they have a natural field. If the new synthetic fields really were an improvement over Mother Nature,then Kahuku wouldn't be where they are now.

My tongue-in-cheek vote for MVP of the Kaiser- Mililani game ,before the game even starts is....the electrician!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Markeke wrote:So Jay, wow. Once this kid gets comfortable running, ouch. Several catchable passes dropped. Ah Hoy. How do you keep him out of the end zone? Stokes, not only returns but kicking? Harmon Brown. Vimahi. Kaniho. Reed. Sauvao. Damn. Why does Leileihua and Mililani, next door neighbors, have artifical turf and Kahuku, the most dominating DIV 1 football program get mud and weeds? Cmon DOE.
@Markeke: That's OK. Can't keep a good team down, and Kahuku seems to be good every year. Unspoken message to Mililani, Leilehua, and all other schools with artificial turf: Teams play, not the field. We should keep in mind that some schools don't even have a stadium, like Kaimuki, McKinley, and Farrington, though Farrington should have an operational stadium next year. And what about St Louis? St Louis is like the Kahuku of the ILH, fielding championship-caliber teams every year. If I'm not mistaken, St Louis has an astroturf field, but no stadium. Upshot: Kahuku should just keep playing good football; never mind the field.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote:Kahuku will throw the ball this year and Ah Hoy isn't done with the offense yet.Good start for the Red Raiders.You figure that ,if they improve from here on in,Kahuku could have another good year.

That's about it,most of the big games are tonight.
@unpaid: If Kahuku will run and throw, they'll be a complete team. That should solidify their position as the top-ranked team, and possibly set them up for another D1 state title. They already have a strong running game and a strong D.

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

Markeke wrote:So Jay, wow. Once this kid gets comfortable running, ouch. Several catchable passes dropped. Ah Hoy. How do you keep him out of the end zone? Stokes, not only returns but kicking? Harmon Brown. Vimahi. Kaniho. Reed. Sauvao. Damn. Why does Leileihua and Mililani, next door neighbors, have artifical turf and Kahuku, the most dominating DIV 1 football program get mud and weeds? Cmon DOE.
Several years ago a Kahuku guy (not sure what his official capacity was) told me they couldn't get the field turf because the insurance companies wouldn't cover it because the field was below sea level, or not high enough above sea level. He also said that the field floods a lot because of this.

BowTow

Post by BowTow »

huki-lau-lau wrote:anyone kno why only 52 roster on kahu but all other top schools 70 or 80?
Yeah I was surprised when I saw that. Waianae on the other hand has nearly 90 players on its roster, their largest roster in years.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Two,

1.Kahuku 1-0 Red Raiders will pass a little to complement their vaunted ground game. Headaches for opposing DC's.
2.St. Louis 0-0 DNP No.9 Hilo next.
3.Waianae 2-0 beat Kapolei.
4.Punahou 1-0 DNP
5.Farrington 1-0 Govs QB rotation worked against Campbell. No.6 Kailua next.
6.Kailua 1-0 Surfriders hold off Moanalua.
7.Kapolei 1-1 Drop a couple spots after loss to Waianae.
8.Kamehameha 1-1 beat Baldwin.
9.Hilo 0-0 DNP vs. D-II No.2 St.Louis next.
10.Mililani 1-0 First appearance in the top ten for the Trojans.Take on a 2-0 Castle squad next.

Kapolei needs tougher line play. Waianae was bringing pressure and the OL could have done better. The DL couldn't stop the Waianae rushing game.Need to be tougher.

My two cents on Kahuku's relatively small roster size. You are always going to have kids going to the Big Three. As long as that is all it was,Kahuku had big squad numbers. It seems to me the trend that is really accelerating is good players leaving to play on the mainland,presumably to be closer to recruiting action.It affects every school. Radford lost the D-II DPOY to Silverado and a big,rangy DL to Orem. On the other end of the spectrum,St.Louis and Kahuku are losing players to Utah schools and Bishop Gorman.
If Las Vegas is the Ninth Island,then Utah is the Tenth Island...and on it goes. Families have relatives that talented kids can live with on the mainland,and many of them are taking that step. Gonna be fewer squads with 70-90 players.
Last edited by unpaid on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

[quote="unpaid"]Week Two,

1.Kahuku 1-0 Red Raiders will pass a little to complement their vaunted ground game. Headaches for opposing DC's. No. 3 Waianae next.
2.St. Louis 0-0 DNP
3.Waianae 2-0 Two quality wins set the stage for next weekend's showdown with No.1 Kahuku. Seariders are at home for this one.
4.Punahou 1-0 DNP
5.Farrington 1-0 Govs QB rotation worked against Campbell. No. 10 Mililani next. Trojans at home for this one.
6.Kailua 1-0 Surfriders hold off Moanalua.
7.Kapolei 1-1 Drop a couple spots after loss to Waianae.
8.Kamehameha 1-1 beat Baldwin.
9.Hilo 0-0 DNP vs. D-II No.4 Konawaena next.
10.Mililani 1-0 First appearance in the top ten for the Trojans.No.5. Farrington next.

Kapolei needs tougher line play. Waianae was bringing pressure and the OL could have done better. The DL couldn't stop the Waianae rushing game.Need to be tougher.

My two cents on Kahuku's relatively small roster size. You are always going to have kids going to the Big Three. As long as that is all it was,Kahuku had big squad numbers. It seems to me the trend that is really accelerating is good players leaving to play on the mainland,presumably to be closer to recruiting action.It affects every school. Radford lost the D-II DPOY to Silverado and a big,rangy DL to Orem. On the other end of the spectrum,St.Louis and Kahuku are losing players to Utah schools and Bishop Gorman.
If Las Vegas is the Ninth Island,then Utah is the Tenth Island...and on it goes. Families have relatives that talented kids can live with on the mainland,and many of them are taking that step. Gonna be fewer squads with 70-90 players.[/quote

Actually there is more to it at Orem than just recruiting action but I won't say more. But I think Orem has more players from kahuku than the big three combined.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

harus0ra wrote:

Actually there is more to it at Orem than just recruiting action but I won't say more. But I think Orem has more players from kahuku than the big three combined.
let me gues tata n staff not homegrown? no matta the rest us true rr still born n breed red
-------------------

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Made some corrections in the top ten in reference to next weekend's opponents .