Unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Unpaid D-II football

Post by unpaid »

Week Six

1.Kapaa 4-0 DNP
2.Damien 4-1 takes lead in ILH.
3.Konawaena 2-1
4.Kamehameha-Hawaii 4-0
5.St.Francis 1-2 DNP
6.Pearl City 4-1 undefeated in OIA play,beat Waipahu.
7.Pac-Five 2-1
8.Waipahu 3-1
9.Waialua 2-1 back in the top ten.
10.Honokaa 2-1

Kaimuki got bumped out.

OG 94
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OG 94 »

Really believe that Damien is the best team in D2.With the Dual Threat QB,monster TE,depth at RB,and talented receivers I believe that they can make take home the ILH crown again. They also have the #1 offense in D2. Defense is very very good and fast led by #21 shawn Borges and a good core of DB's.I think this team could make a run for a state title as long as they're healthy. This team should be ranked higher since they play in the toughest league and they're the only team in D2 that played 3 straight D1 team to start the season and went 2-1

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

OG 94 wrote:Really believe that Damien is the best team in D2.With the Dual Threat QB,monster TE,depth at RB,and talented receivers I believe that they can make take home the ILH crown again. They also have the #1 offense in D2. Defense is very very good and fast led by #21 shawn Borges and a good core of DB's.I think this team could make a run for a state title as long as they're healthy. This team should be ranked higher since they play in the toughest league and they're the only team in D2 that played 3 straight D1 team to start the season and went 2-1
@OG 94: In today's Star-Advertiser poll, someone gave Damien a vote to be listed in the Top Ten. When was the last time Damien cracked the Top Ten? This might be the best Damien team since the '88 team. That year, Damien beat Farrington in the third-place Prep Bowl game. To get to that game, Damien had to beat both Punahou and Kamehameha, which they did. They didn't beat St Louis, and that's why St Louis played in the championship Prep Bowl game, beating Waianae. Therefore, that year, Damien finished as the #3 team in the state, and we're not talking D2. Back then, there was no D2. Imagine: Damien beating Punahou, Kamehameha, and Farrington, and finishing the season at #3 in the Top Ten. It happened. What an inspiration for Damien today, 28 years on.

OG 94
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OG 94 »

Last edited by OG 94 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

OG 94 wrote:Really believe that Damien is the best team in D2.With the Dual Threat QB,monster TE,depth at RB,and talented receivers I believe that they can make take home the ILH crown again. They also have the #1 offense in D2. Defense is very very good and fast led by #21 shawn Borges and a good core of DB's.I think this team could make a run for a state title as long as they're healthy. This team should be ranked higher since they play in the toughest league and they're the only team in D2 that played 3 straight D1 team to start the season and went 2-1
I agree that Damien is a very solid team and a D2 contender for the state title. The talk about them playing three division 1 teams is drastically misleading. Moanalua is a solid D1 team, but they lost handily and made the score respectable in garbage time. Kealakehe is a D2 caliber team that would place 3rd in BIIF D2. Maui in the first two weeks of the season is always half staffed and plagued by academic probation. I just can't pull value out of those games. Then their defense is not what it was last year. All the numbers Pedrina was putting up suddenly went down in ILH play. The lack of a schedule and diversity in opponents will always hurt them as it does Kapaa down the stretch.

DA SCOUT
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by DA SCOUT »

I think coach Klaneski is doing very well prepping his team for his opponents. Their defense is incredibly fast and they blitz like hell on wheels ,I actually think his defense is better then last year his backers are a little undersized but physical and fast and his Corners play in your face all game I'm guessing he's the DB coach I enjoyed watching that D the last couple games they may have the best back 7 in D2. Their offense is way more explosive this year also they have a great shot!!

OG 94
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OG 94 »

Damien killed themselves to start that moanalua game.They had a pick 6 called back and two more interceptions in moanalua territory but could not punch it in. That would've been 21-0 1st quarter but moanalua gathered themselves and got lucky with couple broken plays to score. Pedrina did get hurt in the 1st ILH game and played the first half that's probably why his numbers went a little down but still impressive stats he has. #1 rusher in D2 and a top 4 QB. Damien's DBs probably one of the most physical in D2 and that Borges kid is hands down the best player on the team.Plays like a Tyrann Mathieu and just creating havoc everywhere. Rolovich really needs to take a look at this kid.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

St. Francis had way too many penalties. Pac-5 had a few of their own,so they weren't giving themselves any help either.Damien has to be licking their chops a little if the Saints and Wolfpack don't clean up the errors.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

@unpaid-Wasn't able to make the game but this is a recap from a parent. Kealakehe beat KSH at KSH on their homecoming. Kealakehe's defense is starting to play well, while KSH is starting to realize their offense isn't as good as their record shows. They had a hard time handling the physicality of Kealakehe's D, turning over the ball or going three and out practically the whole game, leaving their D on the field far too long. Without the balanced running and passing of previous years, they're struggling to move the ball and it doesn't get much easier from here on out. They still have games against Konawaena@ Kona, Hilo@ Hilo, HPA, and Keaau@ Keaau...who by the way squeaked out a 13-12 win over Honokaa last night.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Seven

1. Kapaa 5-0 Another shutout win for the Warriors.
2. Damien 4-1 DNP
3. Konawaena 3-1
4. St. Francis 2-2 beat rival Pac-Five.
5. Pearl City 4-1 DNP
6. Waipahu 4-1
7. Kamehameha-Hawaii 4-1 lose to D-I Kealakehe.
8. Waialua 3-1
9. Pac-Five 2-2 Wolfpack are game but still last in ILH. One more round to go.
10.Kaimuki 3-2 Bulldogs return to the top ten.

Honokaa dropped out with the loss to Keaau.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week

No.2 Damien and No.4 St. Francis.Damien has played consistently at a higher level than the Saints have.I am not expecting the Monarchs to let things get interesting by losing in the second round to St. Francis this year.

No.8 Waialua at home against No.6 Waipahu. Bulldogs are fighters, but Waipahu should outman Waialua and win this matchup.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

St. Francis beat Damien. Chances are, both of these teams could finish 3-1. Does anyone know the tiebreaker to see which team plays Pac-Five in the playoffs? Is it a coinflip?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

If Damien and St.Francis finish the first round in a tie, my understanding is they have to play a game to determine the top seed for the ILH tournament. The
winner would also be the first round winner and get the bye and see who plays Pac-5 in the first playoff game.

Then presumably Damien and St. Francis meet again in the ILH championship game ... But if the first round winner and the championship game winner are different teams,then there has to be a rubber game to determine the champ who goes onto states.

Damien has left an opening for the Saints this year again.The first beneficiary will be Konawaena who is set to move up To No.2 in my top ten for week eight.

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

Some shifting in D2 looks like. Damien loses to St Francis and Kapaa barely beats Waimea. Both Damien and Kapaa seem to really be struggling offensively lately. Kapaa still pitching shutouts but it really is due to Kauai and Waimea having below average offenses. Getting interesting.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

University Ave wrote:Some shifting in D2 looks like. Damien loses to St Francis and Kapaa barely beats Waimea. Both Damien and Kapaa seem to really be struggling offensively lately. Kapaa still pitching shutouts but it really is due to Kauai and Waimea having below average offenses. Getting interesting.
I agree it's getting interesting. Konawaena's offense is starting to really come together and will test any defense with their quick tempo and variety of plays. KSH Defense on the other hand, will test Kona's O, but KSH is painfully struggling offensively. Their spread offense hasn't scored in over two games, depending on the run due to a non existent passing game. It was just a matter of time before Defenses took away the only threat, the deep timing route, forcing their inaccurate QB's to throw short. On October 8 both will meet in Kona to decide the DII home field for playoffs. Can't wait to watch the game.