Unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Unpaid D-II football

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Konawaena 27 Kamehameha Hawaii 23. What a game, instant classic. KSH came to play. That was the best I've seen them play yet this year. They pushed Konawaena to the brink and then some. They actually could have pulled it off, some might say they should have won. To me Ewing had an uncharacteristically bad night. Two fumbles and a pick. A couple of other passes could have turned in to pick sixes. His second fumble could have cost them the game. Fourth and less than one about a minute left
Ewing sneaks it, gets enough for the first tjen fumbles giving KSH a chance to pull the upset. I think Konawaena is a better team than what they showed last night. They killed themselves on offense with untimely penalties and turnovers. They would make a nice play only to have it called back and kill the drive. I also feel that this was a good game for them to play before Dtatrs because they had to fight tooth and nail to the end to escape with the victory. Again one of the better games I have seen in a while. Hope Konawaena can clean it up and make a run in States. I believe that out of the three teams from the BIIF int the State tourney this year that Konawaena has the best shot to bring home a State Title. Let's go Konawaena, Hilo, and Waialua...represent the BIIF well and best of luck to all three teams. GO BIIF!!!!

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Bee-ai-boi wrote:Konawaena 27 Kamehameha Hawaii 23. What a game, instant classic. KSH came to play. That was the best I've seen them play yet this year. They pushed Konawaena to the brink and then some. They actually could have pulled it off, some might say they should have won. To me Ewing had an uncharacteristically bad night. Two fumbles and a pick. A couple of other passes could have turned in to pick sixes. His second fumble could have cost them the game. Fourth and less than one about a minute left
Ewing sneaks it, gets enough for the first tjen fumbles giving KSH a chance to pull the upset. I think Konawaena is a better team than what they showed last night. They killed themselves on offense with untimely penalties and turnovers. They would make a nice play only to have it called back and kill the drive. I also feel that this was a good game for them to play before States because they had to fight tooth and nail to the end to escape with the victory. Again one of the better games I have seen in a while. Hope Konawaena can clean it up and make a run in States. I believe that out of the three teams from the BIIF int the State tourney this year that Konawaena has the best shot to bring home a State Title. Let's go Konawaena, Hilo, and Waialua...represent the BIIF well and best of luck to all three teams. GO BIIF!!!!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Bee-ai-boi wrote:
Bee-ai-boi wrote:Konawaena 27 Kamehameha Hawaii 23. What a game, instant classic. KSH came to play. That was the best I've seen them play yet this year. They pushed Konawaena to the brink and then some. They actually could have pulled it off, some might say they should have won. To me Ewing had an uncharacteristically bad night. Two fumbles and a pick. A couple of other passes could have turned in to pick sixes. His second fumble could have cost them the game. Fourth and less than one about a minute left
Ewing sneaks it, gets enough for the first tjen fumbles giving KSH a chance to pull the upset. I think Konawaena is a better team than what they showed last night. They killed themselves on offense with untimely penalties and turnovers. They would make a nice play only to have it called back and kill the drive. I also feel that this was a good game for them to play before States because they had to fight tooth and nail to the end to escape with the victory. Again one of the better games I have seen in a while. Hope Konawaena can clean it up and make a run in States. I believe that out of the three teams from the BIIF int the State tourney this year that Konawaena has the best shot to bring home a State Title. Let's go Konawaena, Hilo, and Waialua...represent the BIIF well and best of luck to all three teams. GO BIIF!!!!
My take is KS-Hawaii played their best game of the season while Konawaena played their worse, and that perfect storm could have cost them a BIIF championship and State birth. In the end it was turnovers on both sides that played a role in the outcome of the game. Although I like Konawaena's chances to win the DII state championship, they can't play the way they've played the last three games and think they can pull it out in the forth qtr. It will be a very competitive DII tournament and my fear is Kapaa and Konawaena peaked too early and are headed in the wrong direction, while other teams like Damien, Lahainaluna and Waipahu are peaking at the right time. I hope I'm wrong.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

I agree that Konawaena cannot play the way they did and win in States. Although I honestly believe that Konawaena hasn't played to their potential yet. Maybe they won't ever get there but I'm hoping they do cause if they can put it together they can be a really good team. I also hope last night's game was an eye opener and wake up call for them. They got at least two weeks to clean stuff up before they play again. I believe they have a solid coaching staff and will work to get the team moving in the right direction. Crossing my fingers and hoping they get it together cause if they do I really believe they have what it takes to bring a football State Title home to the Big Island. Just my two cents here and yea I am a Homer...LETS GO WILDCATS!!!!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong because I'm rooting for all DIIF teams to do well, but its been too many games of late where less than average teams score early and hold them down, at least in the first half. Their quick strike offense allows them that luxury against teams like Keaau, Waiakea, Kealakehe and Honokaa, but against better teams it may be a problem...case in point their only loss of the year against Hilo. Spotted Hilo 20 points and made a run but fell short, and last nights game against arguably the third best team on the Island, it was a game. One thing KSH and Hilo have in common is good defenses...The teams in the DII field all have good defenses. Konawaena and Hilo are well coached and I know they'll be ready for states.

OG 94
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OG 94 »

How do you all predict the seeding for states?

OG 94
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OG 94 »

I see it

#1 Konawaena bye
#2 Damien bye
#3 Kapaa vs Waialua
#4 Waipahu vs Lahainaluna

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

OG 94 wrote:I see it

#1 Konawaena bye
#2 Damien bye
#3 Kapaa vs Waialua
#4 Waipahu vs Lahainaluna
#1 Damien
#2 Konawaena
#3 Kapaa vs Waipahu
#4 Lahainaluna vs Waialua

locogrown808
High-quality H20 provider

Post by locogrown808 »

im hearing that damien might get hosed again this year...HHSAA just cant get it right [-X

OG 94
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OG 94 »

Also heard that Damien is gonna get hosed once again. They had a pretty tough schedule in the ILH playing Saint Francis 3 times who is a top 5 team without a doubt. Looking at their schedule their only losses came from Moanalua(D1 qualifier) and SFS on a last minute comeback. Looking at their interleague win they beat Maui (D1) 33-0 a team that knocked off Lahainluna then beat Kealakehe (D1) 41-7 a team that almost knocked off Hilo who is the #1 seed in the D1 tourney.In the ILH they played both Pac 5 and SFS who in my eyes are D2 Top 10 teams.Just by looking at all this these guys played a pretty good schedule and should get some love. Kapaa plays in the KIF which contains 2 teams that arent even ranked and losing to Kauai which i think should hurt their chances of getting a first round bye just by looking at their schedule and loss. I really feel that Damien should get a top 2 seed. If things dont fall their way I strongly believe that this Damien team and Coach Klaneski will prove a lot of people wrong each week no matter where they seed and surprise a lot people. My prediction to win it all has to go to the boys of Houghtailing St.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

OG 94 wrote:Also heard that Damien is gonna get hosed once again. They had a pretty tough schedule in the ILH playing Saint Francis 3 times who is a top 5 team without a doubt. Looking at their schedule their only losses came from Moanalua(D1 qualifier) and SFS on a last minute comeback. Looking at their interleague win they beat Maui (D1) 33-0 a team that knocked off Lahainluna then beat Kealakehe (D1) 41-7 a team that almost knocked off Hilo who is the #1 seed in the D1 tourney.In the ILH they played both Pac 5 and SFS who in my eyes are D2 Top 10 teams.Just by looking at all this these guys played a pretty good schedule and should get some love. Kapaa plays in the KIF which contains 2 teams that arent even ranked and losing to Kauai which i think should hurt their chances of getting a first round bye just by looking at their schedule and loss. I really feel that Damien should get a top 2 seed. If things dont fall their way I strongly believe that this Damien team and Coach Klaneski will prove a lot of people wrong each week no matter where they seed and surprise a lot people. My prediction to win it all has to go to the boys of Houghtailing St.
Not very good comparisons as most of these teams have drastically improved since preseason. Pick and choose games that suit your theory and I could do the same. Maui improved greatly since that game and that Kealakehe team you cite lost to Waiakea pretty handily, Hilo smashed Waiakea twice with a freshman at QB. I agree Damien should be 1 or 2, i just don't buy your justification.

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

We would've even be talking about Damien if St Francis didn't have 2 starters get hurt on offense that completely turned their fortunes. In the first half, the saints were simply dominating Damien. The lack of offense in the second half killed the saints. For most D2 schools, depth can be the difference. Losing two key starters make good teams mediocre.

Damien beat Kealakehe which probably suited up 25 kids. Kealakehe was straight terrible this year 3-5 and even worse when they played Damien with JV players filling in. They should've lost to PAC5 who was winless in the ILH, 2-5 overall. The Moanalua game was 40-9 in the fourth quarter, let's not put anymore weight into that game. I think Damien is a solid team but their resume can't overcome a 6-2 record to justify a top seed.

DA SCOUT

Post by DA SCOUT »

It is pretty strange how the seedlings came about but I do feel that Damien should have atleast been seeded no lower than #3 but before the Waipahu loss to wailua, Damien was seeded #6 with the top 3 seeds going to the outer island schools is rediculous! And also to say St Francis beating Damien that's just straight begging they lost one good player in the first half handin the ball off all game doesn't make you the second best player the guy runnin the ball was their best player St Francis got their okole the first game the2nd was a defensive battle but thanks to Damien's QB it gave St Francis a prayer which was answered and that's exactly what it was and the 3rd game Damien's QB tried to give the game to them again by throwing a pick and no looking a pitch to give St Francis their other score your crazy to think that pop warner offense would win a ILH title ! Big props to Saint Francis defense though really really tough and fun to watch especially the D line animal

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

What's going on with Kapa'a? Late season injuries to key players? They seemed to have struggled mightly the last two games after dominating everyone else throughout the season. But I guess they're miraculous No. 1 seed helps them out even more if injuries are the case. They pretty much will have had an entire month off

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

I'm a little concerned about Konawaena going into the tournament after a few bad Qtrs. Inactivity for them might not be a good thing, other than healing up players. My take after the KS game is their O needs to get in sync and their D is a substitution or two away from disaster. Not what you want heading into the semi finals against teams that are peaking at the right time. Hopefully I'm wrong.