Unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Unpaid D-II football

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Yup, division 2 just got a lot more interesting than it already was. A lot of parity this season and in my opinion, no clear cut favorite to win it all. I agree that Konawaena is getting better weekly. You could say lesser competition but they put up 40+ points three weeks in a row while pretty much trying to kill clock from the third quarter on. They looked really sharp against Kealekehe. My thought is that the Kona offense will test the KSH defense. KSH hasn't really played a crisp passing tempo offense like Konawaena's yet. After watching both units I don't think KSH can stop Konawaena's offense. Slow them down a little bit...maybe, but stop them I don't think so. Just my opinions here we will see when they meet up. Was also wondering why the schedule was changed. Wasn't the game supposed to be to s coming week. Now I believe Konawaena plays Honokaa this coming week. Also why the late start at 8:00.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Eight,

1. Kapaa 6-0
2. Konawaena 4-1
3. St. Francis 3-2
4. Damien 4-2 No. 9 Pac-5 next.
5. Pearl City 4-1 DNP
6. Waipahu 5-1
7. Kamehameha-Hawaii 5-1
8. Kaimuki 4-2
9. Pac-5 2-2 No.4 Damien next.
10. Waialua 3-2

Lahainaluna at 4-3 is looking to get back in the top ten.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliner this week,

No.4 Damien vs. No.9 Pac- 5

I think the Monarchs do not want to open the door to the ILH D-II championship any wider than they did by losing to St. Francis last weekend.Damien should be plenty motivated to win this contest. Picking Damien to win.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Konawaena looks just about unstoppable.

Damien 50,Pac-5 49 in triple OT.No easy games in ILH.

No.6 Waipahu and No.8 Kaimuki play Saturday. Like the Bulldogs heart but the Marauders come at you in waves.Kaimuki will need it's best effort to win. Picking Waipahu to win this one.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Konawaena looked good last night and appear to be coming together at the right time, but the scary thing is I don't think they're playing close to their potential yet. They had a little slow start, but thats against a Honokaa defense that shut KSH down for three Qtr's. Next weeks game against KSH will determine who will have home field for the BIIF DII championship game.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Getreal$
Was wondering if you had any info on the KSH-HPA game this afternoon. What's your take on the matchup between Konawaena and KSH? As for me I think Konawaena wins this one by a few scores. Konawaena's defense seems to give up a few big gains or a long drive at first then plays really good for the rest of the game. I don't think KSH will out physical Konawaena and the Kona D will stop their run game. Seems like KSH relies alot on the quick outs and hitches, if Kona shits that down I don't see KSH having too much success offensively. As for Konawaena's offense, I don't see KSH shutting them down for an entire game. Kona has too many weapons offensively. If Ewing and company get on a roll it may be a long night for KSH. Just my take on the matchup but hey it's high school football an stuff happens. Can't wait for Saturday to see this game.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Nine

1.Kapaa 6-0 DNP
2.Konawaena 6-1 No.7 Kamehameha-Hawaii next
3.St. Francis 3-2 DNP
4.Damien 5-2
5.Pearl City 5-1 No.10 Kaimuki next
6.Waipahu 6-1
7. Kamehameha-Hawaii 6-1 See Konawaena
8.Waialua 3-2 DNP
9.Lahainaluna 4-3
10.Kaimuki 4-3 See Pearl City

Pac-5 drops out with the loss to Damien.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Bee-ai-boi wrote:Getreal$
Was wondering if you had any info on the KSH-HPA game this afternoon. What's your take on the matchup between Konawaena and KSH? As for me I think Konawaena wins this one by a few scores. Konawaena's defense seems to give up a few big gains or a long drive at first then plays really good for the rest of the game. I don't think KSH will out physical Konawaena and the Kona D will stop their run game. Seems like KSH relies alot on the quick outs and hitches, if Kona shits that down I don't see KSH having too much success offensively. As for Konawaena's offense, I don't see KSH shutting them down for an entire game. Kona has too many weapons offensively. If Ewing and company get on a roll it may be a long night for KSH. Just my take on the matchup but hey it's high school football an stuff happens. Can't wait for Saturday to see this game.
I only stayed through the third qtr...Kamehameha's offense is their Defense, no consistency passing with a little success running the ball, but thats against a bad HPA team. I've never seen a HPA team this bad ever. It looks like they're looking to the future by starting the young freshman at QB, Kealoha. He has nice height and will put on weight as his body matures. As for the KSH/Konawaena match up, Konawaena will run circles around that D and the KSH Offense will be lucky if they score even once. Their QB situation is up in the air with Like starting the game but was pulled in the second half for the Junior, Naipo-Arsiga after another poor performance. That move won't work against Kona as Like is their passing QB and Naipo-Arsiga the option QB. Either way, they won't move the ball and the Kona offense will tire out that D and run them over. Thats my take.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Thanks for the always great info and insight. As for the Konawaema-KSH matchup, I pretty much feel the same way but was just trying to be a little P.C.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Bee-ai-boi wrote:Thanks for the always great info and insight. As for the Konawaema-KSH matchup, I pretty much feel the same way but was just trying to be a little P.C.
Honestly, if you look at the teams KS Hawaii played so far, its easy to see why they're 6-1. Wins over Waiakea twice, Kauai, Honokaa, Keaau, and HPA..not what you would call quality wins. A loss against Kealakehe and games to come against Hilo and Kona before the championship game against Kona again, that will be the true test for them. Don't get me wrong, I like KS Hawaii but they are over hyped by the media and coaching staff and have yet to prove anything, well at least to me, and that goes for their defense as well. The game against Kona will either prove me wrong or confirm what I've been saying. I just don't se them fixing their offense in a week to be competitive with Kona.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.5 Pearl City and No.10 Kaimuki. Picking the Chargers to win. They are on a mission. The Bulldogs are too, but Pearl City seems to be getting to their goal with fewer losses so far.

No.2 Konawaena and No.7 Kamehameha-Hawaii. Konawaena seems to be getting better every week, while the Warriors seem to be still struggling on offense.It's week ten coming up and you still aren't consistent on offense....have to go with Konawaena for the win here.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote:Headliners this week,

No.5 Pearl City and No.10 Kaimuki. Picking the Chargers to win. They are on a mission. The Bulldogs are too, but Pearl City seems to be getting to their goal with fewer losses so far.

No.2 Konawaena and No.7 Kamehameha-Hawaii. Konawaena seems to be getting better every week, while the Warriors seem to be still struggling on offense.It's week ten coming up and you still aren't consistent on offense....have to go with Konawaena for the win here.
@unpaid: Interesting that Pearl City is ranked five slots higher than Kaimuki, when Kaimuki beat McKinley 41-0, and Pearl City beat McKinley 23-0.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

It may be interesting ,but it should not be a mystery. Thanks to the way the OIA does business, OIA schools can only have one out of conference game per year count on their record. So D-II OIA teams have 7 league games ... Right now, Pearl City is 5-1 and Kaimuki is 4-3. One loss against three losses. There should be no reason to wonder why the Chargers are higher ranked than the Bulldogs.

However,PC and KAIM go head to head this week. Let' see what happens.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote:It may be interesting ,but it should not be a mystery. Thanks to the way the OIA does business, OIA schools can only have one out of conference game per year count on their record. So D-II OIA teams have 7 league games ... Right now, Pearl City is 5-1 and Kaimuki is 4-3. One loss against three losses. There should be no reason to wonder why the Chargers are higher ranked than the Bulldogs.

However,PC and KAIM go head to head this week. Let' see what happens.
@unpaid: Yes, that should settle it. Although, it would appear that Pearl City's O has hit some kind of snag. If I'm not mistaken, McKinley shut them out the first half. If Pearl City wants to get past Kaimuki, they're going to have to fix their O fast.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Headliners this week,

The question is if KS-Hawaii's D can slowdown Konawaena's O and cause turnovers, because KS offense stinks bad.