ILH Varsity D1 Schedule

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ILH Varsity D1 Schedule

Post by gopunahou »

There hasn't been an official release of the schedule yet, but there've been rumors that the D1 ILH season will start on September 1 and end around October 7. I've got two issues with that: #1, why couldn't the league give all four teams a bye after the first three league games? Playing top-notch competition for six straight weeks will take a toll and cause a lot of injuries. And #2, why is the season ending on October 7? That is WAY to early to end the regular season. If a team won the league on October 7, there'd be FIVE WEEKS between games for them, as the state tournament semifinals are on November 11. Tell me that team wouldn't be rusty as hell! This is idiotic planning and incompetence at best. I hope the ILH can change this and maybe start the season on September 8, 9, or 10, have a bye week after the first three weeks, and end the season on October 21, with the league championship game (if necessary) happening on October 27 or 28.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: ILH Varsity D1 Schedule

Post by Dog 96707 »

Unofficial but I heard that the ILH season will start on Sept. 9th, every team plays each other twice, no byes. Then a playoff between #1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3, winners play the next week to determine the ILH rep. Yea, it seems like the ILH is going backwards. LOL. Some teams may play each other 3 times??.... I can't see the Champion coming out undefeated, The games will be too competitive. Oh well, here's to an exciting season!!!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ILH Varsity D1 Schedule

Post by gopunahou »

Dog 96707 wrote:Unofficial but I heard that the ILH season will start on Sept. 9th, every team plays each other twice, no byes. Then a playoff between #1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3, winners play the next week to determine the ILH rep. Yea, it seems like the ILH is going backwards. LOL. Some teams may play each other 3 times??.... I can't see the Champion coming out undefeated, The games will be too competitive. Oh well, here's to an exciting season!!!
Damn. That's brutal. Like you said, it's highly unlikely that a team will come out undefeated. Without a bye, all of those consecutive games could HURT whoever wins the league and hurt their chances to win the state title.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!