Way too soon football Top Tens.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Way too soon football Top Tens.

Post by gopunahou »

I'd also like to see if anyone disagrees with me on this: Do we REALLY need to start the season the first week of August? Or shall I say end it the week before Thanksgiving? Some OIA plays won't play a game in October because their season will end in September. And don't give me the "well, OIA schools all start in September" BS. You can still schedule practices afterschool and then start the season in the middle of the month. I'm against ending the season the week before Thanksgiving because pretty soon, we'll be playing actual games in July. We've already got scrimmages happening then. This is one of the many examples of how the OIA conducts business poorly.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Bee-ai-boi wrote:Ok...I get it with Damien, they were the runner up in 2003. St.Francis hasnt been to states. Not sure but I believe they have at most 5 wins since starting football.(No offense to St.Francis). Are they that loaded and talented? Just curious. It's all Good where you ranked Kona no arguments here...just wondered why those two teams were put above them.
Konawaena will be the class of DII football on the Big Island, however, St. Francis (unless kids transferred) should be up there at #2 or 3 for sure. Where unpaid has Konawaena ranked at this point is just about right. Fortunately the two teams play each other during preseason so we will get our answer really quick. Also, I believe Konawaena opens regular season play against Hilo High, a team that that should run the table on the Island and represent BIIF in DI since they return lots of starters from last year, so we should know right away. The unknown this year is KS Hawaii. They lost the entire OL and some key skilled position players like Batacan and Manliguis and WR Whitney to graduation. Will be interesting.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

I totally agree with you on Hilo being the top D1 team on the island. They have been a really solid program for years. I believe the battle for top spot overall will be decided when Hilo and Konawaena mix it up.(Do you know who has home field in that game)? Your right about Konawaena and St. Francis mixing it up early, should be a battle. Too bad it's going to be on Oahu. If....Konawaena gets past St. Francis and wins D2, what do you think their chances of having a deep run in States are. I think they are a serious D2 title contender. Do you think Hilo has a chance in States?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Bee-ai-boi wrote:I totally agree with you on Hilo being the top D1 team on the island. They have been a really solid program for years. I believe the battle for top spot overall will be decided when Hilo and Konawaena mix it up.(Do you know who has home field in that game)? Your right about Konawaena and St. Francis mixing it up early, should be a battle. Too bad it's going to be on Oahu. If....Konawaena gets past St. Francis and wins D2, what do you think their chances of having a deep run in States are. I think they are a serious D2 title contender. Do you think Hilo has a chance in States?
Hilo has home field this year and its too early to know just how well teams will do in States. Just think if Hilo hosts a first round game at wong stadium after a week of "Hilo rain" and the field totally muddy, you never know? Hilo does play Punahou and Kamehameha Kapalama again this year, so we will see how that goes. As for Konawaena, they'll make it to States barring any injuries to key players. Once there, the match ups and style of play will determine success at any of the rounds. You make a good argument about Konawaena giving Redford all they could handle last year, but Damien could make the same argument about their loss to Konawaena. I'm just excited football season is right around the corner, GO BIIF!!

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

You literally made me laugh out loud about Wong Stadium...that was funny. Question is would they hold the game there? I recall they hosted their first round game vs. Cambell at Keeau high school. Like you, can't wait for the season to start. Hilo vs.Konawaena should be a good one, we get to see in my opinion two of the better QB's each school has seen in a while...and yeah GO BIIF!!

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

I heard Kam cancelled their game with Hilo, and Hilo will now play St.louis in Hilo. Can anyone confirm this?

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Scoringlive top ten:
1. Mililani

OC16 top ten:
1. Mililani

get a clue ladies!
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

huki-lau-lau wrote:Scoringlive top ten:
1. Mililani

OC16 top ten:
1. Mililani

get a clue ladies!
Really? You sure that's not from last year?
If not, what a joke.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

I was joking and I was caling the scoringlive an oc16 polsters ladies dat dont got a clue
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

huki-lau-lau wrote:I was joking and I was caling the scoringlive an oc16 polsters ladies dat dont got a clue
lol. good one.
on a more serious note, i hope Big Red can find a replacement for Keala boy in the secondary;
I think Big Red and Waianae, based on what's coming back, are the teams to beat in the OIA, but what Tata did for Kahuku's D, you can bet JJ is going to do for Kapolei's O.

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

bigbangah wrote:I agree with the Ranking!!!! Waianae returns Starting QB Jaren Ulu Smartest kid on the feild, great leader, big arm!!! Rico Rosario is all-Purpose can play anywhere RB/slot Can take it to the house on any touch!!! When these guys where Jv they won the Championship!!! Four of the 5 starting OL return!!!
Sorry, you OIA guys are out of touch. I made the big mistake of doubting Kahuku last year because of the competition. Kahuku is the ONLY team in the OIA that deserves all the hype even in a down year for Kahuku. However, I'm still spot on when it comes to the other OIA schools, the rest of the OIA is mediocre at best. Yes, ILH has the unfair advantage of grabbing kids from the entire island, OIA schools do not have that luxury. That's why the OIA (except for Kahuku) does not deserve to be anywhere near #3.

Waianae does not deserve to be in front of Punahou at all. It seems you pollsters always need to hype the OIA. Mililani would be the only other OIA team that deserves the praise based on the last few years. Glad to see you realize Mililani is not the same team as the last few years. C'mon Man.........Waianae? What the heck have they done in the last 20 years? It will be Kahuku again, St. Louis and Punahou are the most capable of competing with them this year for the title and that's it.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Squid Diver wrote:
Sorry, you OIA guys are out of touch. I made the big mistake of doubting Kahuku last year because of the competition. Kahuku is the ONLY team in the OIA that deserves all the hype even in a down year for Kahuku. However, I'm still spot on when it comes to the other OIA schools, the rest of the OIA is mediocre at best. Yes, ILH has the unfair advantage of grabbing kids from the entire island, OIA schools do not have that luxury. That's why the OIA (except for Kahuku) does not deserve to be anywhere near #3.

Waianae does not deserve to be in front of Punahou at all. It seems you pollsters always need to hype the OIA. Mililani would be the only other OIA team that deserves the praise based on the last few years. Glad to see you realize Mililani is not the same team as the last few years. C'mon Man.........Waianae? What the heck have they done in the last 20 years? It will be Kahuku again, St. Louis and Punahou are the most capable of competing with them this year for the title and that's it.
EXACTLY this.

This is why there should be no super conference combining ILH and OIA, The ILH has the unfair advantage of recruiting the elite popwarner kids state wide to supply their varsity program and being competitive every year. The ILH big 3 would smoke everyone in the OIA except Kahuku. Leilehua won a state title once and thats about all they will get. Mililani was D1 champs last year only because they recruited, can Mililani recruit every year in order to stay competitive? Its not even a level or fair playing field.

Kahuku is the only OIA team that can keep up with the ILH consistently. What happened in 2010 when Kahuku was about to whoop Mariota and the Crusaders in the Championship game? Kahuku got DQ'd and Waianae went in and got blasted. No OIA team can keep up with the ILH and that is why there needs to be a seperation. The haves and the Have nots.

Kahuku winning multiple titles is the only reason the ILH feels there should be a super league. St.Louis losing again this past year really must have set the brotherhood off. Bad enough they want to buy all the elite talent from around the state, now they want to buy the whole conference.

Im sure the Brotherhood are now crying that Kahuku has a cake walk during the regular season leading up to the state tournament, where as the ILH is all beaten up from playing eachother two or even three times. Well last year Kahuku was the most banged up and an injured team during the playoffs and in the title game.

HaterOfElitists

Post by HaterOfElitists »

gridiron22 wrote:
Squid Diver wrote:

EXACTLY this.

This is why there should be no super conference combining ILH and OIA, The ILH has the unfair advantage of recruiting the elite popwarner kids state wide to supply their varsity program and being competitive every year. The ILH big 3 would smoke everyone in the OIA except Kahuku. Leilehua won a state title once and thats about all they will get. Mililani was D1 champs last year only because they recruited, can Mililani recruit every year in order to stay competitive? Its not even a level or fair playing field.

Kahuku is the only OIA team that can keep up with the ILH consistently. What happened in 2010 when Kahuku was about to whoop Mariota and the Crusaders in the Championship game? Kahuku got DQ'd and Waianae went in and got blasted. No OIA team can keep up with the ILH and that is why there needs to be a seperation. The haves and the Have nots.

Kahuku winning multiple titles is the only reason the ILH feels there should be a super league. St.Louis losing again this past year really must have set the brotherhood off. Bad enough they want to buy all the elite talent from around the state, now they want to buy the whole conference.

Im sure the Brotherhood are now crying that Kahuku has a cake walk during the regular season leading up to the state tournament, where as the ILH is all beaten up from playing eachother two or even three times. Well last year Kahuku was the most banged up and an injured team during the playoffs and in the title game.
Stop with the excuses and hypocrisy, OIA fans.

"We lack the resources to compete with the private schools."

"We too broke."

"We no get rich kids like Punahou."

"We no can send kids to college and graduate successful kids the way private schools can."

"We get shatty facilities and nobody to donate money to help us improve them."

Give me a break and stop with the hypocrisy.

If Kahuku can do it, why can't other OIA schools? That should be their motto. "If Kahuku can do it, why can't we?"

This plan may or may not work, but we won't know unless we give it a try. I say kefe those who are against the proposal. And may I add "give it a chance"?

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

HaterOfElitists wrote:
Give me a break and stop with the hypocrisy.

If Kahuku can do it, why can't other OIA schools? That should be their motto. "If Kahuku can do it, why can't we?"
So you want to tell the other depleted OIA schools to suck it up and adopt the motto "If Kahuku can do it, why can't we?"

Well why dont you tell the ILH schools the same thing, "If Kahuku can win a state title why cant we without having to create a new super conference on top of our state wide recruiting efforts and alumni funding"

HaterOfElitists

Post by HaterOfElitists »

As I said before gridiron22, it may or may not work, but the only way we'll know is if we give it a chance.