Wrestling - Changing of the Guard

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
lowkey
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Wrestling - Changing of the Guard

Post by lowkey »

How many of you followed the Division 1 NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS?
What did you learn?
Your and opinions please! :D

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Wrestling - Changing of the Guard

Post by twnoexcuses »

lowkey wrote:How many of you followed the Division 1 NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS?
What did you learn?
Your and opinions please! :D
I learned ESPN3 is irritating, and needs to create an index of matches on each "mat".

ProudDad
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by ProudDad »

All I can say is David Terao represented da 808...Much props to him for becoming an All American and damn, dat standing ovation he received after his 3rd place match even thou he lost brought chicken skin...he was mentioned in FloWrestling on a constant basis and was a fan favorite.I think he showed dat u can use judo against high caliber wresters if done right....Another local kid Dane Pestano battled hard and lost close matches...he got a taste of da NCCA and hopefully will do better next time..Hawaii is on da map and hopefully more recruiters will take a peek here...I'm excited to see what younger Terao will do...

lowkey
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by lowkey »

lowkey
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by lowkey »

Kamehameha alumni Dane Paihi Pestano of Iowa State went 0-2 just like David did his first year. He has 3 more year if I'm not mistaken. I'm hopeful he will continue his growth. Joshua Terao should be back in the lineup next year too. Not sure what weight class he will be competing at yet. Hawaii needs to support these athletes as they represent the future of our athletes.
Do we have anyone else at Division1? Air Force has Ikeihara but not sure if he will start, I hope so.