Milton decommits, commits to UCF

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Milton decommits, commits to UCF

Post by J-Rod »

Big blow to this recruiting class.
https://twitter.com/McChickenzie/status/690032765430005761

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Milton commits to UCF

Post by rednblue »

Big loss to our class, he's gonna be good. Good for him though, big opportunity playing for new HC Scott Frost in basically the same offense he's been doninating with the last few years. another chance to represent Hawaii. Best of luck

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

rolo must of told him he wasn't his guy.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

kalua pig wrote:rolo must of told him he wasn't his guy.
If he's good enough for a team that won a major bowl only two years ago, he's good enough for our struggling program. We're struggling to build a full class, we are in no position to turn away players like Milton.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

J-Rod wrote:
If he's good enough for a team that won a major bowl only two years ago, he's good enough for our struggling program.
then why did he decide to go to a florida school after saying his word was good with hawaii?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

kalua pig wrote:after saying his word was good with hawaii?
lol because 18 year old recruits do that every year. It happens 100s of times every recruiting cycle.

I remember a few years ago, there was a QB headed to Washington...that staff built a relationship with that kid for 1.5 years. He was committed the whole way until 2 weeks before signing day. USC offered and he took it right away. Kids change their mind all the time, loyalty is a two way street in recruiting.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

J-Rod wrote:
lol because 18 year old recruits do that every year. It happens 100s of times every recruiting cycle.

I remember a few years ago, there was a QB headed to Washington...that staff built a relationship with that kid for 1.5 years. He was committed the whole way until 2 weeks before signing day. USC offered and he took it right away. Kids change their mind all the time, loyalty is a two way street in recruiting.
#twoface.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

J-Rod wrote:

No commitment is solid until the LOI is signed. Better for Milton to de-commit from UH now.......instead of deal with the whole local media drama/scrutiny on NLI Day.

Unfortunately that only leaves UH with 2 local HS commits (Timoteo & Muti) thus far. Since most of the local HS prospects (Anae, Auwae, Eletise, Herbig, Iosefa, Kobayashi, Latu, Malepeai) don't appear to be tripping UH, hopefully UH can still land some of the remaining uncommitted local HS prospects (Foster, Reid, Santiago, Taulapapa).

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

kalua pig wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
If he's good enough for a team that won a major bowl only two years ago, he's good enough for our struggling program.
then why did he decide to go to a florida school after saying his word was good with hawaii?
Good question. I guess once he saw who was being recruited by the warriors he felt he wasn't going to have a chance to play QB. With Zwahlen, Reilly and Tullis it would have been tough for him. Probably was asked to change positions. Looked like he could've played slot but on the skinny side.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

amela wrote:
kalua pig wrote:
J-Rod wrote: If he's good enough for a team that won a major bowl only two years ago, he's good enough for our struggling program.
Good question. I guess once he saw who was being recruited by the warriors he felt he wasn't going to have a chance to play QB. With Zwahlen, Reilly and Tullis it would have been tough for him. Probably was asked to change positions. Looked like he could've played slot but on the skinny side.
my feeling is rolo was after the trojan horse and told milton he would honor his scholorship,but look around.

KanakaMaoli96792
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KanakaMaoli96792 »

Ah!

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

Good luck to this young man

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I guess between recruiting JC QB's and dual-threat HS QB's on the mainland, the writing may have been on the wall about his potential role on the team if he stayed home. I think this is the best move for both parties, especially if he's no longer a good fit for the offense here (if that's the case)... Best of luck to him.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I think Rolo got the feeling that Milton wasn't a solid commit, especially after UCF and Scott Frost came calling. So Rolo went looking around as any good coach would do. You need second and third options. And verbal commits mean nothing. No commit is solid until the LOI is signed, sealed and delivered.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

I think Milton's dream school was Oregon, whom he had some contact with this past summer and beginning of the season. With the Duck's OC heading over to UCF, the pitch was probably about being the guy for Oregon "East" running the same blur spread/option system. I don't think Milton was necessarily two faced or scared of competition. This is just a better situation joining a team that is only a year or so removed from a major bowl victory and a coaching staff whose roots come directly from his dream school.