June Jones Kapolei HS OC for 2016 season

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
PrideRockFB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

June Jones to coach Kapolei!

Post by PrideRockFB »

*BREAKING NEWS* - FORMER UH HEAD FB COACH JUNE JONES WILL BECOME THE NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR FOR KAPOLEI HIGH SCHOOL

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider

June Jones Kapolei HS OC for 2016 season

Post by Dog 96707 »

This should be interesting. the younger Tagovailoa at qb and tons of skilled players returning. I thought Tagovailoas Dad was the OC, not sure what happened there. Anyway, should be exciting

amela

Re: June Jones to coach Kapolei!

Post by amela »

AWESOME.

KanakaMaoli96792
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KanakaMaoli96792 »

He should of applied at KAMEHAMEHA, that would be cherry.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: June Jones Kapolei HS OC for 2016 season

Post by gopunahou »

Dog 96707 wrote:This should be interesting. the younger Tagovailoa at qb and tons of skilled players returning. I thought Tagovailoas Dad was the OC, not sure what happened there. Anyway, should be exciting
They said the dad would take some time off to watch his kids (since both are in HS).
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

wow, altres staffing is pretty effective!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Taulia Tagovailoa :D

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

With a local high school coaching resume ,June would be in position to assume future openings at Iolani or Saint Louis. He is a person that can build national HS ranked program. Plus I know he has a love for the islands.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

I think Hernandez jumped the gun. If you look at what JJ said, it doesn't indicate he really wants to settle as an OC at a high school. He said he might take an NFL job if those pop up, and said he'd help out at Kapolei if needed. Didnt sound like a convincing commitment. Most of the buzz has been based off of everyone elses word but JJs.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

eonatoa wrote:I think Hernandez jumped the gun. If you look at what JJ said, it doesn't indicate he really wants to settle as an OC at a high school. He said he might take an NFL job if those pop up, and said he'd help out at Kapolei if needed. Didnt sound like a convincing commitment. Most of the buzz has been based off of everyone elses word but JJs.
Yeah thats how I felt after seeing his interview as well. Even if those NFL jobs don't come to fruition, I can't see JJ staying there more than a season, at OC no less. If he was that desperate to stay in the islands, he should've applied for the OC for Rolo instead of Hernandez. lol

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

KanakaMaoli96792 wrote:He should of applied at KAMEHAMEHA, that would be cherry.
@KanakaMaoli96792: That's exactly what I was thinking. Not necessarily because Kamehameha will have a better team (they might not; who knows?), but because Kamehameha is offering a head coaching position. If you're June Jones, why settle for being only an offensive coordinator, when you could be a head coach? And, we're talking high school. Jones has been a well-known successful college head coach; what high school would turn him down? I think that if he had applied for the Kamehameha HC position, he would have gotten it. Again, what high school would turn-down someone with his gold-plated credentials? I think he's an even better coach than Rolovich, and Rolo is UH's HC.

HaterOfElitists

Post by HaterOfElitists »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
KanakaMaoli96792 wrote:He should of applied at KAMEHAMEHA, that would be cherry.
@KanakaMaoli96792: That's exactly what I was thinking. Not necessarily because Kamehameha will have a better team (they might not; who knows?), but because Kamehameha is offering a head coaching position. If you're June Jones, why settle for being only an offensive coordinator, when you could be a head coach? And, we're talking high school. Jones has been a well-known successful college head coach; what high school would turn him down? I think that if he had applied for the Kamehameha HC position, he would have gotten it. Again, what high school would turn-down someone with his gold-plated credentials? I think he's an even better coach than Rolovich, and Rolo is UH's HC.
Oh look who is back--HS Football Fanatic! The user who refuses to think for himself, instead letting the rankings dictate everything he finds out about football! The user who defends the worst users of all time here--oldnite and saintlouisontop--and criticizes anyone that rags on those two users! The user who makes me pine for Auffrey/Big Dog/Infidel--kefe that, I ain't going that far! Nobody can make me or anybody else pine for Auffrey79/Big Dog/Infidel, the user who belongs in Guantanamo to be water boarded, made to eat rat turds and cat urine, and whipped! Nevertheless, I'll change my opinion of you, HS Football Fanatic, if you stop supporting the worst kind of users (this side of Auffrey79/Big Dog/Infidel, of course) and start showing a willingness to think for yourself.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

I can't see JJ getting complete satisfaction out of this once his system is in place. While it's being implemented, yes, but probably not after one season. He longs to fry bigger fish here in the islands and I believe he's earned the right to do so.