Early favorites to win ILH D1,D2, OIA

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
keahidarippa
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Early favorites to win ILH D1,D2, OIA

Post by keahidarippa »

Who is the favorites for next season?

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Early favorites to win ILH D1,D2, OIA

Post by Markeke »

If your talking high school football, Kahuku should be favorite for the OIA and STATE D1. ILH toss up PUNAHOU and STL. KAPAA should be #1 for D2 especially if RADFORD and NANAKULI moved up. KAIMUKI should be OIA D2 champs. Only way KAHUKU loses it would be if the principal gets a power trip again. Tata has fattened his portfolio by taking a team to an undefeated season to number 1 in Hawaii, all in his first year. With a lot of openings in college D1, who knows? Would Hao be head coach? If Tata stays, Kahuku wins. The next feat would be national rankings in the single digits for Kahuku.

keahidarippa
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by keahidarippa »

Kapaa & konawaena i get for d2 and in the ILH its a toss up between st francis & damien but probably damien.

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

ILH D1, I would think Punahou has to be favorite. They basically return their whole team, only real loss would be at rb but I'm sure they have someone waiting and ready to go. Now, St. Louis will have some studs back on Defense and offense. But Zero coming back on OL and DL.......that's where u win the game. However, I wouldn't count them out. The wild card is always Kamehameha, they always have talent, it's just a matter of if they can string it together. With coach cosbie resigning and with rumors floating around that June Jones may take over, this might be the team to watch out for next season........
ILH D2, It'll be between Damien and St.Francis. Both young squads with a lot of returnees coming back.
OIA D1, Kahuku.................That's all, Just Kahuku
OIA D2, Kaimuki returns a young team. I believe that they will be the top dawgs next season

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Okay this might be a little early but here's my picks:

ILH- Punahou should win out, but I will go out on a limb and say Kamehameha will upset St. Louis or Punahou and make it a three team toss up with Punahou pulling it off.
OIA D1-Kahuku will not be challenged.
BIIF- Hilo returns 36 players including their QB and a good number of Offense and Defensive starters.
MIL - Baldwin
D2 ILH- St. Francis will run the table and go undefeated in league play.
D2 OIA- Kaimuki will be pushed to the very end by Waipahu. I will go with Waipahu in an upset in the championship game, but both teams will represent the OIA.
D2 Kauai- Kapaa but I don't think it will be an easy road on the Garden Isle.
D2 Big Island- On paper and from this past seasons performance one would think Kona is a runaway favorite. After really looking at the teams returning players and departing players, they will win the Island but not make it out of the first round next year. They lose too much impact skilled players which will put a lot on the QB's shoulders. He is good but the players around him made him better. We need to wait and see what Kealakehe kids jump to Konawaena. Sleeper will be HPA
D2MIL-Lahainaluna will be back to championship form.
CHAMPIONSHIP prediction
D1 Kahuku vs Punahou
D2 Kapaa vs St. Francis

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

I think I'll wait til at least spring ball to make any kind of guess-timation. so much can happen between now and spring, and even from spring to pre-season.
Have a Safe and Happy New Year y'all!

RRFL!

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

St. Louis with Tua is still one of the most dangerous teams in the state.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

About Punahou--anything worse than a 2nd-place finish and a 5-1 (or 4-2) ILH record would be a disappointment with the talent and experience coming back, as well as a group of seniors that are itching to win a state title. St. Louis will be tough as always while Kamehameha always does best when many don't expect much of them, but failing to contend in 2016 will be inexcusable for Punahou. I am confident that next year's team will do so and play on a mission as it should.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

June Jones at Kamehameha? haha

SeaCucumber
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SeaCucumber »

I haven't watched that much DII football this year but my nephew played on Waipahu Vars team. They had a hard season but I watched most of the JV's games and with a little maturity and less penalties, could have a really good season in DII. The QB is pretty good and the receiving core is legit. Here's one video I could find with the JV receivers. https://youtu.be/Y8Zsu5E819s

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

gridiron22 wrote:St. Louis with Tua is still one of the most dangerous teams in the state.
Yup.

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

I'm interested to hear why some of you are so high on St. Louis? All anyone can mention about them next year is Tua, Tua, Tua. Did you guys not see the title game against Kahuku? No doubt, the personnel on Kahuku's defense deserves tons of credit, but the scheme that night exposed some things. First of all, the Crusaders lose OL and receivers. From Tabuyo, Stubblefied, Kobayashi, they've always had the luxury of a receiver that could stretch the field. Who's the next one? Sykes? Oasay returns...who else? Who is Tua, Tua, Tua throwing the ball to? Who's protecting him? We've already seen what happens with no protection. Kahuku showed every ILH team how to bracket and defend their slots while leaving the corner 15 yards off to prevent the deep ball. ILH schools are smart enough to take that blueprint and find the same success. Unless you guys are deeply informed about what they have coming up from the intermediate team or their usual big transfers, I can't mention St. Louis with the same confidence as some of you.