Kahuku is the best

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Kahuku is the best

Post by saynotomercs »

Terrific game plan and tackling from the Red Raider D. Ron Lee sucks and Tua played scared from the first snap.

But the FG at the end? Vae Tata and John Hao are dead to me.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Re: Kahuku is the best

Post by reignjah11 »

Hard to fault Tua though. The guy was getting pressured all night long. Kahuku would had set a sack record if it weren't for Tua's mobility. Yea that fg at the end was unnecessary but I thought of it more of Tata giving Sasaoka a chance at redemption than sticking it to St. Louis. If anything breaking out the pre made state champions shirt at the end was worse.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

reignjah11 wrote:Hard to fault Tua though. The guy was getting pressured all night long. Kahuku would had set a sack record if it weren't for Tua's mobility. Yea that fg at the end was unnecessary but I thought of it more of Tata giving Sasaoka a chance at redemption than sticking it to St. Louis. If anything breaking out the pre made state champions shirt at the end was worse.
Redemption is kind of late up 36-14 with 10 second left.

I don't mind the shirts too much. Tata knows that he's head and shoulders above any of these coaches- the guy should be a FBS DC by now if he didn't display the kind of drink and drive judgement that landed him back in the high school ranks.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

dat d was nuts, the stunting n blitzing n packages....u no see it on tv but all the movement and different looks was too much for tua to process in live mode. .we already have da talent but seem like in this game tata coached D up to a whole nother level. if stlouis alumni wanna say bcause of stlouis alumni coach tata the red raider win? i only give u 50% credit but kahu alwasy have the talent. also i seen one d package the middle LB never even caare about QB he run straight to the tackle and pop him, was infront of ref so i gues was no penalty
-------------------

Hawaii808ss
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii808ss »

Good game and congrats to Kahuku....the Kahuku D proved me wrong and they were for real. No excuses. But then again, Kahuku will never top St Louis 14 straight prep bowl titles and state championship. Next year wil probably be the same two teams in the state final. Providing St Louis can get past Punahou again. Kahuku should make it back considering Mililani losing all their offensive weapons to graduation. Kahuku will not have the same D next year with majority of their D graduating. The two running backs will be back next year (Brown and Chips Ah-Hoy), but Tua will be back for redemption on all y'all North Shore boys. Believe that! Crusader for Life!!! Congrats to Kahuku though. I hope everyone made it back home to Laie safely tonight.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

Hawaii808ss wrote:Good game and congrats to Kahuku....the Kahuku D proved me wrong and they were for real. No excuses. But then again, Kahuku will never top St Louis 14 straight prep bowl titles and state championship. Next year wil probably be the same two teams in the state final. Providing St Louis can get past Punahou again. Kahuku should make it back considering Mililani losing all their offensive weapons to graduation. Kahuku will not have the same D next year with majority of their D graduating. The two running backs will be back next year (Brown and Chips Ah-Hoy), but Tua will be back for redemption on all y'all North Shore boys. Believe that! Crusader for Life!!! Congrats to Kahuku though. I hope everyone made it back home to Laie safely tonight.
Of course your gonna bring up the prep bowls haha

kahuku returns 9/10 players return on offense with a bunch of studs returning on defense.. Kaniho, botelho, sauvao, vimahi, reed should anchor a decent defense with a good mix coming up from JV.

We all got love for the crusaders and calee, nothing but respect for that program. No other team we'd rather play and the only team I'd rather see win from the ILH in my humble opinion lol.. Good luck and hope both teams can make it back next year:)

95boyz
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by 95boyz »

Hawaii808ss wrote:Good game and congrats to Kahuku....the Kahuku D proved me wrong and they were for real. No excuses. But then again, Kahuku will never top St Louis 14 straight prep bowl titles and state championship. Next year wil probably be the same two teams in the state final. Providing St Louis can get past Punahou again. Kahuku should make it back considering Mililani losing all their offensive weapons to graduation. Kahuku will not have the same D next year with majority of their D graduating. The two running backs will be back next year (Brown and Chips Ah-Hoy), but Tua will be back for redemption on all y'all North Shore boys. Believe that! Crusader for Life!!! Congrats to Kahuku though. I hope everyone made it back home to Laie safely tonight.
The Prep Bowl era is in the past where it should be because now no more 19 year old Crusaders roaming the field. The playing field has been leveled sine '99. It's a new generation, new boss in town since 2000. Tua will be back of course, and St Louis will be good as always. But learn from this game that it's never a lock on any team. Gotta work hard every season cause you never know. The only people who thought Kahuku was gonna win was Kahuku. Media gave them no shot, yet in this Championship era prior to this game, we had 7 titles (about half of the State titles at the time). Now we got 8, exactly half. Kahuku is big brother and have been big brother in this Championship era yet for some reason when we make it to the title game, we are always the underdogs. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Good game though!
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Agreed! Don't really understand how Big Red is always underestimated. I know, I know every year we say we have the talent, but it's actually true. Being a public school, of course we have some year's when we don't have as much talent, but we still get more than most schools. But honestly, how can you be a football guy and not realize how special this D was from the beginning? Like I said, when we say we have the talent, we mostly do. BUT, when we say we have a special D, or O, you better believe it. True, we do lose a lot to graduation, but still get plenty in the cupboard. If the jv rb don't get swooped up by the ILH and they bring him up next year, the running back position going be even more fun to watch next year.
St Louis going be super hungry and talented next year; Tagovailoa, that linebacker core looks to be extremely scary next year.
Great season to all the teams through out the state at both D1 and D2. Study hard in the class boys!
Until next year! RRFL!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

cal lee is smart he knos where to get the talent from northshroe and bring to stlouis
but tatta is smarter he goes to the northsore
student learn from his master
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

saynotomercs wrote:
But the FG at the end? Vae Tata and John Hao are dead to me.
lol thank u mr wonderful
-------------------

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Just to be clear,Hawaii808ss, St.Louis 14 straight Oahu Prep Bowls were not State championships. The true State championships, HHSAA, were started in 1999. The Oahu Prep Bowl were against the ILH and OIA champs.

Hawaii808ss
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii808ss »

Yea that Kahuku D was unpredictable. I'm a die hard St Louis fan and everyone is talking about how Cal didn't accept the 2nd place trophy after the game. I think being a senior, Vavae let Sasaoka kick the last field goal of his career, because he did have a sub-par night kicking the ball by his standards. So If Cal was upset at that that's understandable but I don't think it was bad intentions towards St Louis. At a more in depth look at St Louis Defense and offense, I was thinking of a major adjustment Cal could've made on D. Isaac Slade and Iosefa were pretty much non-existent in the game. That's because since Kahuku's run game was north south and not east west, that middle was exposed all night. I'm no coach by any standards, but I thought they should have moved Iosefa and Matautia in the middle even though they are OLBs. Put their best LBs in the middle. Also, knowing that Kahuku ran the ball 90% of the time, I would have blitzed the LBs and cornerbacks more often, instead of waiting back for the Kahuku O-line to push them on their heels. And on offense I always thought St Louis should've run the ball more throughout the season and in this game. Also quick passes instead of having Tua hold the ball too long. The Kahuku pass rush was too good to hold the ball that long. But good game once again and I love the St Louis Kahuku rivalry.

Hawaii808ss
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii808ss »

Markeke: Yea u are right, the "state championship" era started after all those prep bowls. But I mean even in the State Championship game it's always been an ILH team against an OIA team. So technically the prep bowls were pretty much the state championship game. And I really hope the neighbor island teams can make some noise in the future as well. But state championships are more difficult to get to because of the tournament they have to get through in order to get to the title game. So it is more prestigious than the prep bowls. It's so hard for me to say this (as a Saint Louis fan since the Joel Lane, John Hao days) but yes, the position of power has shifted since the emergence of the State championship era. I think thats 5-1 now in favor of Kahuku? Hopefully these two teams can do it again next year!

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Hawaii808ss wrote:Markeke: Yea u are right, the "state championship" era started after all those prep bowls. But I mean even in the State Championship game it's always been an ILH team against an OIA team. So technically the prep bowls were pretty much the state championship game. And I really hope the neighbor island teams can make some noise in the future as well. But state championships are more difficult to get to because of the tournament they have to get through in order to get to the title game. So it is more prestigious than the prep bowls. It's so hard for me to say this (as a Saint Louis fan since the Joel Lane, John Hao days) but yes, the position of power has shifted since the emergence of the State championship era. I think thats 5-1 now in favor of Kahuku? Hopefully these two teams can do it again next year!
State Championship era leveled the playing field. No more 5th year players for the ILH like they had in the Prep Bowl days.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

if prep bowl era apply da same rule as hhsaa then all 15 stlois title is forfeit. kahu had their season forfeit in 2010 bcuz a fifh yr 3rd string bench warmer

that was advantge of cal lee n now look he no can win, how is he a legend? his new gig is to get maui n kaiaui n bigiland recruit but stil lose lastnight, like norm chow he need talent to win
-------------------