2015 State Title: #1 Kahuku vs. #2 St. Louis

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2015 State Title: #1 Kahuku vs. #2 St. Louis

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote:It'd be a shame if Iolani went down, considering the talent and big bodies coming back for them next year.
@gopunahou: I don't think Iolani would be able to touch St Louis or Punahou next year, regardless of the "talent and big bodies" Iolani might have returning.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Regardless, playing as competitively as they did against the Big 3 has got to make them think that they can do it again and possibly win a game in D1. Especially since they almost beat STL last year.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Dog 96707 wrote:kahuku definitely the favorite next year, ah hoy, kaniho, botelho , vimahi, brown, falemalu, naupoto, renaud and 3 of 5 OL, plus the talent that will move up from the jv........it'll be another big year for them. on the ilh side, I wouldn't say that stl is favorite. sure they return tagovailoa, matautia, Purcell, toilolo, oasay, young and saole. but that's it.......they lose OL and DL, and nobody coming up to help. to me, punahou is the favorite. kapule, takeyama, lakalaka, Williams, suguturaga, dominik, tufono, woo, martinson , brady......they actually return most of their OL and DL and most of the Defense and Offensive skill guys. they gotta be the favorite in the ilh. stl, kam and iolani need to have guys step in and make a great impact in order to compete with all that experience. I know it's waaaaaay too early to predict next years championship, but I like pun v. kahuku in 2016
@Dog 96707:
1. Who won the ILH JV title? That might be a small factor.
2. Will Iolani be in D1 again? I thought that was still up-in-the-air.
OK, in response to my own post, I just found-out that Kamehameha won the ILH JV title. But, I don't know how much that will help their vars next year. Usually, having a championship JV team coming-up to vars doesn't have as much impact as having vars returnees who were starters.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

gridiron22 wrote:
rednblue wrote:

Saint Louis loses 4/5 starting offensive lineman and their entire starting defensive line to graduation. Football games aren't won with a QB and a LB core, the trench war will dictate the game on most occasions. The word "lock" shouldn't belong anywhere near football unless you're betting against UH \:D/
Why did St. Louis keep their best two LB's Iosefa and Slade on the outside for all 4 Quarters? I can see that Toilolo and Purcell are beasts but they are also sophomores, you got two of the best LB's in the state and they basically were not factors on the defense because Kahuku ran right up the middle all night. Mililani had one 220 LB that plugged holes and stopped Kahukus jumbo pkg, Farrington had one 220 lbs LB and did the same thing. St. Louis had four 220 lbs Linebackers and they did not do a thing to stop the jumbo pkg. Was Cal Lee giving the game away or something?
One thing, St.Louis was going pound for pound on the Dline and not "chop blocking" like Mililani. Props to St.Louis for manning up. Another big factor is Ah Hoy played most of the game and was not gimpy. Ah Hoy is more patient then Brown. And Ah Hoy has more weight and power.