2015 State Title: #1 Kahuku vs. #2 St. Louis

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: 2015 State Title: #1 Kahuku vs. #2 St. Louis

Post by EITSwarrior »

unpaid wrote:Kahuku played and defeated every team they faced this year including St.Louis. ILH Big Three are annually three of the best teams in Hawaii. But,I think the fact that they play each other 2-3 times a year does not help them once they get out of the league. If they decided to play each other three times a year,would that make them have an even tougher schedule? I would say no. What the Big 3 really need is play more of a variety of opponents. The ILH would really have a tougher strength of schedule if they didN't play most of their schedule against the same 3-4 teams.
Nothing can really be done about that, especially with the OIA insistence on starting their regular season earlier and consequently shortening preseason opponent options for themselves, the ILH and other leagues.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Mililani and Saint Louis all hype all season long but once again, it was still all about Kahuku. Congrats

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

bigD wrote:Class? Like the tomahawk chop you guys did after your first Touchdown? Not so fast my friend!!!
I'm talking about just the team and coaches themselves. If you wanna talk fans, I could write a book describing the bad things each fan base did to each other.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

EITSwarrior wrote:
bigD wrote:Class? Like the tomahawk chop you guys did after your first Touchdown? Not so fast my friend!!!
I'm talking about just the team and coaches themselves. If you wanna talk fans, I could write a book describing the bad things each fan base did to each other.
EITSwarrior- You're sounding like a poor sport. Kahuku beat your team in all facets of the game fair and square. Blaming the Haka, OIA, fans, late FG? Are you serious? Braddah, the best team won. I will say this, your elite WR was intimidated and afraid to catch the ball, you could see it in his eyes. Can't overcome fear and hearing footsteps, thats a problem that will follow him to the next level and DI at that.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

can anyone tell me why cal lee walk off field an no like accepted the 2nd place trophy? to me no big deal but many are saying that was no class move, from a legend
-------------------

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

The haka, the late field goal,etc.etc. was just
Coach Tata's statement. He runs the team. He still has a little of " St Louis" in him. Young and brash. It's okay though. His alma mater will not be calling on him anytime soon. Neither will they be calling Hao, who they fired. But that is good for Kahuku. Like I said early in the season, Tata and Hao was jumping for joy when they inherited a locker room of pure talent. Now it's up to the boys to mold their coach because a dynasty has been formed and it looks dangerous.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

was mean

Link
-------------------

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

huki-lau-lau wrote:can anyone tell me why cal lee walk off field an no like accepted the 2nd place trophy? to me no big deal but many are saying that was no class move, from a legend
Can someone please explain this not being classless? Not matter the outcome you should never walk off the field without accepting defeat and graciously accepting your 2nd place trophy. It took almost a minute or two for someone or even anyone to accept the trophy on the behalf of the program.. Every team since I could remember waited for the trophy ceremony to finish before walking off the field and that included kahuku twice in defeat!! No excuse!!

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

bigD wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:can anyone tell me why cal lee walk off field an no like accepted the 2nd place trophy? to me no big deal but many are saying that was no class move, from a legend
Can someone please explain this not being classless? Not matter the outcome you should never walk off the field without accepting defeat and graciously accepting your 2nd place trophy. It took almost a minute or two for someone or even anyone to accept the trophy on the behalf of the program.. Every team since I could remember waited for the trophy ceremony to finish before walking off the field and that included kahuku twice in defeat!! No excuse!!
I will say that coach calee should not be at fault because I could clearly see him trying to control the emotions of his players but with no success..

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

EITSwarrior wrote:
soleu wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Sorry if it offends any Kahuku people here, but I expected a little more class. I had a lot of respect for Kahuku, especially after that 2003 championship game where the Kahuku players and coaching staff showed tremendous class and respect after a hard fought classic game. Tonight had the Haka during the coin toss and a late meaningless field goal amongst other stuff.
Its a haka, it's meant to be a challenge. Be grateful you finally saw it done the right way in Hawaii instead of to the locker room wall.
I understand what the Haka is, but this is high school football, not professional rugby, not war. It's a football game. Do it during warmups like UH used to do.
This is high school football too

Link

Should we really copy what UH does? :D

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Getreal$ wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:
EITSwarrior- You're sounding like a poor sport. Kahuku beat your team in all facets of the game fair and square. Blaming the Haka, OIA, fans, late FG? Are you serious? Braddah, the best team won. I will say this, your elite WR was intimidated and afraid to catch the ball, you could see it in his eyes. Can't overcome fear and hearing footsteps, thats a problem that will follow him to the next level and DI at that.
Poor sport? Nope, like I said I had and still respect the majority of what Kahuku is. Just pointing out the bad things I saw as I'm sure you could of STL.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

soleu wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:
soleu wrote:
Its a haka, it's meant to be a challenge. Be grateful you finally saw it done the right way in Hawaii instead of to the locker room wall.
I understand what the Haka is, but this is high school football, not professional rugby, not war. It's a football game. Do it during warmups like UH used to do.

Link

You do know that was planned between the two schools.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

EITSwarrior wrote:
soleu wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:

Link

You do know that was planned between the two schools.
So is the one in pro rugby. What's the original point you're trying to make? The haka is meant to be a challenge. With all of the culture here in the islands, Hawaii should've be doing face to face challenges way before Utah.

95boyz
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by 95boyz »

There were so many confident "tones" by posters in here before the game, that changed after the game lol
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

I can kind of understand why Cal Lee had the team walk off considering how high the emotions are in this intense rivalry; still looks bad, but I for one am not going to be a judge in this matter; it happened and hopefully everyone can turn the moment into a learning experience. After last night, it's just another game(still got bragging rights tho), life goes on, move forward.
Good luck to the seniors from all the teams; looking forward to watching many of you represent not only your families and schools, but the rest of us from this Awesome place we call Hawaii at the next level.
RRFL!!! GO BIG RED!

It's only another 10 months before we get to start this craziness again!!! CHeeeeeHOOOO!