HHSAA Semi-Final: Mililani vs. Saint Louis

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: HHSAA Semi-Final: Mililani vs. Saint Louis

Post by EITSwarrior »

rednblue wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Still plenty of time for any school like Oregon to offer Tua. And just cause another QB committed to the Ducks in the same class is there, it wont prevent them from offering Tua or another QB a schollie. Remember when Marcus was offered by Oregon they also had two other QBs committed to them in the same class, which the QBs later decommitted for their reasons.
But when the 2017 class comes in, the Ducks project to have 5 QBs on scholarship, 6 if they do pick up a JC QB, and 7 with their new commit. That's a lot to have invested at one position.

Nothing would make me happier to see him go to UO but just saying that it isn't a favorable scenario.

True that's if things stay on course, but figure one or two may transfer out.

To be honest I don't think Oregon is the best fit for Tua. Yeah he can play in it and could do quite well. I think the best fit for him is an Air Raid offense like Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Cal, Baylor, Washington St. But if JJ or Rolo came back to UH and the RNS, I selfishly would want Tua to stay home. But I'd understand if he wants to take his game to the mainland.

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

Wow, York played his starters the whole game. Never give up you say, give me a break. Saint Louis played pretty much reserves from the mid third quarter. Malepeai and Timoteo are both legit D-1 but did he really need to pad their stats.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Who had a worse career-ending game? Andrew Manley or McKenzie Milton?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

SM96753 wrote:
browndog wrote:On another note milton looks like a smaller version of mariota and i am surprised oregon didn't offer. or did they?
I mean no disrespect but do you really think Milton looks like a smaller version of Mariota? His arm is no where near up to par. Even before his injury, his passes fluttered. He never had that "zip" on a tight spiral.
I only saw milton play a few games last year and this year but his style of running and quick release reminded me of mariota. Not sure what mariota looked like at 18 years old. I wish milton the best, hope he does well at UH.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

browndog wrote:
SM96753 wrote:
browndog wrote:On another note milton looks like a smaller version of mariota and i am surprised oregon didn't offer. or did they?
I mean no disrespect but do you really think Milton looks like a smaller version of Mariota? His arm is no where near up to par. Even before his injury, his passes fluttered. He never had that "zip" on a tight spiral.
I only saw milton play a few games last year and this year but his style of running and quick release reminded me of mariota. Not sure what mariota looked like at 18 years old. I wish milton the best, hope he does well at UH.
Marcus was way ahead of where Milton is when he was in his senior season. Marcus was faster and a very strong arm. His STL highlights are on YouTube.