HHSAA Semi-Final: Mililani vs. Saint Louis

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: HHSAA Semi-Final: Mililani vs. Saint Louis

Post by Markeke »

Mercy rule 49-14 St.Louis. Hope Milton is not too badly hurt.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

He's done for the night.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

This gm is over! Tough luck for Mililani to have Milton go down again. St. Louis vs kahuku should be good but I think St. Louis takes it. Really like kahuku's d but I don't think they'll shutdown St. Louis enough for their offense to overcome.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Well that was disappointing

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Neighbor wrote:Well that was disappointing
mill is one man team and even tonight with milton at 100% crusader too good
mill look good play hilo and other weak oia team but when play kahu and crusader differtn story
-------------------

AllRelative
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AllRelative »

Congratulations to the Crusaders who played an awesome game tonight.

KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KindergartenCop »

Why was it disappointing ?

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
mill is one man team and even tonight with milton at 100% crusader too good
mill look good play hilo and other weak oia team but when play kahu and crusader differtn story
Yeah it really relied on Milton. They can rely on Malepeai against everyone else, but not against Punahou, Saint Louis or Kahuku cause they'll shut him down. But he still had a good game.

Same with the passing game. All their short passes to get their WR the ball in open space works against the lesser teams, but against the better teams, the defense collapses on the WR real quick once they get the ball.

It depended on Milton quarterbacking a good game and taking what he could get and making plays and just marching down the field. Perhaps they were just too spoiled on hitting home runs on almost every play so they didn't have the patience to have long drives. But it also looked like the ball sailed on Milton for a bunch of this INTs so idk. The fumbles didn't help either.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

Now i see why JJ is working with st louis QB and heard rumor that mark helfrich of oregon came to scout him .... just a jr??????
wow.
On another note milton looks like a smaller version of mariota and i am surprised oregon didn't offer. or did they?

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

Look at it on the bright side, the entire state won last night. St. Louis had kids from around the state and from every Island. That #9 from Maui is HUGE! #11 from Kauai is a baller. #14 from Kaiser is awesome. #10 former Kona kid, great speed! Well represented.

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

browndog wrote:Now i see why JJ is working with st louis QB and heard rumor that mark helfrich of oregon came to scout him .... just a jr??????
wow.
On another note milton looks like a smaller version of mariota and i am surprised oregon didn't offer. or did they?
The offer to Tua or Milton?

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

KindergartenCop wrote:
browndog wrote:Now i see why JJ is working with st louis QB and heard rumor that mark helfrich of oregon came to scout him .... just a jr??????
wow.
The offer to Tua or Milton?
Milton was on the Ducks radar after he won best QB at their camp this past summer. For their 2016 Recruiting class they already have 2 committed QBs and looking for one more out of a JC. The lack of size doesn't help his case with OC Scott Frost's preference to taller passers... injury likely took him out of the running more so.

As it stands right now, I don't see the Ducks offering Tua either, unfortunately. They only offered one QB for their 2017 class thus far, Ryan Kelley (AZ) and he just committed to them this past Thursday. I thought it would be a no brainer to offer Tua because of how talented a dual threat he is and the MM connection, but no such thing yet. If Tua some how ended up in Eugene, I could see him winning the job.... but sadly it doesn't look likely.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Still plenty of time for any school like Oregon to offer Tua. And just cause another QB committed to the Ducks in the same class is there, it wont prevent them from offering Tua or another QB a schollie. Remember when Marcus was offered by Oregon they also had two other QBs committed to them in the same class, which the QBs later decommitted for their reasons.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

EITSwarrior wrote:Still plenty of time for any school like Oregon to offer Tua. And just cause another QB committed to the Ducks in the same class is there, it wont prevent them from offering Tua or another QB a schollie. Remember when Marcus was offered by Oregon they also had two other QBs committed to them in the same class, which the QBs later decommitted for their reasons.
But when the 2017 class comes in, the Ducks project to have 5 QBs on scholarship, 6 if they do pick up a JC QB, and 7 with their new commit. That's a lot to have invested at one position.

Nothing would make me happier to see him go to UO but just saying that it isn't a favorable scenario.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

browndog wrote:On another note milton looks like a smaller version of mariota and i am surprised oregon didn't offer. or did they?
I mean no disrespect but do you really think Milton looks like a smaller version of Mariota? His arm is no where near up to par. Even before his injury, his passes fluttered. He never had that "zip" on a tight spiral.