Alma Mater

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
95boyz
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Alma Mater

Post by 95boyz »

Kahuku!!! Duh!
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

1. Someone needs to teach these kids to actually SING their Alma Mater. I hate going to games and hearing them say it. They sound like they're dying whales.

2. I always hated it how they were nervous to sing the Alma Mater. Also barley hearing these kids and you can see the fear in their eyes. For Pete sake they play tackle football and they're too afraid to sing? It's a shame. LOL

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

Seriously??? Lahainaluna wins this hands down. I'm not a grad of LHS and I am always impressed when they sing it.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

Lahainaluna...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

An alma mater so beautiful that even the mighty Kamehameha Schools sang it during their own televised song contest. If that's not the ultimate tribute (having another school sing your alma mater), then I don't know what is!

An alma mater so heart felt that it inspired a woman originally from the mainland to donate 7 million dollars to the school!

And I did not attend Lahainaluna. I think I'm going to youtube it right now.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Neighbor wrote:How can you go wrong with Sons of Hawai'i?
I know this thread is old and has been dormant for over a month, but I was scrolling down the threads and its title caught my eye.

@Neighbor:
1. "Sons of Hawaii" is Kamehameha's alma mater, right?
2. I'm kind of leaning to Farrington. Their vars football team has a tradition of singing Farrington's alma mater a cappella on the field, right before the game.

Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Naue »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Neighbor wrote:How can you go wrong with Sons of Hawai'i?
I know this thread is old and has been dormant for over a month, but I was scrolling down the threads and its title caught my eye.

@Neighbor:
1. "Sons of Hawaii" is Kamehameha's alma mater, right?
2. I'm kind of leaning to Farrington. Their vars football team has a tradition of singing Farrington's alma mater a cappella on the field, right before the game.
Nanakuli sings theirs without a band also and they sing it loud!
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"