Mililani still the team to beat

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Mililani still the team to beat

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

harus0ra wrote:I too think mililani is the team to beat. This might be there last and only chance to win another state championship. You have a point that teams need to out score mililani to win the thing is st.Louis and punahou can light up the score board too and they both have tough defense. Last year mililani had a tough D and still couldn't stop punahou from scoring and now with no defense how there going to stop punahou from scoring.
@harus0ra: You're assuming that Punahou will win the ILH. I'm not so certain of that. I think St Louis has a better D than Punahou, and also a more-balanced O. I think Punahou will go mostly with the run game this year. St Louis can run and pass.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

rrforlifebaby wrote:Agree. Both Waianae and Farrington look dangerous. Definitely can't look past them or take them for granted.
@rrforlifebaby: Farrington isn't that dangerous against a pass-oriented team, as their pass-D sucks. Unfortunately, Kahuku is a run-oriented team. The way Mililani passes, they would light-up the scoreboard against Farrington.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

WITblitztrend wrote:
joesmako44 wrote:
Realist wrote:For people who only look at #s and scores you don't know football, first of all liberty went full house all the way, if they did that against St. Louis, the my wouldn't beat the crusaders too, they went spread for the most part against the crusaders, second Mililani was missing there middle backer and two d linemen due to injury, Mililani will make changes after this, they have a great coaching staff, and will move guys around, maybe seeing slots and Recievers playing both ways, nobody will stop the Trojans, the only way to beat the Trojans is if you can score 60-70 points on them, which liberty did, the Trojans may get scored on but can you out score them, I don't think any team can besides St. Louis or punahou, but offensively the Trojans has the best offense hands down, Milton, timateo, malepeai, Ventura, and Sallas, no one will stop them , pick ur poison
@realist
You sound like your still jet lag. Not looking at numbers but looking how Mililani's defense is not good. Liberty went to the spread because of St Louis front 7. Not the same 7 you saw at the SCRIMMAGE. IF THEY WERE THAT GOOD they would have scored more than Liberty. Don't make excuses. They are not the team to beat. Kahuku will beat them. Get some rest and get ready for Aiea.
@realist
Incorrect....vs. St. Louis it was apparent Liberty didn't go into a Full House because they were "afraid" of St.Louis front 7....St. Louis front is still a work in progress. I think Liberty just game planned well vs. Mililani with the intent of getting a win after a tough loss the following week. It was a great example of coming up with a sound game-plan, sticking with it, and coming away with a victory for Liberty. Mililani only gets better with a loss, it would have been better for everyone else if Mililani skated through that game, instead, they collect valuable film to teach, learn, and adjust...
The season will get more exciting with the unveiling of the true pecking order in the ILH!!
@WITblitztrend:
May I suggest the following as the "true pecking order" in the ILH:
1. St Louis
2. Punahou
3. Kamehameha
4. Iolani

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Realist wrote:Btw, I am a St. Louis grad, and proud alumni, St. Louis vs Mililani would be a shoot out no doubt, I just think Mililani has the better offense, , Mililani has more weapons, crusaders receiving core ain't as good as the Trojans, that's just my opinion, but in the end, would love to see that match up
@Realist: I would agree that Mililani QB Milton is better than St Louis QB Tagovailoa, but I think St Louis receiver Kobayashi is better than Mililani receiver Timoteo. Mililani RB Malepeai is definitely better than St Louis RB Silofau. But at the same time, St Louis' D is better than Mililani's D.

Realist
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Realist »

Yes u rare right , St. Louis d is better, but still they won't stop Mililani from scoring, they have to much weapons

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Realist wrote:Yes u rare right , St. Louis d is better, but still they won't stop Mililani from scoring, they have to much weapons
@Realist: But, can Mililani's D stop St Louis from scoring? If Kobayashi is healthy, the Tagovailoa-to-Kobayashi connection is just as good as the Milton-to-Timoteo connection. And while St Louis doesn't have an RB as good as Malepeai, Silofau--St Louis' best RB--is no slouch.

HighFlyer
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HighFlyer »

WITblitztrend is correct. St. Louis AIN'T head and shoulders above the others in the ILH. I don't hate them, just the tough guy teenyboppers who guarantee flawlessness from them. They hurt their school just as much as Iolani elitists hurt theirs.

joesmako44
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by joesmako44 »

HighFlyer wrote:WITblitztrend is correct. St. Louis AIN'T head and shoulders above the others in the ILH. I don't hate them, just the tough guy teenyboppers who guarantee flawlessness from them. They hurt their school just as much as Iolani elitists hurt theirs.

Lmao

HighFlyer
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HighFlyer »

joesmako44 wrote:
HighFlyer wrote:People, don't waste your time with joesmako44. He's nothing more than a St. Louis version of Swag43 and 1808Anonymous.
Don't listen to high flyer cause hes either jet lag or just irritated that st louis is back. Don't get mad its just opinions and thoughts. What school did you attend?
I graduated from San Pedro in CA but Iolani is my team!

HighFlyer
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HighFlyer »

Realist wrote:Btw, I am a St. Louis grad, and proud alumni, St. Louis vs Mililani would be a shoot out no doubt, I just think Mililani has the better offense, , Mililani has more weapons, crusaders receiving core ain't as good as the Trojans, that's just my opinion, but in the end, would love to see that match up
I am glad there are people like you. People with reasonable expectations instead of users like joesmako44, 1808Anonymous, and saintlouisontop. I wish I knew a synonym for delusional because that's what was on the tip of my tongue to describe them!

joesmako44
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by joesmako44 »

HighFlyer wrote:
I am glad there are people like you. People with reasonable expectations instead of users like joesmako44, 1808Anonymous, and saintlouisontop. I wish I knew a synonym for delusional because that's what was on the tip of my tongue to describe them!
@low flyer

Lol. I'm sorry that you feel that way. I wish we could meet up so that I can hug you cause you seem so disturbed. You eat ahi?

CityWithNoPity!!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CityWithNoPity!!! »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
@Realist: I would agree that Mililani QB Milton is better than St Louis QB Tagovailoa, but I think St Louis receiver Kobayashi is better than Mililani receiver Timoteo. Mililani RB Malepeai is definitely better than St Louis RB Silofau. But at the same time, St Louis' D is better than Mililani's D.
Mililani is only ahead by a step when you compare the offensive weapons to STL. Better offense then STL....no way!!! Milton is better then Tua....Crazy!! Tua is the best QB in the state. He may not have the stats as milton but he can do what milton can do with his legs and he can do way more then milton with his arm.

808ftblPOLYtics
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808ftblPOLYtics »

millz recruit like private school... steal from other districts. pretty sad true mililani grown kids cant play or start for there home school cuz coach york wants to build private school type powerhouse.. RESPECT to teams like kahuku,farrington and waianae! ROOTED NOT RECRUITED !! :hello1: \:D/ :boxing:

808ftblPOLYtics
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808ftblPOLYtics »

I was at liberty game ... millz D is too small.. Dline was getting manhandled by liberty,line backers and Dbs were getting runover and missing arm tackles .. MILLz offense is TOPNOTCH.. they woulda had a chance to win but those 3 drives that ended in redzone did them in., timoteo was beasting out at beginning of game but also had key drop on slants on couple of those stalled 2nd half redzone drives... as for hawaii football i think st louis is early favorite because they have all around team.. good offense and waay more talented ,bigger ,stronger D then millz... DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS !! do the math!

HighFlyer
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HighFlyer »

808ftblPOLYtics wrote:millz recruit like private school... steal from other districts. pretty sad true mililani grown kids cant play or start for there home school cuz coach york wants to build private school type powerhouse.. RESPECT to teams like kahuku,farrington and waianae! ROOTED NOT RECRUITED !! :hello1: \:D/ :boxing:
Where did York graduate from high school? Oh that's right--Iolani, the school that recruits the most.