Mililani still the team to beat

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Mililani still the team to beat

Post by KindergartenCop »

Markeke wrote:
Markeke wrote:
Realist wrote:For people who only look at #s and scores you don't know football, first of all liberty went full house all the way, if they did that against St. Louis, the my wouldn't beat the crusaders too, they went spread for the most part against the crusaders, second Mililani was missing there middle backer and two d linemen due to injury, Mililani will make changes after this, they have a great coaching staff, and will move guys around, maybe seeing slots and Recievers playing both ways, nobody will stop the Trojans, the only way to beat the Trojans is if you can score 60-70 points on them, which liberty did, the Trojans may get scored on but can you out score them, I don't think any team can besides St. Louis or punahou, but offensively the Trojans has the best offense hands down, Milton, timateo, malepeai, Ventura, and Sallas, no one will stop them , pick ur poison
See Realist is a newbie registered poster. Okay, on Oahu, Mililani played Campbell (0-5) McKinley (0-4) and Kapolei ( 2-3). The scrimmages were scrimmages, nothing more. Aiea,Kailua and Farrington are next. Injuries are a big part of success. These next teams are hitters. If York keeps his 1's in all game, with a 4 TD lead, that would be foolish. Forget about the passing records and the rushing records. Use your 2's and 3's for experience. Most important, keep your starters injury free. Then maybe, yes maybe Mililani may make it to the finals.
Quote,unquote.......
Talk about crystal ball.

The passing game will be inconsistent, so Kala will not be a large factor tomorrow. He will get his usual catches and may get in a score. The game will be riding on Vavae's back. Milton will be weak on his throws and may float a few (game speed is not the same as practice speed) and is susceptible to a lot more picks than normal, if an when he gets in. The new freshman QB5 will be inconsistent and scared to make a mistake with so much riding on this game. Remember Milton's arm was in a sling and not being used for at least 3weeks. Not sure what type of rehab he has been going through, but I heard after a few throws during practice this week, his arm became sore and needed to be iced. I would hold him out and just have Vavae do his thing.

I still pick Mililani over Hilo. Mililani needs to keep an eye on personal tomorrow and not over use them.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Yeah I pick Mililani +20 over Hilo. Mac should just get in and hand off and throw under passes. NO SCRAMBLING. still believe Higa can beat Hilo. In two weeks you'll see Mil different looks. They will just have to win without homerun balls. For them, 12 touchdowns in three weeks could equate to #1 again.

Kaneohe boy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kaneohe boy »

Realist wrote:For people who only look at #s and scores you don't know football, first of all liberty went full house all the way, if they did that against St. Louis, the my wouldn't beat the crusaders too, they went spread for the most part against the crusaders, second Mililani was missing there middle backer and two d linemen due to injury, Mililani will make changes after this, they have a great coaching staff, and will move guys around, maybe seeing slots and Recievers playing both ways, nobody will stop the Trojans, the only way to beat the Trojans is if you can score 60-70 points on them, which liberty did, the Trojans may get scored on but can you out score them, I don't think any team can besides St. Louis or punahou, but offensively the Trojans has the best offense hands down, Milton, timateo, malepeai, Ventura, and Sallas, no one will stop them , pick ur poison
1st of all Milton will prob not play because UH hounding him about his scholarship. Kalakaua please people compare him to Kanawai noa he isn't even close. via he's the real deal. Sallas good thing he left saint louis and he drops way to much passes/punts/kickreturns. you say pick your poison but Kahuku shut there offense down. also who have they played thus far in the season ?

Kaneohe boy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kaneohe boy »

Post note I'm excited to see Saint louis vs Millilani. a lot of tension between Kalakaua and the crusaders

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

Kaneohe boy wrote:Post note I'm excited to see Saint louis vs Millilani. a lot of tension between Kalakaua and the crusaders
why only Kalakaua?

Is Mililani still the team to beat?

It will be interesting game. Mililani has never come from behind to win a game this season. Saint Louis has come from behind multiple times to beat Punahou and Kapalama.

I think we all agree that beating Hilo the way they did was not impressive. Short dink passes and the slots/receivers did the rest. When Milton tried to go long, it floated. His balls fluttered/wobbled a lot. He's back on the field but is he really back? I sure hope York is not leaving it up to the Milton to decide if he is ready to play. This is his future your talking about. Milton's HEART is never in question, the kid would have strapped up 5 weeks ago, but adults made the decision that he was not physically able to play. Yes he suited up and played last night and the fire is oh so strong, I could see it in his face, when he help his team succeed. I saw a different Mililani TEAM when Milton was on the field. They elevated to another level, everyone played better. It was a good Practice run through for the Trojans with Milton at the controls. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise to get this game with Hilo. before playing STL and possibly Kahuku. I want Milton and all players to play if they are mentally and physically able to play.

Lets just say he survives Saint Louis and moves on to Kahuku. Would he hold up for both games and would it be worth the risk ? I don't think University of Hawaii will back out, but again there will be a New head coach that did not recruit him. Would that coach move on if Milton got hurt again. Will Rod York and the Mililani Ohana pay for Miltons College if that happened ?

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

One more injury and it's " walk on " status. Signing day is Feb. Colleges can recind, revise, reverse prior to that date.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

An AC sprain isn't enough to make colleges back off. It's not that serious, albeit extremely painful and uncomfortable. It's not like an ACL tear or serious neck injury. Football players get these all the time and they're not hard to treat, they just take time to heal because they're difficult to isolate. Serious pain, though.

Kaneohe boy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kaneohe boy »

KindergartenCop wrote:
Kaneohe boy wrote:Post note I'm excited to see Saint louis vs Millilani. a lot of tension between Kalakaua and the crusaders
why only Kalakaua?

It will be interesting game. Mililani has never come from behind to win a game this season. Saint Louis has come from behind multiple times to beat Punahou and Kapalama.

I think we all agree that beating Hilo the way they did was not impressive. Short dink passes and the slots/receivers did the rest. When Milton tried to go long, it floated. His balls fluttered/wobbled a lot. He's back on the field but is he really back? I sure hope York is not leaving it up to the Milton to decide if he is ready to play. This is his future your talking about. Milton's HEART is never in question, the kid would have strapped up 5 weeks ago, but adults made the decision that he was not physically able to play. Yes he suited up and played last night and the fire is oh so strong, I could see it in his face, when he help his team succeed. I saw a different Mililani TEAM when Milton was on the field. They elevated to another level, everyone played better. It was a good Practice run through for the Trojans with Milton at the controls. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise to get this game with Hilo. before playing STL and possibly Kahuku. I want Milton and all players to play if they are mentally and physically able to play.

Lets just say he survives Saint Louis and moves on to Kahuku. Would he hold up for both games and would it be worth the risk ? I don't think University of Hawaii will back out, but again there will be a New head coach that did not recruit him. Would that coach move on if Milton got hurt again. Will Rod York and the Mililani Ohana pay for Miltons College if that happened ?
Kalakaua talks a lot and has been trying to talk/play vs saint louis. Im sure Rico will talk also since he transferred.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

KindergartenCop wrote:
why only Kalakaua?

This is football, bruh